Plugin Contributions

Default partial payment with balance due on pickup (delivery) of product

site is new and being worked on and is not online at this time but still being developed on an Ubuntu 16.04 server before going live on a Linux Hosting site HTTP Server: Apache/2.4.18 (Ubuntu)

ZC version 155F w/ WInchester Black Template

PHP Version 7.0.30-1+ubuntu16.04.1+deb.sury.org+1

I am wondering if there is an easy way to set up a product so that a customers can make a partial non refundable payment (50% of total price ) for a product that will have to be ordered or that will be available at a later date?

Example: (no i am not selling dogs and /or puppies)

you have a dog that is pregnant and a customer wants to purchase one of the pups and is willing to pay a non refundable deposit of 50% to reserve one of the pups when they become available. There is a balance left of 50% of the total price that will be paid when the customer comes to take possession of the new puppy. When the customer pays the final 50% of the total price that is owed the account will show PAID In FULL.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: partial payment with balance due on pickup (delivery) of product

Searching for COD Zen Cafrt will give you lots of options. Maybe one can work for you.

Plugin Contributions

If it is the COD option that I see in the the Payment Modules then this is the only settings that I currently see!

It does not show very many options to set for it

Cash on Delivery

Enable Cash On Delivery Module
    True

Payment Zone
    --none--

Set Order Status
    Pending [1]

Sort order of display.

Plugin Contributions

Does anyone else have a solution?

Surly others have wanted to know this also!!

Plugin Contributions

There was also a layaway module that could maybe do what you need, it's been at least 7 or 8 years since I looked at it so I don't know if it's compatible with 1.5.5 or if the functionality will be exactly right but that might a better place to start if the code still works or needs only minimal changes. I don't think a whole lot has changed with payment/order total modules so it might be ok.

Zen Cart and it's community are the best!!

Plugin Contributions

That would be worth looking at. I will find it and load it on a duplicate test site!

I have duplicate duplicates to make sure when things crash during testing, and the do, I can get back to where I was very quickly!

Thank you for that input!

Plugin Contributions

I am still seeking a solution to where a customer pays 50% or 100% when an order is placed with the balance if any is due on pickup.

Can any help or point me in a direction that actually works?