Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: stamps.com no longer working with 1.5.3

OK so live and learn and read the post more thoroughly, I found the above was generating log errors and not very practical having to open a connection to the database just to utilize the newer MySQLi equivalent functions it was an experiment. I wound up changing the MySQL statements to $db->prepare_input as indicated above by Lat9 and this seems to be working much better and not generating any log errors.

My question now is does this still give you the same level of protection from things like SQL injection etc as the old mysql_escape_string() depreciated functions did?

attached is the fully modified and working test version using ($db->prepare_input) instead with zencart 1.5.5e and php 7.0
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

Default Upgraded from 1.5.1-Stamps.com 'batch" orders now not importing-ideas?

I recently upgraded my site from 1.5.1 to 1.5.5. The process involved building the new store on a new server. Everything seemed to be working perfectly, so went live and started accepting orders in the new store. When it came time to import the orders into my stamps.com software. (Using the latest software version on my machine here, not the web based stamps.com app) I keep getting the error of "no new orders".

My database specs-
    PHP Version 7.0.27-0+deb9u1

The error that is coming up in my log files-

Code:
     [06-Apr-2018 08:43:10 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_real_escape_string() in /usr/local/4admin/apache/vhosts/site.com/httpdocs/zen/admin/stamps.php:829
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/local/4admin/apache/vhosts/site.com/httpdocs/zen/admin/stamps.php(847): GetCountryID('United States')
    #1 /usr/local/4admin/apache/vhosts/site.com/httpdocs/zen/admin/stamps.php(493): GetStateCode('United States', 'Indiana')
    #2 /usr/local/4admin/apache/vhosts/site.com/httpdocs/zen/admin/stamps.php(385): WriteOrder(Object(queryFactoryResult))
    #3 /usr/local/4admin/apache/vhosts/site.com/httpdocs/zen/admin/stamps.php(176): Action_GetOrders()
    #4 {main}
      thrown in /usr/local/4admin/apache/vhosts/site.com/httpdocs/zen/admin/stamps.php on line 829
    I've been talking to stamps.com about the issue and at the moment its at their "level 2" support department and has been for about a week. I was hoping to see if anyone has had the same issue and might be able to offer some insight? Surely with the upgrades to 1.5.5/the new PHP version that uses "mysqli" statements someone has run into this?

I'm leaning towards the zencart plugin for stamps.com needing to be updated? (I'm using the one that's available from stamps.com)

But what's really strange is I have been manually printing the orders and updated my zencart admin to mark the orders as shipped. After doing a few orders, I tried importing them, and got about 15 to successfully import into stamps.com (yet not all of the orders that needed to be imported) However the post back by stamps.com to zencart to mark them as "shipped" and add the tracking number did not work.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgraded from 1.5.1-Stamps.com 'batch" orders now not importing-ideas?

Free or paid stamps.com account? If paid, you might consider shipstation which is owned by stamps.com no plugin to keep updated, since it is browser based interface and postage should transfer since it is purchased using stamps.com login.

The last time stamps.com referredmy issue to tier 2, received an answer 9.5 months later. 9 months after swiching to shipst########
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgraded from 1.5.1-Stamps.com 'batch" orders now not importing-ideas?

Thanks so much for the input, yikes on how long it took tier 2 to get back to you!

I have a paid stamps.com account, didn't know there were free ones. I've looked shipstation, it might be an option. Stamps.com has been working out really well for me, so I'd like to stick to it if possible.

Plugin Contributions

Actually that's not it.... Here are the changes

Around line 829 find
    Code:
    mysql_real_escape_string($country_name));
    change to
    Code:
    zen_db_input($country_name));
    Then around line 856 find
    Code:
    mysql_real_escape_string($country_id),
    mysql_real_escape_string($state_name));
    Change to
    Code:
    zen_db_input($country_id),
    zen_db_input($state_name));
    ~Melanie
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

Hello everyone,

After updating PHP to 7.1, I was also getting this same issue. Melanie's suggested edits fixed the issue of the orders importing into the Stamps.com software. Thanks so much for that! Stamps.com support was no help.

Now, although the orders import into stamps.com, it is no able to postback updates to zen-cart. Which means I still have to manually update the order. Any ideas?

Thanks for reviewing this. I really appreciate it guys.

Mike

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stamps.com module for PHP 7.2+

Someone mentioned an error on PHP 7, and I see that there's a fix needed for using PHP 7.2 or newer.
    Updated zip attached (taken from Stamps.com site download, applied the mysql_xxxx function fix and the while/each-to-foreach fix for PHP 7.2+).

Their original download, and install instructions are at: https://stamps.custhelp.com/app/answ...04/r_id/100233
    Attached Files Attached Files

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Does this still work? It seems like Stamps is trying to get people to upgrade to ShipStation now.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    Does this still work? It seems like Stamps is trying to get people to upgrade to ShipStation now.
    As of today....my orders no longer import, even with Dr. Byte's updated PHP file. I cannot go to ShipStation - they price on volume, and my volume is way too high, it would cost me thousands of dollars per year. Is there any other option that works with ZC, like PirateShip?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Are any PHP errors logged, either as /logs/myDebug-adm-xxxxx.log files, or generally in your server's error logs?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast