Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Changing Title Description and Keywords Tags

Hello,
    My client recently rearranged his sites not sure how he did that now when I want to change the Title tag of his website I did it from /public_html/includes/languages/english/meta_tags and the title of the Home page was successfully changed. However I am finding difficulty to change the description parts because editing the description or keywords parts in meta-tags doesnt change anything in the source code but I still can see lots of keywords stuffed in these description and keywords area. How can i locate the file where all these keywords are stuffed and edit them? Any suggestions?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Changing Title Description and Keywords Tags

Two come to mind as far as suggestions.

1) (not directly related to the solution sought) is to make a copy of your changes that were made in includes/languages/english/meta_tags.php and place them in the template override directory for the active template (and any other templates that may be installed if the owner wishes to switch to another). There are multiple reasons this is suggested with the one that comes to mind first is in handling upgrades of the software. Others relate to troubleshooting.

2. The meta tags in question are dynamically generated from the content of the page being loaded. This is "controlled" by includes/modules/YOUR_TEMPLATE/meta_tags.php. If that file does not exist in the sub-folder related to your active template then suggest copying it from includes/modules/meta_tags.php before making changes on how words are pulled into the applicable meta field(s).
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...