Page 2 of 123 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ZCA Bootstrap Template

Does this template allow color changes or replacing colors with backbground images in header bars (sidebox header, main top header etc)?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by turuga View Post
    Does this template allow color changes or replacing colors with backbground images in header bars (sidebox header, main top header etc)?
    This template "out-of-box" inherits the Bootstrap > Utilities > Colors classes.

I include a colors stylesheet: /includes/templates/bootstrap/css/stylesheet_colors.css, which include some examples where I used colors outside the BS framework which override BS color classes.

I also added element ID's where possible due to the way BS adjoins several classes and can be frustrating when trying to override the BS classes.

So, yes, you can add color changes or replace colors with background images.

Plugin Contributions

I created a new stylesheet called stylesheet_zcustom.css to put any modifications to the color or any other styling. This prevents losing any customization when upgrading the template.

Zen Cart and it's community are the best!!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ZCA Bootstrap 4 Template [Support Thread]

I like this template very much as I find it easier customizable than responsive classic for the likes of me: changing color or background image of headers.

It seems some or one css files are called from outside website: https://maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/boot...tstrap.min.css.

Perhaps at beta stage it was done so? should all css be downloaded somehwhere?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by turuga; 17 May 2018 at 04:06 PM. Reason: typo

Plugin Contributions

It seems some or one css files are called from outside website: https://maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/boot...tstrap.min.css.

Perhaps at beta stage it was done so? should all css be downloaded somehwhere?
    Thanks.
    No, that was and is intentional...

The Bootstrap CSS framework is loaded via the BootstrapCDN, this file controls the look and feel.

Any and all CSS additions & overrides should be put in either the /includes/templates/bootstrap/css/stylesheet_colors.css or /includes/templates/bootstrap/css/stylesheet.css files or as @lankeeyankee suggested, create a new file /includes/templates/bootstrap/css/stylesheet_zcustom.css

If you choose to do a custom download of the bootstrap CSS framework, it should be called where the BootstrapCDN link is called or overrides will not be picked up.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Rbarbour,

Is there way to change these colors or insert background image from my side? pls see the attached image. If so, how for the IT illiterate?
    thank you.Name:  zc-customization4-nodom.jpg
Views: 882
Size:  40.7 KB

Plugin Contributions

Hi Rbarbour,

Is there way to change these colors or insert background image from my side? pls see the attached image. If so, how for the IT illiterate?
    thank you.Name:  zc-customization4-nodom.jpg
Views: 882
Size:  40.7 KB
    Either edit the stylesheet_colors.css file or (in my opinion) create a new stylesheet as I mentioned in my previous post. The reason I call it stylesheet_zcustom is because anything starting with stylesheet_ is loaded on every page by zen cart's default behavior. And css cascades alphabetically so zcustom will load last and take precedence over anything else unless the class or ID is marked !important in a different sheet or is overridden by an inline style.

In your new sheet simply add .list-group-item {background-color: YOUR COLOR}

For a background image it would be .list-group-item {background-image: YOUR IMAGE; background-color: YOUR COLOR} You always want a background color in case the image becomes unavailable for some reason.
    Last edited by lankeeyankee; 18 May 2018 at 10:22 PM.

Zen Cart and it's community are the best!!

Plugin Contributions

Thank you Lankeeyankee, i will try your suggestions.

But it seems like the shipping module does not work. I use zone rates. I use 5-6 zones. When the template is changed to responsive classic, the shipment module works, i.e. a visitor can choose country and get shipping cost estimated. But not with Bootstrap (can't choose country). Do you see the same?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rbarbour View Post
    No, that was and is intentional...

The Bootstrap CSS framework is loaded via the BootstrapCDN, this file controls the look and feel.

Any and all CSS additions & overrides should be put in either the /includes/templates/bootstrap/css/stylesheet_colors.css or /includes/templates/bootstrap/css/stylesheet.css files or as @lankeeyankee suggested, create a new file /includes/templates/bootstrap/css/stylesheet_zcustom.css

If you choose to do a custom download of the bootstrap CSS framework, it should be called where the BootstrapCDN link is called or overrides will not be picked up.
    This is an amazing template. Does anybody encounter any shipping module issue? I wonder if I am an exception.

Plugin Contributions

This is an amazing template. Does anybody encounter any shipping module issue? I wonder if I am an exception.
    What issue are you encountering? I just activated zone rates and works fine for me.

Page 2 of 123 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast