Plugin Contributions

Default Gift Certificates Purchase, but not add to Gift Certificate Account

Hi,

I am running ZC v.1.5.5.e and am having a bit of trouble with the Gift Certificates not adding the correct value to the purchaser's Gift Certificate Account.

When a customer purchases multiple gift certificates (i.e. a $5 and $20 on the same order) it adds them to the cart correctly, charges them the correct amount upon checkout, but only adds the amount of the first gift certificate purchased on that order. As in my example, the customer is charged $25 for the gc's but when going to their Gift Certificate Account, they only have $5 in their balance.

I am not sure what I have missed.....I have read the Setting Up Gift Certificates FAQ and confirmed that all settings are correct (including model name being GIFT-XXXX), each gift certificate has it's own product ID and set the attributes on each product even including a download zip to give them detailed written instructions on them.

I have made test purchases to confirm this error, and have obviously done something wrong here for these not to add both gift certificate amounts to the purchaser's GC Account. If someone could point me in the right direction of things to check, or what to change to fix this, I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Jeff

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Gift Certificates Purchase, but not add to Gift Certificate Account

See this (https://github.com/zencart/zencart/issues/1457) issue, recorded on the Zen Cart GitHub repository for correction details. Note, too, that the issue has been resolved for Zen Cart 1.5.5f and later.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Gift Certificates Purchase, but not add to Gift Certificate Account

Hi lat9,

Thank you for your quick response to my question! I appreciate your help and link, and I will apply this code to my cart as shown in the link to GitHub that you have kindly provided.

Thanks once again,

Jeff