Page 52 of 123 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ZCA Bootstrap 4 Template [Support Thread]

Hello all. Just upgrading an older site (1.5.6c). On apache with php7.4. So I started with fresh subdomain and DB copy from live site (same server cpanel copy over). Uploaded fresh zip, extracted into public then ran the ZC1.5.7c installer and upgraded database. Everything works great with responsive classic template. Installed the most recent boot strap and now the product listings are breaking out of their boxes. Like there's a missing clearBoth somewhere. Before I start digging around. Is there a known issue?

Thank you,
    John

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bumba000 View Post
    Hello all. Just upgrading an older site (1.5.6c). On apache with php7.4. So I started with fresh subdomain and DB copy from live site (same server cpanel copy over). Uploaded fresh zip, extracted into public then ran the ZC1.5.7c installer and upgraded database. Everything works great with responsive classic template. Installed the most recent boot strap and now the product listings are breaking out of their boxes. Like there's a missing clearBoth somewhere. Before I start digging around. Is there a known issue?

Thank you,
    John
    I'm not aware of any issues, but make sure to check your Layout Settings. Are you trying to display product-listings in row- or column-mode?

Plugin Contributions

Hey Lat. I've been working with admin settings trying to fix this but to no avail. Any settings remaining in the DB would from the tableau template so that shouldn't bother anything. Aside from that template I really had nothing special going on. Just three columns per row. Super standard stuff.

Thank you,
    John

Plugin Contributions

Hate to mention the posting tips but, how's about a link? Use DOT vs . if you need to.

Plugin Contributions

so i figure it's gotta be something i did. i wiped it out and started over. working on getting everyting moved in before i get the boot strap put on. i'll post back.

thanks again!

Plugin Contributions

Hey Lat. I've been working with admin settings trying to fix this but to no avail. Any settings remaining in the DB would from the tableau template so that shouldn't bother anything. Aside from that template I really had nothing special going on. Just three columns per row. Super standard stuff.

Thank you,
    John
    My bad (too many configuration groups). Try changing Product Listing :: Columns per row to 0.

Plugin Contributions

Hey lat9, I was just about to post back when i saw your response. Thank you! I had just changed that from 1 which was fine ... to 3 which broke it again. I tried everything with left and right columns and everything else that made any sense. Zero there is perfect. I guess (without digging) you're taking advantage of flex ( annnnd yes i've looked now ). sweet. I've wanted something like that since 1.3.8a. Love it. Thank you sir!

Best,
    John

Plugin Contributions

Hey lat9, I was just about to post back when i saw your response. Thank you! I had just changed that from 1 which was fine ... to 3 which broke it again. I tried everything with left and right columns and everything else that made any sense. Zero there is perfect. I guess (without digging) you're taking advantage of flex ( annnnd yes i've looked now ). sweet. I've wanted something like that since 1.3.8a. Love it. Thank you sir!

Best,
    John
    No problem, happy to help (but I'm not a 'sir').

Plugin Contributions

ha ha sorry about that. I've seen you and i imagine spoken with you here for years now. I've always assumed you were a dude. My apologies. And I thank you just the same.

So since you had me change that 3 to a 0 it was good. I've changed nothing. Just poking around the front end with inspector. All products in listing were fluid as they would increase in numbers and size per row as the browser expanded and the reverse as it shrunk. Now there are 4 per row. There are no css buttons and the number per row doesn't change with browser width.

Plugin Contributions

Just found a bootstrap sql patch in the logs. applied and resolved. what the heck?! lol