Thread: sqlpatch

Plugin Contributions

Default sqlpatch

Scratching my head over this one, something staring me right in the face and I am not seeing it so I hope someone can show me what I'm missing.

I am working on a new dev site using PHP 7.1, 1.5.5f, bootstrap template and a zillion mods. I always work on a local XAMPP install. This time, as I am starting to use git a bit more, I decided to set up an identical dev site on the dedicated remote server to make sure everything works properly in the remote environment. When I update my github repository from the local server it also pushes it to the remote server. This way both filesets are always in sync. It has been working great except whenever I push to the remote site it always resets the file permissions to 664 which causes a 500 error and I have to set everything back to 644. I didn't know about hooks until a couple days ago....

2 days ago I cloned the local DB and overwrote the remote DB with it by deleting all of the tables and uploading a backup of the local. I wanted the DBs to be in sync after installing mods and doing some configuration, I do this fairly often like every couple days or whenever I've done a lot of new configuring. I don't know if this may be the cause of my issue so I thought I'd mention it.

The problem is, sqlpatch no longer works on the remote server. It did work and I am not sure at what point it stopped. I get a 500 error and no logs. If I use the file upload function in sqlpatch it works, so the issue is only when I paste something in. I have replaced all of the admin files on the remote directly with the local files (except configure), and still get the 500 error. Everything has 644 permission. I have looked at the sqlpatch file and cannot see anything that stands out show where my problem lies, it's an unaltered core version.

I am stumped! Any ideas?

Zen Cart and it's community are the best!!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: sqlpatch

Had this before a few times.
    Its a common mod_security type rule on the server that has changed and needs to be whitelisted
    Get your server host to update it for sqlpatch.php

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: sqlpatch

Thanks, gilby, I was just figuring that out when you posted. I will have the server techs adjust the rule.

Zen Cart and it's community are the best!!