Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Questions re Modifying Responsive All Business

Hello - using Responsive All Business and want to make it a wide page effect, i.e. no side boxes. I have turned off side boxes in configuration but all the page content is sitting to the left margin with the combined space of left and right side boxes as white space to the right.

For the life of me I cannot find where to adjust the main page width so that it is 100% of the available space without side boxes - I have scanned through all the .css files and cannot see a parameter in either %age or pixels for wrapper main -container or anything remotely similar, i.e. unless it is in css language I do not understand. I'm obviously missing something or looking in the wrong places.

Any ideas please?

cheers,
    Mike

Code:
    /*bof wrappers - page or section containers*/
    #main-container {margin:30px auto 0 auto;background:#fff;text-align:left;vertical-align:top;}
    #headerWrapper, #contentMainWrapper, #logoWrapper, #cartBoxListWrapper, #ezPageBoxList, #cartBoxListWrapper ul, #ezPageBoxList ul, #mainWrapper, #popupAdditionalImage, #popupImage {margin:0;padding:0em;}
    #mainWrapper {margin:auto;} 
    #logo, .centerBoxContents, .specialsListBoxContents, .categoryListBoxContents, .centerBoxContentsAlsoPurch, .attribImg {float:left;}
    #tagline {margin:10px 10px 25px 0px;color:#b5b5b5;font-size:1.65em;text-align:left;text-transform:lowercase;vertical-align:bottom;}
    #logo {padding-left:15px;margin-top:-20px;}
    #sendSpendWrapper {margin:0em 0em 1em 1em;border:1px solid #cacaca;float:right;}
    .floatingBox, #accountLinksWrapper, #sendSpendWrapper, #checkoutShipto, #checkoutBillto, #navEZPagesTOCWrapper {margin:0;width:47%;}
    .wrapperAttribsOptions {margin:0.3em 0em;}
    Last edited by shags38; 9 Jun 2018 at 05:50 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Questions re Modifying Responsive All Business

I did something similar-ish when using Responsive Sheffield Blue.

I added a bit of code into your_template/common/tpl_main_page (near the top of page)

Code:
    // the following IF statement can be duplicated/modified as needed to set additional flags
      if (in_array($current_page_base,explode(",",'shopping_cart,checkout_shipping,checkout_payment,checkout_confirmation,checkout_success')) ) {
        $flag_disable_right = true;
        $flag_disable_left = true;
      }

if (in_array($current_page_base,explode(",",'login')) ) {
      }

if (in_array($cPath,explode(",",'26')) ) {
      }
    In my case the '26' was the category page number that I wanted to make full width photo background.

I also created a separate css page for this category - so in my case c_26.css
    And in that css page I put all the other little changes I wanted to apply only to that page - such as resizing the photo for different devices, using a different smaller photo for mobile background, and removing all the 'dressing' from the normal RSB template pages.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by soxophoneplayer View Post
    I did something similar-ish when using Responsive Sheffield Blue.

I added a bit of code into your_template/common/tpl_main_page (near the top of page)

Code:
    // the following IF statement can be duplicated/modified as needed to set additional flags
      if (in_array($current_page_base,explode(",",'shopping_cart,checkout_shipping,checkout_payment,checkout_confirmation,checkout_success')) ) {
      }

if (in_array($current_page_base,explode(",",'login')) ) {
      }

if (in_array($cPath,explode(",",'26')) ) {
      }
    In my case the '26' was the category page number that I wanted to make full width photo background.

I also created a separate css page for this category - so in my case c_26.css
    And in that css page I put all the other little changes I wanted to apply only to that page - such as resizing the photo for different devices, using a different smaller photo for mobile background, and removing all the 'dressing' from the normal RSB template pages.
    Thanks for your reply soxo - it worked a treat!! I just deleted the '26' and it expanded the page just as I wanted.

Now the trick is to find which file to put that code in so that it does that for every page - so any idea which file calls the 'whole template' page width?

thanks again,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

Update -
    adding that code to your_template/common/tpl_main_page actually makes every page on the site go to maximum page width EXCEPT product pages (catalogue pages) - so I now need to find out which file affects rendering of catalogue/product pages?

Plugin Contributions

Did you try

Admin -> Configuration -> Layout Settings -> Column Left Status - Global
    Admin -> Configuration -> Layout Settings -> Column Right Status - Global

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shags38 View Post
    Update -
    adding that code to your_template/common/tpl_main_page actually makes every page on the site go to maximum page width EXCEPT product pages (catalogue pages) - so I now need to find out which file affects rendering of catalogue/product pages?
    I can't fiddle with it as I have my Resp Sheff Blue files and notes but not database. The tpl_main_page is quite different in RespClassic that I'm using now.

But here is the faq that I originally found help in which may give you some ideas to fiddle with:

https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...ome-pages-only

In the example previous post, the C_26 was the ID Category number that zc assigned when I created the category - shows on the left hand edge of the categories page in admin.

I fiddle with code but I don't 'know' it. I gather you need whatever code mean 'all pages' in place of the '26'.

Good luck!

Plugin Contributions

@ rbarbour ... that did the trick - Bravo!! your blood is worth bottling!

Here is another quick one - if I wanted to duplicate the specials | featured products | New module on the home page such that there were two of them loading with one being always 'featured' and the other always 'specials' - how best can I do that? I duplicated the .css file and changed featuredProducts to specials then renamed the css to stylesheet_module_tabs_a so that there are now 2 stylesheets - I figure they will both load - but what else needs to be modified to call it to load?
    I am wanting to do this because I won't now have the side boxes for this purpose by going to full page width.

Thanks again,
    Mike
    Last edited by shags38; 9 Jun 2018 at 02:52 PM.

Plugin Contributions

thanks again soxo

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shags38 View Post
    @ rbarbour ... that did the trick - Bravo!! your blood is worth bottling!

Here is another quick one - if I wanted to duplicate the specials | featured products | New module on the home page such that there were two of them loading with one being always 'featured' and the other always 'specials' - how best can I do that? I duplicated the .css file and changed featuredProducts to specials then renamed the css to stylesheet_module_tabs_a so that there are now 2 stylesheets - I figure they will both load - but what else needs to be modified to call it to load?
    I am wanting to do this because I won't now have the side boxes for this purpose by going to full page width.

Thanks again,
    Mike
    Not familiar with this template - Take a look at the Flexible NSF (New, Specials & Featured) Center-boxes plugin. It will show you at the least what files are used to create a center-box module.

Plugin Contributions

with Admin -> Configuration -> Layout Settings -> Column Right Status - Global turned OFF I am still getting white space where the side box column would be - any ideas on how to solve this please.

Attachment 17912

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast