Plugin Contributions

Default Orders Not Showing after PHP upgrade

Database Patch Level: 1.5.5
    PHP Version: 5.3.29
    http://www.aircongas.co.uk

My client's site recently blanked screened after a php upgrade on the server. I managed to work around to get the site back up again, but since then if an order is placed my clients get a notification from WorldPay that a payment has been made but nothing from the website. The new customers details are stored in the admin but no transaction or order.

I appreciate that this is an old site, and we are in the process of looking to convert it, but if anyone would assist in the meantime I'd be very grateful.

Many thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Orders Not Showing after PHP upgrade

Umm... database patch level of 1.5.5 on a 1.3.8a site? Is that correct?

There have been significant changes in php and store code since 1.3.8a was written.

Aspects involved, template data (used to use $_GET style information that has been changed to $_POST), classes related to order processing, associated functions, etc.

See this old post about being able to temporarily operate a 1.3.8a store under php 5.3: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....t-for-v1-3-8-a

Process recommended for upgrading: http://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3-...d-of-upgrading
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Err, very correct, not it's not right, v1.5.5a, sorry was looking at original installation version!

I do appreciate that the site is very old and I did have to make some makedo mods for the site to just be visable again.

Thanks very much for the links. I'll take a look at both of those and see where I get to. You response is much appreciated thank-you.

Plugin Contributions

Well, if the site is 1.5.5a and not 1.3.8, then the first link provided will be of little to no value.

If operating under ZC 1.5.5a and php has been upgraded to 5.3, there should be little that would need changing as I can recall other than addressing the issues that were identified in the 1.5.5 known problems thread: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....24#post1306424

1.5.5 was designed to operate using as low as 5.2.17 (which sounds like was the case).

As to the "age" of the store assuming that the 1.5.5a files were fully put in place, is yes a little old, but no where near what is often seen.

Plugin Contributions

Many thanks again. I'll see if that assists but if not it could be back to the drawing board!

Plugin Contributions

May want to look into the actions of this thread: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...ing_From_Hacks

It is possible that something else is awry.

Now, that said, are you able to list the plugins/code changes that have been incorporated to this site? Perhaps there is something written with older code that is causing an issue?

What about logs in the logs directory? (if posting, be sure to obscure information such as the admin directory or anything sensitive).

What changes had to be made to recover from the previous white screen issue?

Plugin Contributions

Many thanks for that. I'd be surprised if it was something else as the site went down almost to the minute of the php changes but obviously not impossible.

I'll put some info together after I've done a bit of digging around!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by denise006 View Post
    Many thanks for that. I'd be surprised if it was something else as the site went down almost to the minute of the php changes but obviously not impossible.

I'll put some info together after I've done a bit of digging around!
    Well, the thought is that yes the site went down at the point of moving away from 5.2.x which itself was problematic and that while the site was operating with that version that perhaps something unsavory was introduced that then broke when php was upgraded. If nothing else the exercise helps to identify other causes of the issue. That said, have you tried using one of the default templates to see if the issue persists or another payment method? Such "extra" code could itself not support 5.3+ and be what is causing the issue.

Just some additional thoughts.

Plugin Contributions

That's a fair point actually, it could well have triggered something. I'll give the template change a go and try another payment method. I have PayPal loaded in there too but WorldPay is currently set to default so could easily jig that around.