Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Checkout Stuck in First Step

A customer contacted me with a problem when checking out, digging in the tracking i noticed that step 1 of 3 was repeated and the customer was stuck in that page.

I went to the site and found out that when someone select "Guest Account" and "creating an Account" the problem occur, not sure when it happened and how it happened, the site has been slow and slowed down since the beginning of the year.

Feel free to check it out and select create an account or Guest Account and enter dummy data in the billing/shipping fields and click on Continue.

website https://goo.gl/3zEXtx
    Fast and Easy Checkout Version 2.1.2

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Checkout Stuck in First Step

Are there any myDEBUG*.log files created in your store's /logs directory on/around the time you enter that checkout process?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Are there any myDEBUG*.log files created in your store's /logs directory on/around the time you enter that checkout process?
    Thanks for the quick reply.
    I have Quite a few PHP Warning like the one below:

PHP Warning: Missing argument 1 for zen_output_string_protected(), called in /home/...../public_html/includes/templates/
    responsive_sheffield_blue/templates/tpl_product_reviews_write_default.php on line 46 and defined in /home/......./public_html/includes/functions/functions_general.php on line 93

I am not sure if that is what caused it and why the argument is missing?

Plugin Contributions

What php version is the site seeing? This can be found from the admin and selecting the version link in the upper right hand corner.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    What php version is the site seeing? This can be found from the admin and selecting the version link in the upper right hand corner.
    PHP Version 5.6.29

Plugin Contributions

Any more ideas?

Plugin Contributions

Do yourself a favor and replace Fast and Easy Checkout v2.1.2 (last updated in 2015) with the One-Page Checkout plugin. I'm very, very close to having a releasable version that includes guest checkout.

Plugin Contributions

Or visit the author's website to obtain an updated copy that was modified late last year (if there is some feature that is a must have with FEC and not currently nor planned to be available in OPC.)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Do yourself a favor and replace Fast and Easy Checkout v2.1.2 (last updated in 2015) with the One-Page Checkout plugin. I'm very, very close to having a releasable version that includes guest checkout.
    I will do that even though i have a strong feeling that the problem is not in Fast and Easy Checkout since it was working fine and there was no work done directly on these files, the problem from either server update/change (which i suspect the most since no errors is being logged) or some files updates.

Any recommendations for smooth transaction from FEC to OPC?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by TamyA View Post
    I will do that even though i have a strong feeling that the problem is not in Fast and Easy Checkout since it was working fine and there was no work done directly on these files, the problem from either server update/change (which i suspect the most since no errors is being logged) or some files updates.

Any recommendations for smooth transaction from FEC to OPC?

Unfortunately, the FEC integration modifies of a fair number of Zen Cart core-files and requires careful inspection of those files to remove all vestiges of its processing. You'll need to remove (preferably on a test site, so you don't disrupt your money-producing one) the FEC changes fully before installing OPC.

The OPC installation (although a large number of files), touches very few core-files and in a way that its removal doesn't disrupt the operation of your store.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast