Server OS: Linux 3.2.0-5-amd64 Database: MySQL 5.6.39-1~dotdeb+7.1
    Server Date: 03/26/2018 10:45:21 Database Date: 03/26/2018 15:45:21
    HTTP Server: Apache/2.2.22 (Debian)
    PHP Version: 5.6.33 (Zend: 2.6.0) PHP Memory Limit: 128M PHP Safe Mode: Off
    PHP File Uploads: On Max Size: 2M POST Max Size: 8M
    Database Data Size: 75,438 kB Database Index Size: 7,054 kB
    No mods installed that I know of

New Site: 1.5.5f new install
    Server OS: Linux 3.2.0-5-amd64 Server: Apache/2.2.22 (Debian)PHP Version: 5.6.33 (Zend: 2.6.0)PHP File Uploads: OnUpload Max Size: 2MPHP Memory Limit: 128MPOST Max Size: 8MDatabase: MySQL 5.6.39-1~dotdeb+7.1Database Database Data Size: 823 kBDatabase Index Size: 547 kBMySQL Slow Query Log Status: OnMySQL Slow Query Log File: /var/lib/mysql/vps-slow.logMySQL Mode: NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION

Mods installed: Dynamic Price Updater.

I will be updating my server soon to update both php and apache.

Original site is for our customers to order customized products. They need to log in to see the prices. I created a new site that allows them to order bulk quantities of some of the products and some products not on the other site.

For the new site I plan on setting the store to "must log in to browse" per my boss's request. Right now i don't have it set for ease of configuration.

Since we only want current customers to have access to this new site I changed the new sites database_tables.php to point to the old sites customer tables. It works, I can log into the new site with my test customer account. I made the new site database user have privileges for the old site database.

But the issue I have is when I attempt to log into the old site, I can't. It says that is doesn't know the email and/or password. I can reset it and get a new password. I can once again log in. So here are my steps to try an illustrate the issue.

1: Log into old site.
    2: Log into new site.
    3: Log out of old site.
    4: Re-log into old site <- this fails.
    5: Can still log into the new site.
    6: Request new password on old site
    7: Get reset password and log in.
    8: Log into old site.
    9: log into new site with reset password.
    10: can't log into old site.

I've cleared cookies and cache. I'm working in Chrome.

I would really like to so Single Sign-On where if they are signed into the old site and use a link to the new site, they would be automatically logged in here.

But I will settle for just using the same credentials for both sites.
    Last edited by tmpinsnty; 26 Mar 2018 at 05:05 PM. Reason: accidentally submitted before I was done.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customer password issue

The problem is that the ZC 1.5.1 code to address user passwords didn't/doesn't operate the same way as the ZC 1.5.5f code. Specifically, the encryption of the password(s). Additionally, login is a session based operation. The session on one site will typically be a different session on the other (unless somehow that session data is shared/transferred.)

This basically means, that you could have the two completely separate sites share the same user credentials if they both approach the credentials the same way. (ideally by having both sites operate in the same ZC version.)

Mind you that there are likely to be other issues experienced with the older site by running with php 5.6 as it was written before the existence of php 5.6. Perhaps those have already been addressed through significant editing.

Ideally, you could save yourself trouble by having all of the content in a single store with only the portions accessible to those that have the added access...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customer password issue

Thanks mc. I figured it would probably be something like that.

It's not feasible for me to just add the other stuff to this store and just hide them. Thanks though.