Plugin Contributions

Default server changes have led to bizarre things - can't edit some products!

You don't have permission to access /xxxx/product.php on this server.

I migrated to easyapache4 last night and we tweaked settings this morning. This problem remains. One client has found two products so far, one regular and one document that is doing this. My server support zen cart guru is as buffaloed as I am. I did run store manager to reset master category ids just in case.

This Zen Cart 1.5.4 on php5.6 - that did not change. It worked before the easyapache migration and the subsequent tweeks by the guy who knows.....

Just found another site with the problem but may be all products on that one. It is on 1.5.5f. So this doesn't seem to be not version specific.

DrByte? I think we need you!
    Last edited by delia; 25 May 2018 at 06:38 PM.
    The full-time Zen Cart Guru. WizTech4ZC.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: server changes have led to bizarre things - can't edit some products!

a little more details. Another website wasn't able to edit a define page. The problem is images - maybe specifically the quotes - single or double quotes. I removed them and it works.

same with product pages any quotes used in any way - code or text is creating the issue.
    Last edited by delia; 25 May 2018 at 07:06 PM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: server changes have led to bizarre things - can't edit some products!

mod_security rules ?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

another note - seems like bad html can be a culprit. But this is when I am editing without an editor. Each site does have an editor installed.

Plugin Contributions

rats. It is. I turned off mod security and the problem went away. so the new mod security is really a problem. Lordy.

thanks for answering!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Well, turning it off completely is probably not the most ideal. But do be sure to configure the defined rules in it to provide the proper balance of security protections.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

yeah, temp measure. I didn't set it up to begin with - I'm not clueless - just challenged. We are letting the logs accumulate so that we can figure out what needs doing. It does blow my mind that it must work so differently than before.