Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Global Column setting not giving desired result in some instances

Quote Originally Posted by rbarbour View Post
    I'll have to download it and take a look. what version of the template are you using?
    Template Author : Picaflor Azul (c) 2013

Template Version : Version 1.0

Responsive All Business

3 other sites all using this same version are not having the issue www.cliponearrings.net.au www.treeoflifejewellery.com www.sterlingsilverrings.com.au .

Please take a look at this [previous] thread https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....e-All-Business which was a forerunner to this - user 'soxophoneplayer' is having the same issue on template Responsive Sheffield Blue which is another one of Annes (Picaflor Azul) - also appears to be having same issue with Responsive Classic template (another one of Annes??)

I look forward to hearing back from you tomorrow,
    cheers,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

Okay,

I installed this on a clean 155f, copied the sql patches and all installed correctly.

I set
    Admin -> Configuration -> Layout Settings -> Column Right Status - Global to "0"
    Admin -> Configuration -> Responsive all Business Template -> ACTIVATE Responsive Template by selecting Column Widths to "3"

If ACTIVATE Responsive Template by selecting Column Widths is "0" it leaves a white space.

http://www.zcadditions.com/all_business/zencart-f/
    Last edited by rbarbour; 14 Jun 2018 at 02:54 PM.
    Website - Github. Like the ZCA Bootstrap 4 Template? Donations Welcome. Bootstrap Plugins?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rbarbour View Post
    Okay,

I installed this on a clean 155f, copied the sql patches and all installed correctly.

I set
    Admin -> Configuration -> Layout Settings -> Column Right Status - Global to "0"
    Admin -> Configuration -> Responsive all Business Template -> ACTIVATE Responsive Template by selecting Column Widths to "3"

If ACTIVATE Responsive Template by selecting Column Widths is "0" it leaves a white space.

http://www.zcadditions.com/all_business/zencart-f/
    Many thanks rbarbour - unfortunately that didn't work, my setting was '2' so changing it to '3' it merely increased the width of left column. All of my sites are set to '2'.

So can you think of anything else that would cause the space that 'right column' occupies to not to disappear when global status is changed ... or for the page not to expand to fill that space?
    For example what file does the global column setting alter?
    Is there an overriding default template file I should be comparing from a site that works ok to one that doesn't to find code variations?

cheers,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

@ rbarbour - update - I have overcome the white space issue by the installation of 'blackcssdrop' plugin by lat9 - do not ask me how simply adding a drop menu plugin solved the problem but it did. ....... BUT now I have a problem with Mobile Usability according to the Google mobile testing tool - 1. content too wide for the screen and 2. clickable elements too close together - again ALL sites - rendering doesn't show image and right scroll is require to read content fully. Given that about 50% of searches are mobile it is not going to help business.

So the main changes done on each site was to increase the size of the header image and remove some elements from that header 'space', primarily search block and tagline, in an attempt to give the template a more modern look (and of course remove right column, the subject of this thread).

I can only assume that the 'responsive' components of this template (which is old in respect to responsive template design) are not handling the changes.

So with the template in your sandbox can you see any issues with the responsive components relative to the changes I've made? ... or any suggestions of what I should try / look at? is there something in responsive files that should be changed from a defined pixel measurement to a percentage instead for example?

Any assistance will be appreciated.

cheers, Mike

blackcssdrop readme file;

Free Dropdown Versions Module v alpha-release
    Release Date: 3/12/2013
    Publisher: PRO-Webs, Inc
    Released for Zen Cart , v 1.3.9X & v 1.5.X

This installation is considered an INTERMEDIATE level Zen Cart module installation.

DO NOT attempt this install unless you are familiar with PHP, CSS and FTP.

If you need installation, please visit our store here:
    http://pro-webs.net/store/index.php?...roducts_id=414

This module is the framework to add a horizontal dropdown menu to your Zen Cart template.
    There are many versions of this module, their styles are all different. The module seeks to
    add controllable elements to your dropdown menu such as easy pages, banners, categories
    and more.

This version is called Black CSS Drop-Down Menu. The menu can be easily
    styled with CSS to suit your particular needs. It is 100% CSS with no
    Javascript or similar to drive it.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

1. FIRST MAKE A FULL BACKUP OF YOUR WEBSITE'S FILES AND DATABASE!

2. Upload the files making certain that you change YOUR-TEMPLATE to your own template
    directory name.

3. In Configuration >> EZ-Pages Settings adjust the following setting to be empty
    >>EZ-Pages Header Link Separator

4. Next you will add the include for the menu to your header. (and example file is provided)
    Locate includes >> templates >> your_template >> common >> tpl_header.php
    <!--bof pro menu display-->
    <?php require($template->get_template_dir('tpl_pro_menu.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'common'). '/tpl_pro_menu.php');?>
    <!--eof pro menu display-->

4a. also locate

<!--bof-header ezpage links-->
    <?php if (EZPAGES_STATUS_HEADER == '1' or (EZPAGES_STATUS_HEADER == '2' and (strstr(EXCLUDE_ADMIN_IP_FOR_MAINTENANCE, $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'])))) { ?>
    <?php require($template->get_template_dir('tpl_ezpages_bar_header.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'templates'). '/tpl_ezpages_bar_header.php'); ?>
    <?php } ?>
    <!--eof-header ezpage links-->

and remove it, we will be utilizing the header easy page menu in your new menu.

5. If you turn OFF your easy pages header menu in your admin, the entire pages menu
    will also be turned off.

6. Next you will likley need to edit the width of the menu. This is done the following file.
    includes/templates/your_template/css/stylesheet_dropdown-menu.css
    You will see it noted on line 10. There you can edit the default 750px to your width.

7. You can edit the images, styles and anything you like.

The categories menu was specifically limited to top level categories only to give
    the best device compatibility for your shop.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12