Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Concerned About Upgrading Server PHP with ZC version 1.3.8a

When you see a "Server 500" (or a blank white-page), check your site's /logs directory for files named myDEBUG-*.log.

That/those files will identify the source of the PHP-related issue. If you're posting the contents of a log file named myDEBUG-adm-*.log, be aware that your "secret admin directory" will need to be xxx'd out!

Update: Since you're running zc138a, there's no /logs directory ... and logs are generated only if you've installed DrByte's error-logging plugin for that old version.
    Last edited by lat9; 8 Jun 2018 at 08:32 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Is there any other way to get this site back up and running? There are no error logs, and I don't know of a way to determine what is going wrong and why it doesn't work at this time.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

is the site is down, and there are no error logs, that means you are failing PRIOR to the ZC function that captures the errors and writes them into your logs directory.

when a site does not work, there are ALWAYS error logs.

you need to contact your host and ask them how to access the error logs for your site. you can then post that data here, and then perhaps someone can help.

without an error log, its really hard to make guesses as to what can be wrong.

best.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

... actually, on a zc138a site, it's possible that there are no logs. It was in that era that DrByte provided the first (as a plugin) "enable_error_logging.php" functionality.

Plugin Contributions

Yeah, if i remember correctly the first standard log files came in 1.39 in the cache folder.
    Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    ... actually, on a zc138a site, it's possible that there are no logs. It was in that era that DrByte provided the first (as a plugin) "enable_error_logging.php" functionality.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Design75 View Post
    Yeah, if i remember correctly the first standard log files came in 1.39 in the cache folder.
    Your remembrance is correct!

Plugin Contributions

So, I was able to find the error logs file, as I had already installed the Dr Byte error logging module. I had to rename the cache folder and create a new cache folder. Then, I replaced the following files with files from the new version, based on the error logs:

includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php replace with new
    includes/functions/functions_general.php replace with new file
    includes/functions/functions_email.php replace with new file
    includes/functions/sessions.php

The front end now works, apparently completely There are a few errors still being generated, so I will be working on those as well.

However, the admin area does not work correctly. There were some errors presented on the page when it was loaded, which I fixed in the same way as above, and the admin page does load.

I had to replace one file, adm1n/includes/classes/language.php, and also repair the application_top file in the same way as instructed earlier in this thread.

Just under the first bar when the admin page loads, where it says configuration, I receive the following error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function zen_draw_admin_box() in adm1n/includes/boxes/catalog_dhtml.php on line 44

Is there somewhere else that error logs for the admin area might be posted to? There are no specific error messages related to the admin area in the mydebug file.

Would it be a better idea to replace the whole admin folder with a new version of the same folder? Or is there an easier way to fix this error, shown above? Or is there a simpler solution to fix the error shown above?

Again, any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

You may have an old version of Stock By Attributes. See if https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....-1-3-9/page166 doesn't help.

Plugin Contributions

Hi, I don't think I ever installed that particular plugin to this cart. I checked the folder where the plugin would have installed a file (based on the files I downloaded for the new version), and there is no such file there. Is it possible that this plugin, if it has never been installed, would have now become necessary?

Can you tell me please what this add-on module does? If I never installed it before, would installing it now fix the problem mentioned in my thread with regard to the admin area? Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

You would need to check based on the version for 1.3.8 as the newer is probably much different.

The plug-in for your situation is available at https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=202 but your version may be all the way at the end.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast