Plugin Contributions

Default sidebars gone when old database imported on new 1click install zencart 155f. Any fix?

Hi all,
    I am trying to install 155f, now I am 154. In a test folder,

-I installed fresh 155f with 1 click install,
    -changed its database prefix to that of the old,
    -changed config files. All is working well.

Now on it I imported old database of the existing website, products seem to be populated, but the sidebars disappear and the template looks awful with pink or blue here and there.

Am I doing things wrong?

Thank you for advices.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: sidebars gone when old database imported on new 1click install zencart 155f. Any

Yes, never, ever use a webhost's 1-click install! It sounds inviting, sounds easy ... but in the end you'll have way more issues than just doing it yourself.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: sidebars gone when old database imported on new 1click install zencart 155f. Any

A couple of things, but the cause of the odd display is because the upgrade is not yet complete.

For one, suggest reading through the following about the recommended upgrade process: http://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3-...d-of-upgrading

Use of the 1-click install could have its own problems as the files may not be complete/up-to-date as compared to the download from this forum site as an official copy.

After the old database is imported to a separate location, it needs to be upgraded using zc_install, which is likely not included as part of the 1-click install.

If the existing template files were installed/upgraded to the new install, then more than likely the display would be as expected/the live site. Otherwise, once the database is upgraded, login to the admin and go tools->layout boxes controller and select the reset at the bottom. That will situate the sideboxes to match the default settings. They can then be modified to suit.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thank you guys.
    admin -> tools->layout boxes controller did work. And zc_install upgraded my db.