Page 42 of 125 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ZCA Bootstrap 4 Template [Support Thread]

I recently upgraded from 1.5.5f with Classic Responsive clone to 1.5.7c with ZCA Bootstrap clone. During the transition, I had the cart in maintenance mode. In the 1.5.7c cart, I was expecting to see a header alert announcing the maintenance mode but it wasn't there. I looked at the page source and found it there. Then it occurred to me that it was probably hidden behind the navigation bar.

This was confirmed when I moved the header alert code down the file to between the navigation display and the branding display, and the header alert showed up on screen. Other header alerts are now visible, such as when products are successfully added to the cart.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dennisns7d View Post
    I recently upgraded from 1.5.5f with Classic Responsive clone to 1.5.7c with ZCA Bootstrap clone. During the transition, I had the cart in maintenance mode. In the 1.5.7c cart, I was expecting to see a header alert announcing the maintenance mode but it wasn't there. I looked at the page source and found it there. Then it occurred to me that it was probably hidden behind the navigation bar.

This was confirmed when I moved the header alert code down the file to between the navigation display and the branding display, and the header alert showed up on screen. Other header alerts are now visible, such as when products are successfully added to the cart.
    Confirmed bug; changes tracked via this (https://github.com/lat9/ZCA-Bootstra...late/issues/52) GitHub issue.

Plugin Contributions

I enabled products per row to (3). This was install on a fresh test site with the latest version of zencart and bootstrap. all products are bunched up narrow.

Test site : https://www.surplusremotes.com/index...dex&cPath=3_10

What am i missing here ? Why is it doing this.

Name:  2XTFZWV.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  31.5 KB
    Last edited by jasonshanks; 5 May 2021 at 05:56 PM. Reason: quotes didn't show up.
    Zencart 1.5.6c PHP 7.2 Order Replacement AC Adapters and Power Cords Online www.missingcord.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jasonshanks View Post
    I enabled products per row to (3). This was install on a fresh test site with the latest version of zencart and bootstrap. all products are bunched up narrow.

Test site : https://www.surplusremotes.com/index...dex&cPath=3_10

What am i missing here ? Why is it doing this.

Name:  2XTFZWV.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  31.5 KB
    From this post, set the products/row to 0 to enable the template's responsive mode.

Plugin Contributions

thanks again !
    Zencart 1.5.6c PHP 7.2 Order Replacement AC Adapters and Power Cords Online www.missingcord.com

Plugin Contributions

How does one insert the search bar into the header? With it a sidebox it disappears under a certain size and really it needs to not be a sidebox?

Also how does one make the mobile menu expanded always?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyV View Post
    How does one insert the search bar into the header? With it a sidebox it disappears under a certain size and really it needs to not be a sidebox?

Also how does one make the mobile menu expanded always?
    The search-in-header requires that the sideboxes/search_header.php be enabled in single-column mode.

For the 'always display', try Googling Bootstrap 4 mobile menu always display ... that's the beauty of a template that's built on a standard!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the quick reply that yielded zero so I had to learn the structure real quick

If you want expanded categories on this template do this

<li class="nav-item dropdown d-lg-none">
    <a class="nav-link dropdown-toggle" href="#" id="categoryDropdown" role="button" data-toggle="dropdown" aria-haspopup="true" aria-expanded="false">
    <?php echo BOX_HEADING_CATEGORIES; ?>
    </a>
    <div class="collapse.show" aria-labelledby="categoryDropdown">
    <ul class="m-0 p-0">

You will need to alter some colors specific to my need it was Header Nav Bar Color as everything is black in that area.

It's not optimal but in the 5 minutes I had to dedicate to solving this problem it works.

The search bar was a brain freeze I kept seeing search.php in that file and simply wasn't registering the header version being the operative thing. Stupid mistake thanks for solving that issue.

Nice template seems to have hardly any issues I tried it a while back love the look but gave up on it. Glad to see it's so nicely developed now. Great work to all involved,

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    The search-in-header requires that the sideboxes/search_header.php be enabled in single-column mode.

For the 'always display', try Googling Bootstrap 4 mobile menu always display ... that's the beauty of a template that's built on a standard!
    I have a similar question. Is there a way to make the search header only show in the header ? I tried in layout box controller but it shows it in both the header and side box at the same time.

https://www.surplusremotes.com/

This is with single column status set to OFF for search_header.php in layout box controller. Did i miss something or am in the wrong place ? I just want to appear in the header.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jasonshanks View Post
    I have a similar question. Is there a way to make the search header only show in the header ? I tried in layout box controller but it shows it in both the header and side box at the same time.

https://www.surplusremotes.com/

This is with single column status set to OFF for search_header.php in layout box controller. Did i miss something or am in the wrong place ? I just want to appear in the header.
    Right, you want the LEFT/RIGHT status set to OFF but the Single Column Status set to ON.

Page 42 of 125 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast