Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Has anyone used or know how to use Zippay (Australia)?

I like to know how to implement
    Zippay (Australia) or AfterPay
    Anyone please
    Downunder QLD

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Has anyone used or know how to use Zippay (Australia)?

Quote Originally Posted by oavs View Post
    Anyone please
    The good news is that Zippay (Australia) is possible and appears to function with Zencart.
    The bad news is that I only know of one company/business that has the zencart specific code to make it possible. Most of the needed code is downloadable from github (free of charge). Then zencart specific code is proprietry to the company that does the installs (at $200 per install). He claims to have done 100's of zen installs for this module, but based on the crap and bs that he gave to my client I suspect my clients install was probably only the second one he'd done (this was shortly before xmas 2017). He actually spent almost a week trying to get the Authentication aspect to work and pretty much insisted it was a TLS issue, even though my clients site was running the most current SSL/TLS. He wouldn't accept the fact that if it were a TLS issue the systems wouldn't be able to communicate enough for the Authentication data exchange to take place and report that there even was something amiss with the Auth data (aka, the login credentials). I eventually stepped in to help my client, and was able to fix this particular issue in a matter of minutes. The 'expert' (well, my client) found another issue. The taxes weren't being correctly calculated/processed, so once again the 'expert' blamed it on 'non standard store modifications' ... long story short, he had to modify *his* code to fix this. Next problem, he somehow managed to fck up the Zencart Freeshipper module, this was very bad for the client since most of his products are eligiable for free shipping. Again, this required yet another update of the the custon zencart/zippay code (strange how he claims to have done 100's of these installs on zencart sites, yet to fix these problems he had to update his own code. I can't believe after "100s of installs" he hadn't run into these issues before. The way he worded these fixes to my client had him thinking the updates/changes were to the zencart code rather than his own code. (I ended up showing my client exactly what changes were done to fix these issues so as to assure him that no changes were made to the zencart code itself. So a little over a month had now passed and zippay was finally up and running. My client, typically gets at least a dozen sales per day. He has only had *three* sales using zippay since it was made functional in Early december. The sales (not the profits) haven't even covered the cost of the installation. IOW, in spite of any hype, there doesn't seem much of a demand to use zippay anyway.

Just to make matters worse, since the install of the module my clients site has been slowly but surely been falling in the Google rankings, to the extent that a site search was showing *zero* results at the start of the month. This didn't turn out to be due to the zippay module, but because this 'expert' had decided that the bmz_cache folder should be unwritable to the zencart/server process, as a result the cache now only contained obsolete data, and because ImageHandler couldn't write to it, the server was sending fullsize uncompressed images even where only thumbnails were needed (well, that also explained why the site has been so sluggish for the last few months). Oh, did I mention that during the install attempt of zippay the installer kept giving my client the sales pitch that it would perform better if migrated to one of *his* servers (which I actually determined and was able to show my client that they were actually *slower* to respond than what he had, so basically, we now assume he deliberately sabotaged the site in order to boost his own business.

Sorry for this rant and rave, but as you can see, this has been a really bad experience in so many ways, and I can't, or won't name the business because I don't want to give him any form of advertising, so all I will say, he is the only person/business in Australia that has the zencart specific code to make it function, so, yes, zippay Aust and Zencart is possible, but untill/unless another alternative arises I would suggest you don't even consider it, especally since end customer demand doesn't seem to be there anyway.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by oavs View Post
    Anyone please

As far as I know (from a client of mine) Zippay has the ZC code on their site and hands it out to clients after they sign up with Zippay. To date my client has not signed up with them at all.

I have not seen that code myself so can't comment.

Afterpay so far has no payment module for ZC.

Tend to agree with Rod that "100's" of installed Zippay modules is absolute BS, sheer and utter crappology.

Cheers / Frank

Plugin Contributions

Zippay have a published API but currently no working zencart module
    There is an oscommerce module for afterpay if someone wants to convert that

Plugin Contributions

When I visited the ZipPay website I saw ZenCart logo and assumed that they have the plugin module like the other shopping cart logos they had. After contacting them they said They do not have anything as yet for Zencart.
    ==email==
    Thanks for getting in touch with us!

At the current time we support the following platforms:
    • Shopify
    • Magento
    • BigCommerce
    • WooCommerce
    • Neto
    • 3D Cart
    • PrestaShop
    • Drupal
    • eCorner

Unsupported platforms - If you are operating on an unsupported platform, Zip can still work with your business, however, you will need your web developer to perform an API integration.

====================

I then pointed out the Zencart logo being displayed on their site then they replied
    ==EMAIL==================
    Good point, we must have recently added them,

Has your client been accredited by our team yet?

=====================

After that I handed over to my client to follow up. Still not sure how it will work with Zencart and I'll wait and see.
    Downunder QLD

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by frank18 View Post
    As far as I know (from a client of mine) Zippay has the ZC code on their site and hands it out to clients after they sign up with Zippay. To date my client has not signed up with them at all.

Tend to agree with Rod that "100's" of installed Zippay modules is absolute BS, sheer and utter crappology.

Cheers / Frank
    I'd take that claim with a grain of salt. The only code they have and support is what is listed on their website. For zencart all they do is pass you off to the business I refuse to name. If you think about it, how come there are zippay modules for opencart, prestashop, virtuemart, and apparently, now even oScommerce, all available on their respective websites, yet apparently, zippay have kept the Zencart module "hidden" on their site only to be provided after you sign up?

Doesn't really make sense to me.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

If anyone is up to the task. The API code is on github (under the name of zipmoney. its the same code as used for zippay)

For integation instructions, the doccumention, with code examples can be found here:
    https://api.zipmoney.com.au (again, zippay and zipmoney use the same code)

It is not a particularly difficult thing to code for (I've had to develop more complex code for some of the couriers that ozpost provides quotes for), and for a wee while I had considered even doing it myself (so as to help avoid other zenners being taken for a ride with the $200 code/install option.... and to piff the guy off. The main reason that made me decide against it is the support and/or demand factor. I could spend a week creating the code that would only be used by one or two zenners, or, if it were used by more, I'd invariably end up having to answer a lot of "how do I do this" or "why doesn't it work" questions, and even cop abuse from some folk for not responding within an hour or so (been there, done that), so basically, by creating the code and giving it to zenners I will be giving myself a whole lot of hurt in the process... Again, been there, done that.

As I say, the code won't be be difficult to write. 99% of it has already been written and freely downloadable from github, the remaining 1% is the interface (json requests/results) between the API and the zencart store. I've not looked, but I suspect some of the existing zencart payment modules could be modified to do this (rather than writing from scratch).

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by frank18 View Post

Cheers / Frank
    I signed up with Zippay on the basis that they had a Zencart module (misleading advertising on their site).

Instead they inform that they have a company who have developed an integration and can integrate it. I wouldn't have mind to pay for a module and integrate myself but didn't like the idea of having a third party tinker with my Zencart setup.

I have instead asked the coder who did most of the work on my website to do the integration.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ivopivo View Post
    I signed up with Zippay on the basis that they had a Zencart module (misleading advertising on their site).

Instead they inform that they have a company who have developed an integration and can integrate it. I wouldn't have mind to pay for a module and integrate myself but didn't like the idea of having a third party tinker with my Zencart setup.

I have instead asked the coder who did most of the work on my website to do the integration.
    How did it go?

Plugin Contributions

id be interested in this also - i was approved but i declined after finding out there was no down loadable module

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast