Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stamps.com module for PHP 7.2+

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Are any PHP errors logged, either as /logs/myDebug-adm-xxxxx.log files, or generally in your server's error logs?
    There's nothing in /logs/ with that filename. I'd have to ask my web person to look in the server logs, as I have no idea what I would be looking for.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Are any PHP errors logged, either as /logs/myDebug-adm-xxxxx.log files, or generally in your server's error logs?
    Running ZC 1.5.7 and PHP 7.2

DrByte, I spent a lot of time with my web person this afternoon trying to figure this out. She couldn't find any PHP errors specific to stamps.php or stamps.com; however, we did discover this:

Friday, October 30 was the last day I imported orders to stamps.com using the stamps.com software.
    Saturday, October 31, I changed my password (it's set on a 90 day cycle).
    Monday, November 2, I was unable to import orders.
    Today, while speaking with her, I was shipping packages. Some of the shipments were orders that had been imported last week. I shipped against the imported record and the corresponding order in ZC was updated with the tracking information and the status of "Delivered".

So, we know that stamps.com is able to write back to ZC, but stamps.com is not successfully extracting new orders from ZC.

We saw the shipstation error thread and wondered if the same issue existed with the stamps.com error I'm experiencing, so we added the following lines to english.php:
    define('DATE_FORMAT_SHORT', '%m/%d/%Y'); // this is used for strftime()
    define('DATE_TIME_FORMAT', DATE_FORMAT_SHORT . ' %H:%M:%S');

There was no change in the performance.

We're still scratching our heads as to what changed on Saturday - so I did change my admin password, since we thought the ^ character might be giving ZC fits. No change. This next part is important, I think - because I put in an entirely fake password in the stamps.com data connection setup and it did not error out.

No errors are generating in the admin activity log or any other error log she can see. I'm using your updated stamps.php file and it's been working fine - up until Monday, November 2, when stamps.com stopped importing orders.

Any ideas?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I wouldn't have expected it to be able to go "either" direction if the issue is really password-related.

The fact that there are no error logs only indicates there are no PHP errors. Doesn't mean anything about logic errors/problems.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Before I reauthorized access to the ZC database in the stamps.com program, I again attempted to import orders. It still reported no new items (although I received several orders overnight). Then, I reauthorized access with the new "old" password, and waited an hour. It still gives the no new items message.
    Last edited by CraftCorner; 5 Nov 2020 at 05:25 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Huh. This morning, it started importing again, like magic. I have no idea, other than maybe stamps.com was having issues (no, really? Like normal!) and they fixed something. At any rate, it works now.

Plugin Contributions

I have seen this exact scenario multiple times with stamps. Not sure what the root cause is - maybe caching on their side?
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

As it turns out, I a client of mine just spoke with stamps and they acknowledged they had an issue on their side.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Any idea if they have rectified the problem?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234