Plugin Contributions

Default Any way to disable email preferences option on the create account page?

Anyone know how to hide this completely and just lock it to 'text only'. I can't tell you how many customers call in throughout the year asking for an explanation as to what it is. If 10 people actually call in, 1000 people are confused or pissed. So, I'd love to turn that off or do 'something' with it.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Any way to disable email preferences option on the create account page?

Here is a screenshot of what I am talking about.
    Name:  jimmy.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  42.1 KB

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Any way to disable email preferences option on the create account page?

Perhaps the setting is already set this way, but for starters in configuration->email settings be sure that the setting for sending email is set to text (0). I'm going to try to review the code for the new customer area and advise what changes to make to be sure that the setting is passed/stored and the above option(s) are not presented. (unless someone else responds sooner with that detail.)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

As a suggestion, perhaps you could add a flag to 1.5.6 called "Force Email Format" with possible values "Off, Text, HTML". If the value was Text or HTML, you just disable the display of the format radio buttons in signup and my account and just force the customer record email format to the value set.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Excellent, thank you so much. Waiting to see what you might suggest.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by wootoot1234 View Post
    Excellent, thank you so much. Waiting to see what you might suggest.

Thanks!
    You know this is one I never thought about until someone asked why!

The idea of sending one or the other is a bit out dated now that email programs have the ability of striping html. If you are sending html as a multi-part message, than you are already sending both html and text anyway! I really don't see a reason to take this option away from the customer.

Maybe it would be better to enplane it instead of just the two words "Email Preferences" to "What format would you like your E-mail sent as!"..

Any hoot.. The email preference is already setup by admin default settings in Customer Details, Customer Default Email Preference..

Which means all you have to do is comment out the question block until a switch is setup as suggested. In tpl_modules_create_account.php you would find the following and use comments to hide it.. lines in red..
    Code:
    <!-- kill email preference 
    <?php echo zen_draw_radio_field('email_format', 'HTML', ($email_format == 'HTML' ? true : false),'id="email-format-html"') . '<label class="radioButtonLabel" for="email-format-html">' . ENTRY_EMAIL_HTML_DISPLAY . '</label>' .  zen_draw_radio_field('email_format', 'TEXT', ($email_format == 'TEXT' ? true : false), 'id="email-format-text"') . '<label class="radioButtonLabel" for="email-format-text">' . ENTRY_EMAIL_TEXT_DISPLAY . '</label>'; ?>  
    <br class="clearBoth" />  -->
    If the file to be edited is not in your template folder, copy it from default to your template and then edit it. Commenting out allows you to undo it later if you find a need. Keep in mind, if your not sending multi-part messages, the user that strips html will get a blank email. Very frustrating...
    Dave
    Always forward thinking... Lost my mind!