Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Home Page Products Carousel [Support Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by flappingfish View Post
    Code:
    www.crazygamer.uk
    apologies for that oversight and this seems to be the only module i can find with the name and the filenames match, maybe it has been tweaked when added to my site? i mean i have easy populate 4 update my computing section every hour to keep the stock accurate (possibly more often tbh) so perhaps its loading all of those in the new column?
    Yeah, it's not this plugin. It may have been used as base, although I'm pretty sure numinix built their own version for the Tableau2 template.

IMO, the way your home page is setup is useless. First of all - tabs. Nowadays people prefer scrolling - tabs require action. You have 3 hidden tabs, meaning a visitor must be interested to click on it to see what's inside. Then, the visitor must click to click-scroll through the items (or die waiting while the autoplay scrolls through all 20 products...). Very bad UX.

Now, you have 20 products in New, 20 in Bestsellers, 9 in Featured and 3 in Specials. Yeah, that's a lot of elements. Ideally, you'd have 4-5 in each, but all visible and without any tabs. Maybe some content in-between...Image optimization seems to be fine, but it's still 52 images being loaded... Perhaps reducing the number of products per carousel will help.

Anyway, this is probably best to discuss with numinix or in the template's thread (not sure if it's this one).

Plugin Contributions

tableau 4 im on now, tableau 2 was a disaster when i installed it, so many issues my log file has about 5600 logs there, one log the otherday being the first one my site has spat out for weeks randomly. this dom size issue is definetly related to the numinix version of this plugin then as my site was formed on tableau 2 and i'm quite aware it need asthetically improving still but its not something i understand how to do.

back to my issue at hand it appears there is no support thread for the numinix revision of the module or ive missed it in my google search after seeing no support thread link to the module, unsure if it was the numinix version or this without the link, perhaps the numinix one was never publicly released as it was template specifically altered? my main issue is the page speed score before visual optimisations, not that i don't agree there needed in the near future but my understanding is people use mobile mainly to browse these day or a tablet, my poor page loading speed therefore is effecting me getting as many web visitors ect?

Without the carousel my home page is just the top graphic. another curious thing and i'm unsure if it is related to the carousel (probably not but it crossed my mind) is the "about us" underneath it, if you read the opening paragraph before clicking to read the rest you will be confused as i updated the about us and it doesnt start the same anymore but zen still remembers it for the homepage about us ghost snippet?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by flappingfish View Post
    tableau 4 im on now, tableau 2 was a disaster when i installed it, so many issues my log file has about 5600 logs there, one log the otherday being the first one my site has spat out for weeks randomly. this dom size issue is definetly related to the numinix version of this plugin then as my site was formed on tableau 2 and i'm quite aware it need asthetically improving still but its not something i understand how to do.

back to my issue at hand it appears there is no support thread for the numinix revision of the module or ive missed it in my google search after seeing no support thread link to the module, unsure if it was the numinix version or this without the link, perhaps the numinix one was never publicly released as it was template specifically altered? my main issue is the page speed score before visual optimisations, not that i don't agree there needed in the near future but my understanding is people use mobile mainly to browse these day or a tablet, my poor page loading speed therefore is effecting me getting as many web visitors ect?

Without the carousel my home page is just the top graphic. another curious thing and i'm unsure if it is related to the carousel (probably not but it crossed my mind) is the "about us" underneath it, if you read the opening paragraph before clicking to read the rest you will be confused as i updated the about us and it doesnt start the same anymore but zen still remembers it for the homepage about us ghost snippet?
    I don't see tableau4 available for download anywhere. Your site does seem to be using Tableau2, at least it looks like it. Perhaps posting your question in the Tableau thread will be more helpful and you might get a response from either someone else using the template or numinix - I've never had a chance to use that template and don't know how it works. Same goes for the about us snippet, which is probably a standalone thing (perhaps in Define pages?) and not linked to the actual About Us page. But again, probably best to ask in the correct forum thread.

Plugin Contributions

i wont go into detail but the reason i have my template as tableau 4 now is because even numinix could not get it to function, someone in the forum actually helped me out massively on that issue, tableau 4 i guess is his revision model number of the template so to speak. its definetly the carousel though as you disable it and it no longer gives an dom count let alone a warning of an excessive one, all the doms seem to be coming from that one element sadly. I know when i set my site up zen had just been overhauled to 1.57c i believe, when i browsed i could not find any nice templates i liked, i might have to have another look into it or see how i go about altering it a little bit

Plugin Contributions

Would this work with Bootstrap Template?

Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by nicksab View Post
    Would this work with Bootstrap Template?

Thank you
    Nope, but there is a Bootstrap Homepage slider (https://github.com/lat9/bs4_home_slider) that does ... and I'm planning on including that as part of the template's base for the next release.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345