Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default New and want to upgrade to the most recent version of ZC from V1371

Hello, i am Duncan and just new to Zen Cart, because i want to help a friend, who does know nothing about the backoffice, to upgrade his webshop (http://www.musicweboutlet.com) to the most recent version of ZC.
    He now uses version Zen Cart 1.3.7.1., i think it is about 10 years old.
    In that time someone put his website up and he just had to upload new articles and images and that worked.
    The site is now old and does not use all the possibilities like SEO, payment, etc.
    Made a backup with FTP, but now the difficult part, for me, is how to do it...
    I worked with different programs for websites and shops before (WP, Muse, Intershop, etc.) but never with Zen Cart.

So my question is if it´s possible to upgrade from that version and how to do it or is there an easy and understandable workaround?
    Yes, I read a lot already, but it is really abracadabra to me.

I also really like to change the design of the shop to a more modern design, i managed to change and add pages, but till now i did not find out where i can find how the redesign it..

Sorry for all the questions, but i really can use some help or tips!
    Thanks in advance!!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New and want to upgrade to the most recent version of ZC from V1371

What I forgot: Or is it possible to start with brand new installation of a recent version and import the data from the old one?

Plugin Contributions

Hello Duncan, welcome to the community.

You can start with a new fileset, and use the existing (exported) database. Running the installer will give you the choice to upgrade the database.

You can read this FAQ to help you: https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...pgrade-my-site

Plugin Contributions

Thank you Design75!!

Plugin Contributions

You're welcome. If you need some personal help (in dutch) feel free to contact me.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, daar zal ik zeker gebruik van maken, indien nodig! Door je antwoord "(in dutch)" keek ik even verder dan m'n neus lang is en zie dat je uit Amersfoort komt. Woon zelf in Leusden, dus dat is best toevallig!

Plugin Contributions

Dat is zeker toevallig. Dan kan je zelfs nog een bak koffie komen halen.

Plugin Contributions

Ja, inderdaad!:-) Zal 't morgen nog eens proberen, liep gisteren tegen wat foutmeldingen aan met name mbt database. Als dat morgen weer zo is, kom ik er misschien even op terug. Zit zelf meer aan de marketingkant dan aan die van ICT en voor m'n gevoel is dat wat je bij Zen Cart eigenlijk wat meer moet hebben. Maar kan het ook mis hebben natuurlijk!

Plugin Contributions

Sorry het was even stil van mijn kant, maar heb meerdere keren geprobeerd om de upgrade uit te voeren, maar helaas lijkt het me niet volledig te lukken.
    Waarschijnlijk door onbekendheid (of ongeduld), maar zodra het klaar is lijkt het alsof de site niet compleet is en verschijnen er diverse waarschuwingen en zijn de banners niet de juiste, maar de originelen van Zen Cart. Voor mijn gevoel lukt het dus op een haartje na, maar is het uiteindelijk een net niet...
    Iemand die de verlossende tip voor me heeft??
    Alvast heel erg bedankt!!

Plugin Contributions

Ik ben deze week met vakantie, maar volgende week wil ik best even met je meekijken naar je site.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast