Page 4 of 123 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: improvements suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by shags38 View Post
    I just downloaded your template and loaded it to a poor performing site I use as a 'test' site ... and I am loving it!! ... good work, well done .... so after mastering it I am going to apply it to all of my sites which happen to be v1.5.1 so they will be a good validation of the templates application to that version.
    I am glad you are loving it. You really should upgrade to 1.5.5f for this template hasn't been tested on any other versions.

1. I am getting the 'Congratulations yada yada' message on the home page, that content is not showing in admin>>tools>>define pages editor>>main page so how can I get rid of it?
    This template uses the same file structure as any other (except centerboxes). The below file contains the define for the home page meassage.

copy:
    /includes/languages/english/index.php

to:
    /includes/languages/english/bootstrap/index.php

2. Similarly with the Zencart art of e-commerce image in the header - how do I get rid of that and insert my logo? I tried adding the logo image file to templates>>bootstrap>>images (that is where it would be in the other template) ... ALSO I need to be able to get rid of 'tagline goes here' and the space it takes up so that a large image can go all the way across the header width.
    The below file contains the define for the home page logo and tagline.

copy:
    /includes/languages/english/header.php

to:
    /includes/languages/english/bootstrap/header.php

With this template once the tagline goes here define is rendered empty the logo div will expand 100% of the screen.
    Website - Github. Like the ZCA Bootstrap 4 Template? Donations Welcome. Bootstrap Plugins?

Plugin Contributions

Hi Rbarbour, can you advise how to extend the header and footer the full width of the page, similar to this https://www.nhl.com/rangers. At the minute there appears to margin or padding somewhere that is preventing it from extending the full width. Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

your response to lankyankee
    I have Flexible Footer Menu Multilingual installed on a test template and NO, there is no conflicts with the BS framework (even with the class "col"), However an additional div should be placed in the tpl_footer.php file to clear the floats.
    Code: <div class="clearfix"></div>
    I have installed this Flexible Footer Menu Multilingual plugin and get the admin/tools/install page with the 3 options and when I select new install I get these errors at the top of the page;
    Error Flexible Footer Menu Table already exists, either Repair or Uninstall.
    Error Flexible Footer Menu Table already exists, either Repair or Uninstall.
    Error Flexible Footer Menu Configuration Group already exists, either Upgrade or Uninstall and then click the New Installation button.

selecting Repair I get taken to another page that gives me 2 options - New Installation or Uninstall - the footer on the page does not change from original prior to installing plugin.

I am obviously missing something - How can I get that footer to show in this template? are there files I should be copying from the RAB template into this one that will render the footer as it should be?
    cheers, Mike

Attachment 17937

the Flexible Footer Menu is installed standard in the responsive_all_business template I have been using and looks like the image below
    Attachment 17938

Plugin Contributions

additional info to above - in phpMyAdmin a configuration_group is established but there are no entries in configuration - there should be, right?

Plugin Contributions

I now cannot get the site to load - I installed Westminster New Responsive and when trying to change from ZCA Bootstrap template to the newly installed WNR template I lost my admin (warning error occurred please rfresh page and try again_ - so I reinstalled the backup copy I had for the site (public html and database) and retrieved admin. I deleted any remaining additional WNR files and reinstated ZCA Bootstrap as default template ... but index page will not load - I then reverted to Responsive All Business template and the same thing occurred.

This is the myDEBUG error log which is exactly the same regardless of which of the two templates were selected;

Code:
    [22-Jun-2018 07:53:32 UTC] PHP Warning:  require(includes/init_includes/init_zca_layout.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/rings1/public_html/includes/autoload_func.php on line 48
    [22-Jun-2018 07:53:32 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  require(): Failed opening required 'includes/init_includes/init_zca_layout.php' (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php56/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php56/usr/share/php') in /home/rings1/public_html/includes/autoload_func.php on line 48
    I for the life of me cannot find the file mentioned 'includes/init_includes/init_zca_layout.php' - not in my installation and not in the downloaded template files.

below is the includes/autoload_func.php file - didn't want to mess with it. The reason I was installing the WNR template was to try it as the big issue I am having with the RAB template is that it is failing the Mobile Friendly tests on a number of my sites - need to get that sorted pronto.
    When I can get ZCA BS 4 working with certain plugins then all sites will use it - in the meantime mobile is not performing and it is costing me business.

Code:
    <?php
    /**
     * File contains the autoloader loop
     * The autoloader loop takes the array from the auto_loaders directory
     * and uses this this to constuct the InitSysytem. 
     * see {@link http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.php/Developers_API_Tutorials#InitSystem} for more details.
     * @package initSystem
     * @copyright Copyright 2003-2009 Zen Cart Development Team
     * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003 osCommerce
     * @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License V2.0
     * @version $Id: autoload_func.php 14141 2009-08-10 19:34:47Z wilt $
     */
    if (!defined('IS_ADMIN_FLAG')) {
      die('Illegal Access');
    }
    reset($autoLoadConfig);
    ksort($autoLoadConfig);
    foreach ($autoLoadConfig as $actionPoint => $row) {
      $debugOutput = "";
      foreach($row as $entry) {
        $debugOutput = 'actionPoint=>'.$actionPoint . ' ';
    //    $entry['loadFile'] = str_replace(array(':', '\\\\'), '', $entry['loadFile']);
        switch($entry['autoType']) {
          case 'include':
          /**
           * include a file as specified by autoloader array
           */
          if (file_exists($entry['loadFile'])) include($entry['loadFile']); else $debugOutput .= 'FAILED: ';
          $debugOutput .= 'include(\'' . $entry['loadFile'] . '\');' . '<br />';
          break;
          case 'require':
          /**
           * require a file as specified by autoloader array
           */
          if (file_exists($entry['loadFile'])) require($entry['loadFile']); else $debugOutput .= 'FAILED: ';
          $debugOutput .= 'require(\'' . $entry['loadFile'] . '\');' . '<br />';
          break;
          case 'init_script':
          $baseDir = DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'init_includes/';
          if (file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'init_includes/overrides/' . $entry['loadFile'])) {
            $baseDir = DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'init_includes/overrides/';
          }
          /**
           * include an init_script as specified by autoloader array
           */
          require($baseDir . $entry['loadFile']);
          $debugOutput .= 'require(\'' . $baseDir . $entry['loadFile'] . '\');' . '<br />';
          break;
          case 'class':
          if (isset($entry['classPath'])) {
            $classPath = $entry['classPath'];
          } else {
            $classPath = DIR_FS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_CLASSES;
          }
          /**
           * include a class definition as specified by autoloader array
           */
          if (file_exists($classPath . $entry['loadFile'])) include($classPath . $entry['loadFile']); else $debugOutput .= 'FAILED: ';
          $debugOutput .= 'include(\'' . $classPath . $entry['loadFile'] . '\');' . '<br />';
          break;
          case 'classInstantiate':
          $objectName = $entry['objectName'];
          $className = $entry['className'];
          if (isset($entry['classSession']) && $entry['classSession'] === true) {
            if (isset($entry['checkInstantiated']) && $entry['checkInstantiated'] === true) {
              if (!isset($_SESSION[$objectName])) {
                $_SESSION[$objectName] = new $className();
                $debugOutput .= 'if (!$_SESSION[' . $objectName . ']) { ';
                $debugOutput .= '$_SESSION[' . $objectName . '] = new ' . $className . '();';
                $debugOutput .= ' }<br />';
              }
            } else {
              $_SESSION[$objectName] = new $className();
              $debugOutput .= '  $_SESSION[' . $objectName . '] = new ' . $className . '();<br />';
            }
          } else {
            $$objectName = new $className();
            $debugOutput .= '$' . $objectName . ' = new ' . $className . '();<br />';
          }
          break;
          case 'objectMethod':
          $objectName = $entry['objectName'];
          $methodName = $entry['methodName'];
          if (is_object($_SESSION[$objectName])) {
            $_SESSION[$objectName]->$methodName();
            $debugOutput .= '$_SESSION[' . $objectName . ']->' . $methodName . '();<br />';
          } else {
            $$objectName->$methodName();
            $debugOutput .= '$' . $objectName . '->' . $methodName . '();<br />';
          }
          break;
        }
        if (DEBUG_AUTOLOAD === true) echo $debugOutput;
      }
    }

Plugin Contributions

That file (includes/init_includes/init_zca_layout.php) is part of the Zen Cart 1.5.5+ distribution.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    That file (includes/init_includes/init_zca_layout.php) is part of the Zen Cart 1.5.5+ distribution.
    Many thanks Cindy, I appreciate your help - installing that file did the trick.
    cheers,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

@rbarbour - I uninstalled and reinstalled the Flexible Footer Menu Multilingual and it now resolves but I am not seeing where I can adjust the layout? (column configuration) - I was expecting to see an admin >> configuration >> Flexible Footer Menu but there isn't one ... or should I be looking for a file to modify? in phpMyAdmin a configuration group exists but in configuration there are no entries which tends towards a file needs to be adjusted, right?

Getting there :)

cheers,
    Mike

Attachment 17946

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by johndoes View Post
    Hi Rbarbour, can you advise how to extend the header and footer the full width of the page, similar to this https://www.nhl.com/rangers. At the minute there appears to margin or padding somewhere that is preventing it from extending the full width. Thank you.
    @johndoes

This isn't an easy thing due to using the standard BS CSS which adds a 30px gutter. You can see how this effects the layout here. https://getbootstrap.com/docs/4.0/la.../#how-it-works

You have 2 options:

1) Add the following class "red" to line 97 in /includes/templates/bootstrap-mystore/common/tpl_main_page.php
    <div class="container-fluid m-0 p-0" id="mainWrapper">

then add the following class "red" to line 124
    <div class="row m-3">

2) You can customize the BS CSS removing the gutters and adding your own paddings in /includes/templates/bootstrap-mystore/css/stylesheet.css
    https://getbootstrap.com/docs/3.3/cu...e/#grid-system
    Website - Github. Like the ZCA Bootstrap 4 Template? Donations Welcome. Bootstrap Plugins?

Plugin Contributions

@rbarbour - I uninstalled and reinstalled the Flexible Footer Menu Multilingual and it now resolves but I am not seeing where I can adjust the layout? (column configuration) - I was expecting to see an admin >> configuration >> Flexible Footer Menu but there isn't one ... or should I be looking for a file to modify? in phpMyAdmin a configuration group exists but in configuration there are no entries which tends towards a file needs to be adjusted, right?

Getting there :)

cheers,
    Mike

Attachment 17946
    Mike,

If installed correctly, you should see ADMIN > CONFIGURATION > ZCA Flexible Footer Menu Multilingual Configuration

This is where columns get assigned to rows, then in

ADMIN > TOOLS > Flexible Footer Menu Multilingual

This is where you add the content for each columns

I personally don't use this anymore and am not sure what if any changes have been made. But this should be moved to the proper support thread.

Page 4 of 123 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast