Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The great midwest... Well, okay, it's not so great, but I'm stuck here!
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: My ecommerce site is showing all the products in

Yes, you directed me to the right area, it's the SBA page

Stock By Attribute (SBA) Stock Page Version 1.5.4
    I DID IT, I actually built a working cart, with the help of so many of you, Stevesh, Schoolboy, RescoCCC, to name a few. I just take one bite out of the elephant at a time and try to keep my sense of humor...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by strugglingnovice View Post
    Yes, you directed me to the right area, it's the SBA page

Stock By Attribute (SBA) Stock Page Version 1.5.4
    Ok. So, there are a few things of thought and again it depends mostly on the background code as to what is needed to be set where. There was a time when SBA acted erratically if option names and option values were not entered in numerical order. That was a huge nightmare to try to coordinate adding product, their option name(s) and option value(s) in just the right order so that the right information was displayed. That issue has been resolved internally with the code.

Depending on your configuration in the dynamic dropdowns configuration, and what it is to be displayed, the variant list could be as short as needed for just the product in question, or it could be lengthy to support display of potential options available. In either case, edits in option name/option values other than deletion of a previously used selection would have no effect on the generated variants. (ie. Hopefully only deleted attributes in the attributes controller that were newly created and not ones that had been being used.)

I still go back to the thought that the software should be updated as again, some of the results seen seem to be issues that were previously seen and corrected....

I further apologize for any delay in response as I am involved in a meeting for a while today. :/
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I appreciate all you're doing to try and help me. I just talked with Host Gator and they tell me that Code Guard, which I use, backs up the entire site content and data base. I had them restore it to an earlier date, this time June 1st. I have little hope that this will resolve the issue, but I'm giving it one more try. This takes about four hours to do, I'll check it then and get back to you. I can't do anything within Zen Cart until this backup is completed.

One other thought, if I disabled the SBA module, would that correct the issue.
    I DID IT, I actually built a working cart, with the help of so many of you, Stevesh, Schoolboy, RescoCCC, to name a few. I just take one bite out of the elephant at a time and try to keep my sense of humor...

Plugin Contributions

Update: When I click on a color that shouldn't be in my color choices for a particular product, it shows that it's out of stock. You were correct, the problem is with the SBA Module. You said to install a newer version, but I'm running 1.5.4, that's a fairly new version. Still wondering if the workaround for now would be to disable the SBA Module. If I could do that without getting rid of it until I figure out whats going on, that would be great.

I wasn't the one that installed it, so I don't know how to disable it.

There has been a lot of work done with SBA and I would hate to lose it. I'm grasping at straws here, and I'll update you when the backup/restore from Code Guard is completed.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by strugglingnovice View Post
    Update: When I click on a color that shouldn't be in my color choices for a particular product, it shows that it's out of stock. You were correct, the problem is with the SBA Module. You said to install a newer version, but I'm running 1.5.4, that's a fairly new version. Still wondering if the workaround for now would be to disable the SBA Module. If I could do that without getting rid of it until I figure out whats going on, that would be great.

I wasn't the one that installed it, so I don't know how to disable it.

There has been a lot of work done with SBA and I would hate to lose it. I'm grasping at straws here, and I'll update you when the backup/restore from Code Guard is completed.
    So the version number hasn't been updated in a while because of, in a way, where the software has gotten to and that it hasn't been pushed to the zen cart download page (age old issue of instructions). This is where I brought up the download date as the github location pointed to in post three is where it has been living and its design updated to remain functional across ZC versions with updates made to the core code. Having the download date and accessing that site, it is possible to "roll-back" the code to see what all is going on and what has been done and addressed since then.

As to disablement, a few options are available, though you may still see some of its work in product that have a single attribute (option name).

Admin->Configuration->Dynamic Drop Downs (and believe me, for some reason this particular option can easily go unnoticed. I still haven't figured out why but it can be there and completely be missed), change the setting for Enable Dynamic Dropdowns from 2 to 0. This should display attribute options as normally presented when SBA is not installed. For some time now the software has been written to prevent the purchase of a product variant that is not otherwise defined (though there were some minor logic issues with that a year or more ago). This prevention occurs whether Dynamic Drop Downs is enabled or not. Dynamic Drop Downs simply offers an upfront user interface so that they don't have to "guess" what attribute combinations are in stock or are even supported by the store.

Also note, have you changed templates or installed anything that affects: includes/modules/YOUR_TEMPLATE/attributes.php? I think the restore will "answer" that question provided you had also looked at the site and affected product around that time and not noticed any issues... (Meaning, it could have been before June 1 that the issue/change occurred, but it may have only been in the last 24 hours that it was noticed.)

A thing about the restore.... may need to talk to your host, but when it does the restore does it only replace the files that were in the backup, or does it completely make the directories look like they did at that time? (There is a difference. Let's say a file was added (new file) to the root of the store between the last backup and now. When the restore is done, is that new file removed because it didn't exist before, or is it "ignored" and left the same because the restore doesn't work that way?)

Plugin Contributions

The latest restore is completed and it didn't change anything.

I went to the Admin>Configration>Dynamic Drop Downs and here are my choices, there is no setting for 2 to 0.

There is a dropdown menu and the choices are:

Off
    On for All SBA Tracked
    On for Multi-Attribute Only (there is a check mark by the side of this)
    On for Single-Attribute Only

Do I just choose Off? I don't want to make things worse than they already are.

I'm using a Westminster New Template and Anne from Picaflor-Azur installed it for me. She also installed my SBA Module. I emailed her early this morning, but she hasn't gotten in touch with me yet, and I didn't feel like I could just wait to hear from her because my site isn't functioning properly for orders. I appreciate so much what you're doing for me, it's so stressful when you don't know what to do to fix things.

I haven't changed anything with the template .php file. The only areas I've been working with are the ones I gave you. I'll wait to hear from you before I change that Dynamic Dropdown Setting. Thanks again
    Last edited by strugglingnovice; 14 Jun 2018 at 07:26 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Off is the correct selection for at least the product demonstrated earlier in this thread. Result will be to see a value of 0 when reviewing the configuration window.

Anne has been "away" for undisclosed (presumably personal) reasons and as has been discussed if only briefly is possibly making her way back to things.

Plugin Contributions

So, I wouldn't say that things were made worse, but what it does seem to indicate is that the product has all of those attributes assigned to it.... that would lead me back to looking at the attributes controller for that product at least...

Plugin Contributions

I changed the Dynamic Dropdown to Off and all the colors are still showing up, it didn't change anything. Can I disable SBA totally? Would that help?

That explains why Anne didn't get back to me. I hope all is well with her, she's such a nice person.

I had hoped that this would resolve the issue by changing the Dynamic Dropdowns to Off. I refreshed the page several times, changed browsers, still having same issue. Should I totally delete the products that I added yesterday? I did change the sort order on one of them, thats the only thing different I did.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12