Page 60 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ZCA Bootstrap Template

I have been using Bootstrap since it was only a bootlace but I use clone template (now V1.2.1) to make a copy and alter only my template version.

I also use separate stylesheets to over ride the original styles to avoid editing the originals eg I have a style sheet named "stylesheet_zcbmh_overides.css" which is loaded after the main "stylesheet.css" to improve on the bootstrap styles that annoy me or to improve the user interface.

I also have style sheets for many of the add-ons I use eg ceon back in stock; securepay; ozpost etc. I also have a style sheet named "stylesheet_xbanner.css" that colours the background on #logowrapper so each of my sites has a different colour and I can look at a screen and immediately determine which environment I am looking at eg vanilla is yellow; test is lime; build is purple; production is red.

Bootstrap 4 v3.2.0 and zc157c work with the followings add-ons: clone template 1.2.1; payment module fee 1-1-0; Direct bank Deposit V1.5.3 (AUS revised); securepayxml (modified for 157c); mod list 1.4.1; ozpost v4.2.7 (modified for 157c); numinix product fields 3.1.2; save your sideboxes layout as the default 151 (mod for 157c); ceon_back_in_stock_notifications V12; export_shipping_information_V1.4; edit_orders-4.6.0; printable price list 3.0.0; missing image checker 2.0 (modified for 157c); sales report 3.4.0; email archive manager 1.9; aupost 2.3;
    I hope this helps.

Environment - Production: Zen Cart 157c; Apache 2.4.41; PHP 7.4.3; MySQL 8.0.27; Ubuntu 5.4.0

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by nicksab View Post
    hello,

I was pointing in the direction of using this template as opposed of a responsive classic clone.

However, is there a list of ZC plugins that do or do not work with bootstrap? (i.e zx slideshow, flex slider footer...)

I have seen an implementation for one page checkout. Is there any other implementations?

Thank you
    every plugin that i have completed works with the bootstrap template:

https://www.zen-cart.com/member.php?17577-carlwhat

with regards to various slider plugins, all of these are based on various slider libraries. in my experience, these slider libraries come and go. and you need to pick a slider that is based on a library that is currently supported. for example, i have a copy of v2.1 of ZX Slideshow. it is based on the nivo slider library. that library is no longer maintained, and as such, i could not recommend using v2.1 of that plugin. https://github.com/Codeinwp/Nivo-Slider-jQuery

the bootstrap template is actively maintained. if you want a slider to use with this template, i would find one that is actively maintained as well.

best.
    WCAG is here.
    cake is nice...(venmo) called the savior by the chief bottle washer...
    mxWorks on paypal

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by OldNGrey View Post
    I also use separate stylesheets to over ride the original styles to avoid editing the originals eg I have a style sheet named "stylesheet_zcbmh_overides.css" which is loaded after the main "stylesheet.css" to improve on the bootstrap styles that annoy me or to improve the user interface.
    You never stop learning. I know I don't. While your theory worked with responsive_classic or other templates, it will need to be different with bootstrap.

See https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....39#post1386139 and follow it to github for more clarificcation.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by carlwhat View Post
    every plugin that i have completed works with the bootstrap template:

https://www.zen-cart.com/member.php?17577-carlwhat

with regards to various slider plugins, all of these are based on various slider libraries. in my experience, these slider libraries come and go. and you need to pick a slider that is based on a library that is currently supported. for example, i have a copy of v2.1 of ZX Slideshow. it is based on the nivo slider library. that library is no longer maintained, and as such, i could not recommend using v2.1 of that plugin. https://github.com/Codeinwp/Nivo-Slider-jQuery

the bootstrap template is actively maintained. if you want a slider to use with this template, i would find one that is actively maintained as well.

best.
    Thank you very much for sharing the link. I really appreciate it.

ZX slideshow is the one i am using right now on my site with a clone of responsive classic. I did and still have some issue with it like jquery conflict...

Any similar slideshow you would recommend using with bootstrap template?

Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by nicksab View Post
    Thank you very much for sharing the link. I really appreciate it.

ZX slideshow is the one i am using right now on my site with a clone of responsive classic. I did and still have some issue with it like jquery conflict...

Any similar slideshow you would recommend using with bootstrap template?

Thank you
    just to be clear, having a jquery conflict has nothing to do with the issue i'm bringing up. in general, jquery conflicts are due to merging elements between your template and your plugins.

a number of these sliders are based on outdated versions of jquery, which also has its problems.

unfortunately i do not have one to recommend. perhaps @balihr might, as he (in my mind) is a front end king. @swguy might know a good one, as he knows the plugins far better than i.

i tried playing around for a while with tiny-slider (http://ganlanyuan.github.io/tiny-slider/demo/), but alas my front end foo is not strong; or other projects took precedence. so i never really had a working go of it on a zc site.

best.
    WCAG is here.
    cake is nice...(venmo) called the savior by the chief bottle washer...
    mxWorks on paypal

Plugin Contributions

I've got a (beta) Bootstrap 4 slider for the home-page (https://github.com/lat9/bs4_home_slider). It makes use of the banner-manager to schedule the sliders.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    I've got a (beta) Bootstrap 4 slider for the home-page (https://github.com/lat9/bs4_home_slider). It makes use of the banner-manager to schedule the sliders.

Looking forward to trying it out...
    NTO: building a better network thru collaboration
    www.needtoorder.com | www.coffeewitheinstein.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Carbonless View Post
    Feedback welcomed in this support-thread.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Carbonless View Post
    worked like a charm... easy configuration. Thanks for the add-on.
    NTO: building a better network thru collaboration
    www.needtoorder.com | www.coffeewitheinstein.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Thanks for sharing the link lat9. Looking forward to try it out as well

Page 60 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast