Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The great midwest... Well, okay, it's not so great, but I'm stuck here!
    Plugin Contributions

Default My ecommerce site is showing all the products in

I have an ecommerce site - big red workwear dot com, it's been active for several years now and has operated correctly. But now when I click on an individual product, it takes forever to load because its loading all of the colors in my catalog instead of the correct ones for the individual products. When I go to my attributes for an individual item, it is now showing a huge list of colors.

I was working on my site today, adding new product categories, at one point I was in the Option Names and Options Value area adding additional colors, and I put a color in the wrong area and deleted it, could I have deleted something that could have caused this problem? I wish I could remember exactly what I did, but I can't.

Here is a direct link https://bigredworkwear dot com/shirts/work-shirts/red-kap-best-selling-solid-short-sleeved-work-shirt-sp24 - I edited it using the word dot - you can correct it to . instead of dot and you will see what I mean when you click on the color. I hope someone can help me, I'm in a total panic here.
    I DID IT, I actually built a working cart, with the help of so many of you, Stevesh, Schoolboy, RescoCCC, to name a few. I just take one bite out of the elephant at a time and try to keep my sense of humor...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: My ecommerce site is showing all the products in

I'm so sorry, I didn't finish the title before I posted and then I couldn't edit it. I'm obviously rattled by this problem with my site.
    I DID IT, I actually built a working cart, with the help of so many of you, Stevesh, Schoolboy, RescoCCC, to name a few. I just take one bite out of the elephant at a time and try to keep my sense of humor...

Plugin Contributions

Might I suggest updating your software for Stock By Attributes (considering the statement that all had been working for a long time to further indicate that possibly that software is dated.) https://github.com/mc12345678/Stock_...butes_Combined

Could there have been something done that could have affected and caused the display of all those options? Yes. Based on the time/date of the download of the SBA software, it may be possible to identify what is causing the issue, but there were some improvements made that altered how to determine what attributes to display.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

May I suggest also looking at the variant definitions for that product to ensure that the assignment(s) are still correct?

As to the upgrade, the files in the includes and the admin folders would need to be updated and then the files in the 1.5.3_and_1.5.4 directory. Lastly to access the admin configuration to perform the update/install. This will reset the options that are currently set, but will not cause a loss of existing variants.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you so much for trying to help me. This happened yesterday when I was adding product. The only areas that I worked in were Option Values and Option Names. I added additional colors for the new product I was adding to my site. The first time I added the product I put it in the wrong place. When I went to Attributes to look for the color I could see the color I just added at the top of the ADDING NEW ATTRIBUTES BOX and of course it wasn't added to my Color list. So I knew that was wrong. I went back to find it and delete it to remove it from that box, I'm trying to remember if I was in Option Values or Option Names, i can't remember which one it was, I'm thinking it seems like i saw that color in the bottom portion of the page and deleted it. I went on to add my colors, I inserted them in Option Values and didn't realize I had a problem until I looked at an existing product and saw that long list of colors. I then started checking and all the colors are showing up on all of the products. Is this something I'm going to be able to reverse or am I going to have to manually delete all of the wrong colors from each existing product in the database? I didn't back up my data base before I started working, Host Gator does daily backups, I naively thought that was sufficient, and I went back a couple of days and restored my site and of course it didn't work, my products still have all these colors. Thanks again for getting back to me, I spent a sleepless night here.

Plugin Contributions

Could you specifically tell me where to look and how to do the following you suggested.

May I suggest also looking at the variant definitions for that product to ensure that the assignment(s) are still correct?

My knowledge is so limited, but I follow directions well.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by strugglingnovice View Post
    Could you specifically tell me where to look and how to do the following you suggested.

My knowledge is so limited, but I follow directions well.
    Absolutely, admin->catalog->products with attributes (or similar). Then sort, filter, or find the product in question. Focus on one product for now. Perhaps compare one to others, but let's not get all out-of-sorts. :)

Plugin Contributions

There was an issue a long while back related to product that had two or more option names (attributes as I tend to call them) that would as I recall cause what is seen on the example product where too many options were presented. But... generally speaking, SBA builds on what has been assigned to the product and doesn't just make up options. So, even with the suggestion of the above to review the variants, it is also important to review the attribute assignments within the attributes controller.

To be sure I understood the earlier post, did I understand correctly that there are currently options assigned to this product that should not be assigned? (ie. There are more colors assigned to the product than intended?)

Adding and removing attribute options are possible in groups when using the option values/option names areas. But, again, one thing at a time.

The fact that the database restore didn't resolve the issue (assuming that all contents of the database were replaced with the previous version rather than just updating records common between the live site and the backup), leads me to think that perhaps there is a file discrepancy of old and new and that perhaps this issue went unnoticed before.

Plugin Contributions

I went to the product with attributes like you told me to do, picked a product (a polo shirt, SK02) it should have 10 colors and it has NINETY colors now. Yes, you understood correctly, I have a multitude of colors assigned to each product instead of the appropriate colors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by strugglingnovice View Post
    I went to the product with attributes like you told me to do, picked a product (a polo shirt, SK02) it should have 10 colors and it has NINETY colors now. Yes, you understood correctly, I have a multitude of colors assigned to each product instead of the appropriate colors.
    And to be sure that I didn't give horrible (just bad) direction. The screen being looked at is the stock by attributes screen having at the top a dropdown window with a select button, and then possibly below that a text box with a find and a clear button next to it. This screen also has the individual quantity associated with each variant and at least a delete variant link to the right.

This is different than the attributes controller (also found in admin->catalog->attributes controller (no doubt about that option))

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast