Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 73
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    2,096
    Plugin Contributions
    16

    Default Re: ZCA Bootstrap 4 Template [Support Thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by windyborough View Post
    1. Log in. I would like to move the log in to the right side of the page. Next to search box, or find it for me box.
    In: /includes/templates/bootstrap/common/tpl_header.php
    around line 54 find:
    Code:
    <ul class="navbar-nav mr-auto">
    change to:
    Code:
    <ul class="navbar-nav ml-auto">
    Quote Originally Posted by windyborough View Post
    2. The top menu is same as side menu. I found the setting and it can be disabled/enabled. I'm thinking of editing it but then it means when enabled it will mirror the side menu which is number 4 in the pic.

    What I'm trying to achieve is to have a different menu which stretches to the whole width of the page and in that I can add, drop down sub menus as per need. Question is how do I do it? Can it be done by using css menu and adding it to stylesheet?
    The top tabs are admin controlled (ADMIN>CONFIGURATION>LAYOUT SETTINGS>Categories-Tabs Menu ON/OFF). You can add different plugins to achieve what you want.

    Bootstrap Examples
    https://getbootstrap.com/docs/4.1/components/navbar/

    You can easily change those using the category tab dropdown or the CSS mega menu plugins. Like I did here
    http://zcadditions.com/bootstrap_elux_demo/

    Quote Originally Posted by windyborough View Post
    3. That menu needs to go. Simply put. How can I do that?
    That is an ezpage menu and is admin controlled (ADMIN>CONFIGURATION>EZ-PAGES SETTINGS>EZ-Pages Display Status - HeaderBar)

    Quote Originally Posted by windyborough View Post
    4. Side menu is fixed. How to change its width? I saw the option in setting but it says the changes made will not take effect for zca theme. So, how can I go about and change it? Or possibly change it top menu suggestion of making it in css (by coping and pasting from some stylesheet which has some good looking menus) is it possible?
    The widths of the side columns are admin controlled (ADMIN>CONFIGURATION>LAYOUT SETTINGS>Responsive Left Column Width), (ADMIN>CONFIGURATION>LAYOUT SETTINGS>Responsive Center Column Width), (ADMIN>CONFIGURATION>LAYOUT SETTINGS>Responsive Right Column Width)

    Quote Originally Posted by windyborough View Post
    Any beginner level help would be appreciated. The reason I ditched the idea of third party theme is that no support. So here's to hoping that I'll be able to achieve some results using this theme. Where it says welcome to mobile direct, above it I would like a decent slider for products. Any suggestion to which works better with this build of zen cart version.
    This template has options to turn any banner display into a banner carousel which can also be found under ADMIN>CONFIGURATION>LAYOUT SETTINGS

    I personally like slick (http://kenwheeler.github.io/slick/) for a product carousel, you can also see that implemented here: http://zcadditions.com/bootstrap_elux_demo/
    Website - Github. Like the ZCA Bootstrap 4 Template? Donations Welcome..

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: ZCA Bootstrap 4 Template [Support Thread]

    @rbarour many thanks for the detailed reply. Appologies for the late reply, I will do as you pointed out and get back if run into any issues. One quick question, I think somewhere in this thread you mentioned that you will update the template over the weekend. Shall I wait till you update the template or do it now and do again once the updated template is available to download.

    Just wondering if the update will iron out issues which I might come across later on, so best to wait a day and then download the updated template and do everything on it? Also appreciate that you also provided some links.

    I appreciate your reply and help, and I assure you, you will see a lot of posts/replies from me lol the site got a long way to go.

    Cheers

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    2,096
    Plugin Contributions
    16

    Default Re: ZCA Bootstrap 4 Template [Support Thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by windyborough View Post
    @rbarour many thanks for the detailed reply. Appologies for the late reply, I will do as you pointed out and get back if run into any issues. One quick question, I think somewhere in this thread you mentioned that you will update the template over the weekend. Shall I wait till you update the template or do it now and do again once the updated template is available to download.

    Just wondering if the update will iron out issues which I might come across later on, so best to wait a day and then download the updated template and do everything on it? Also appreciate that you also provided some links.

    I appreciate your reply and help, and I assure you, you will see a lot of posts/replies from me lol the site got a long way to go.

    Cheers
    The current version is 1.06 and is available in the download section.

    I won't be releasing another version till beginning of October but as of right now none of the changes will affect the catalog side.
    Website - Github. Like the ZCA Bootstrap 4 Template? Donations Welcome..

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: ZCA Bootstrap 4 Template [Support Thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by rbarbour View Post
    The current version is 1.06 and is available in the download section.

    I won't be releasing another version till beginning of October but as of right now none of the changes will affect the catalog side.
    I downloaded the latest version and using it. Since I last posted, I have had multiple issues (not template related) and since then been starting new projects to test and iron out the things. Right now stuck at two things, first is css mega menu. I managed to incorporate it by following the included instructions and I have to get another one to use. Plus it does not show up in configurations settings in admin panel and by the looks of it the the author who made it is not active perhaps. It's thread is really old, 2012. Need to get another mega menu.

    I have taken your advice and downloaded slick. Slick is very slick lol. I love it haven't messed about it yet because its half one in the morning and I know I'll just mess it up if I even tried to "uderstand" it.

    My question is, can you point me to the write direction for how to incorporate slick in your theme? Youtube? Slick looks advance and nice and to add it must need advance knowledge, I'm guessing, which I'm lacking. If you can point me to the direction then I'll try to figure it out that which files needs to be edited and copied from and to and all that.

    I have found a ZX slider and it looks recent. But slick looks.. slick! It has many options and settings and it can/will make a bland site very lovely.

    Any mega menu idea? I have found a cracking looking menu here same thing, don't know which file the html code will go into in the template and in which css will. I downloaded it and not sure how to add it to the theme.

    Any help with the slick would be highly appreciated. Many thanks in advance. Cheers

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    7
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: ZCA Bootstrap 4 Template [Support Thread]

    Great template! It's so fast!

    How do I go about adding/removing items from that bootstrap toggle menu?

    Thank you

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    2,096
    Plugin Contributions
    16

    Default Re: ZCA Bootstrap 4 Template [Support Thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by dellchase View Post
    Great template! It's so fast!

    How do I go about adding/removing items from that bootstrap toggle menu?

    Thank you
    The toggle menu is controlled via the admin,

    You can remove the specials, all products and new product links from the categories
    Configuration > Layout Settings > Categories Box - Show Specials Link
    Configuration > Layout Settings > Categories Box - Show Products New Link
    Configuration > Layout Settings > Categories Box - Show Featured Products Link
    Configuration > Layout Settings > Categories Box - Show Products All Link

    The other links in this toggle menu are taken from the information and more information sideboxes,
    Configuration > Define Page Status >
    Configuration > E-Mail Options > Display "Newsletter Unsubscribe" Link?

    Also some are controlled by your ezpage settings
    Sidebox Sort order is used when pages are listed in vertical links; Sort order should be greater than zero to enable it in vertical listing.
    Website - Github. Like the ZCA Bootstrap 4 Template? Donations Welcome..

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    7
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: ZCA Bootstrap 4 Template [Support Thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by rbarbour View Post
    The toggle menu is controlled via the admin,

    You can remove the specials, all products and new product links from the categories
    Configuration > Layout Settings > Categories Box - Show Specials Link
    Configuration > Layout Settings > Categories Box - Show Products New Link
    Configuration > Layout Settings > Categories Box - Show Featured Products Link
    Configuration > Layout Settings > Categories Box - Show Products All Link

    The other links in this toggle menu are taken from the information and more information sideboxes,
    Configuration > Define Page Status >
    Configuration > E-Mail Options > Display "Newsletter Unsubscribe" Link?

    Also some are controlled by your ezpage settings
    Sidebox Sort order is used when pages are listed in vertical links; Sort order should be greater than zero to enable it in vertical listing.
    Thank you very much! Worked perfectly! But I was unable to remove the Important Links one. So I just removed the ez-pages code from tpl_offcanvas_menu.php which is fine because I don't want any ez-pages on that menu anyway.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    7
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: ZCA Bootstrap 4 Template [Support Thread]

    Hello,

    After making my tweaks and taking the site live I've ran into a couple issues.

    Using Internet Explorer the Continue Shopping and Checkout buttons don't work on the Your Shopping Cart Contents page. They do work on FireFox and Chrome.

    Also ran into one other issue. At checkout the page goes white on the payment page. I viewed the source and its blank. This is the error found in the logs:
    [28-Oct-2018 00:25:01 MST] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method queryFactory::ExecuteNoCache() in /home/ffs/public_html/includes/modules/order_total/ot_gv.php on line 377

    Modules -> Order Total -> Disabled Gift Certificates for the time being and that fixed it.

    Thanks

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    2,096
    Plugin Contributions
    16

    Default Re: ZCA Bootstrap 4 Template [Support Thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by dellchase View Post
    Thank you very much! Worked perfectly! But I was unable to remove the Important Links one. So I just removed the ez-pages code from tpl_offcanvas_menu.php which is fine because I don't want any ez-pages on that menu anyway.
    If you don't use EZ Pages just disable the side box. It will automatically remove the links from the drop-down
    Website - Github. Like the ZCA Bootstrap 4 Template? Donations Welcome..

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    2,096
    Plugin Contributions
    16

    Default Re: ZCA Bootstrap 4 Template [Support Thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by dellchase View Post
    Hello,

    After making my tweaks and taking the site live I've ran into a couple issues.

    Using Internet Explorer the Continue Shopping and Checkout buttons don't work on the Your Shopping Cart Contents page. They do work on FireFox and Chrome.

    Also ran into one other issue. At checkout the page goes white on the payment page. I viewed the source and its blank. This is the error found in the logs:
    [28-Oct-2018 00:25:01 MST] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method queryFactory::ExecuteNoCache() in /home/ffs/public_html/includes/modules/order_total/ot_gv.php on line 377

    Modules -> Order Total -> Disabled Gift Certificates for the time being and that fixed it.

    Thanks
    I can't replicate the issue what other order total modules do you have installed
    Website - Github. Like the ZCA Bootstrap 4 Template? Donations Welcome..

 

 
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. v155 ZCA Bootstrap Template (BETA)
    By rbarbour in forum Addon Templates
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 25 Apr 2018, 07:05 PM
  2. v155 Clone a Template [Support Thread]
    By lat9 in forum All Other Contributions/Addons
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 29 Nov 2017, 02:12 AM
  3. v150 aBagon Template Support Thread
    By VJef in forum Addon Templates
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 18 Jan 2016, 11:04 AM
  4. TB Sempre Template Support Thread
    By brandonturpin in forum Addon Templates
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 19 Mar 2015, 06:33 PM
  5. Wallet Template - Support Thread
    By zami in forum Addon Templates
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 25 Mar 2010, 10:15 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
disjunctive-egg
Zen-Cart, Internet Selling Services, Klamath Falls, OR