Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: non-CAPTCHA and Honey-pots

Another thing to consider is that systems like MailChimp give you double opt in, so you don't wind up sending emails to people who didn't ask for them.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    Another thing to consider is that systems like MailChimp give you double opt in, so you don't wind up sending emails to people who didn't ask for them.
    sorry first language french... but what I'm understanding double opt in to mean avoiding the same email twice but the Newsletter-Subscribe modification was already doing that. Is that what you meant?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by davewest View Post
    I would say to use a regex string to force correct typing of email addresses, but that would only stop some, if they are truly using your form. The only good answer is to turn off non-account newsletter subscription service. Force them to use the create account system where you have more control with non-CAPTCHA.. Bots are programmable, but they have a hard time not filling in all the boxes..

Theirs no mods to verify email addresses as existing in ZC.. There are ways of doing this if you want to create the class.. basically using SMPT to get the MX records for the domain.. https://www.codexworld.com/verify-em...ts-domain-php/

The other methods I know of (text to verify) cost dollars to use..

You should ask on the newsletter subscription mod page, think they got reCAPTCHA to work...
    don't know enough about coding anything so regex I don't know. but from reading your thread and other comments I have seen on the Newsletter Only mod, I am not the only one with this situation so I tried this... please tell me if you can where I goofed..

in the Newsletter-Subscribe or Newsletter-Only mod has 4 files that had to do with the tpl_subscribe_default:

store/includes/templates/responsive_classic/templates/tpl_subscribe.php
    store/includes/templates/responsive_classic/templates/tpl_subscribe_confirm_default.php
    store/includes/templates/responsive_classic/templates/tpl_subscribe_default.php
    store/includes/templates/responsive_classic/templates/tpl_subscribe_header.php

I found code similar to the one in your tpl_subscribe_default.php in the tpl_subscribe_header.php file and tried this:

original code:

<?php
    /**
    * Side Box Template
    * @package templateSystem
    * @copyright Copyright 2003-2006 Zen Cart Development Team
    * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003 osCommerce
    * @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License V2.0
    * @version $Id: tpl_subscribe.php,v 1.1 2006/06/16 01:46:16 Owner Exp $
    */
    $content = '';
    $content .= zen_draw_form('subscribe', zen_href_link(FILENAME_SUBSCRIBE, '', 'SSL'), 'post', '');
    $content .= zen_draw_hidden_field('act', 'subscribe');
    $content .= zen_draw_hidden_field('main_page',FILENAME_SUBSCRIBE);
    $content .= (empty($subscribe_text) ? '' : $subscribe_text);
    $content .= '<label>' . zen_draw_input_field('email', '', 'size="18" maxlength="90" style="width: ' .
    ($column_width-30) . 'px" value="' . HEADER_SUBSCRIBE_DEFAULT_TEXT .
    '" onfocus="if (this.value == \'' . HEADER_SUBSCRIBE_DEFAULT_TEXT . '\') this.value = \'\';"');
    $content .= '</label>';
    if(EMAIL_USE_HTML == 'true') {
    $content .= ' <br /> <label>' . zen_draw_radio_field('email_format', 'HTML', true) . ENTRY_EMAIL_HTML_DISPLAY . '</label>';
    $content .= ' <label style="white-space:nowrap">' . zen_draw_radio_field('email_format', 'TEXT', false) . ENTRY_EMAIL_TEXT_DISPLAY . '</label>';
    }
    $content .= ' <br />' . zen_image_submit (BUTTON_IMAGE_SUBSCRIBE,HEADER_SUBSCRIBE_BUTTON, 'value="' . HEADER_SUBSCRIBE_BUTTON . '" ');
    $content .= '</form>';
    ?>
    changed to:

<?php
    /**
    * Side Box Template
    * @package templateSystem
    * @copyright Copyright 2003-2006 Zen Cart Development Team
    * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003 osCommerce
    * @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License V2.0
    * @version $Id: tpl_subscribe_header.php,v 1.1 2006/06/16 01:46:16 Owner Exp $
    * MEH MOD TO HAVE zenNonCAPTCHA
    */
    $content = '';
    $content .= zen_draw_form('subscribe', zen_href_link(FILENAME_SUBSCRIBE, '', 'SSL'), 'post', '');
    $content .= zen_draw_hidden_field('act', 'subscribe');
    $content .= zen_draw_hidden_field('main_page',FILENAME_SUBSCRIBE);
    $content .= (empty($subscribe_text) ? '' : $subscribe_text);
    $content .= '<label>' . zen_draw_input_field('email', '', 'size="18" maxlength="90" value="' . HEADER_SUBSCRIBE_DEFAULT_TEXT .
    '" onfocus="if (this.value == \'' . HEADER_SUBSCRIBE_DEFAULT_TEXT . '\') this.value = \'\';"');
    $content .= '</label>';
    if(EMAIL_USE_HTML == 'true') {
    $content .= '<label>' . zen_draw_radio_field('email_format', 'HTML', true) . ENTRY_EMAIL_HTML_DISPLAY . '</label>';
    $content .= '<label>' . zen_draw_radio_field('email_format', 'TEXT', false) . ENTRY_EMAIL_TEXT_DISPLAY . '</label>';
    }
    /* bof MEH MOD to have zenNonCAPTCHA */
    /*
    $content .= zen_image_submit (BUTTON_IMAGE_SUBSCRIBE,HEADER_SUBSCRIBE_BUTTON, 'value="' . HEADER_SUBSCRIBE_BUTTON . '" ');
    */
    $content .= ' <br /><div class="buttonRow forward">' . zen_image_submit (BUTTON_IMAGE_SUBSCRIBE,HEADER_SUBSCRIBE_BUTTON, 'value="' . HEADER_SUBSCRIBE_BUTTON . '" ') . '</div>';
    $content .= ' <br /><div class="email-pot"><label for="email-us"></label>' . zen_draw_input_field(SPAM_TEST_TEXT, '', ' id="email-us" title="do not fill in!" placeholder="do not fill in!" autocomplete="off"', 'email') . '</div>';
    $content .= ' <div class="email-pot"><p>' . HUMAN_TEXT_NOT_DISPLAYED. '</p>' . zen_draw_radio_field(SPAM_TEST_USER, 'H1', '', 'id="user-1"') . '<span class="input-group-addon"><i class="fa fa-male fa-2x"></i></span>' . zen_draw_radio_field(SPAM_TEST_USER, 'C2', '', 'id="user-2"') . '<span class="input-group-addon"><i class="fa fa-laptop fa-2x"></i></span></div>';
    if (SPAM_USE_SLIDER == 'true') {
    $content .= '<div class="slidecontainer"><p>' . HUMAN_TEXT_DISPLAYED .'</p>' . zen_draw_input_field(SPAM_TEST_IQ, '', ' min="0" max="50" value="25" class="slider" id="id1"', 'range') . '<br /><br /><span>Value:</span> <span id="f" style="font-weight:bold;color:red"></span> </div>';
    }
    /* eof MEH MOD to have zenNonCAPTCHA */
    $content .= '</form>';
    ?>
    I need to know if anything is not ok for that file. The slider shows and email addresses get added to my subscriber list. However, if the slider isn't set to the chosen value, 19 in my case, the email still gets added so I'm guessing that I either did something wrong to the file or I need to go modify something else to let your zenNonCAPTCHA CAPTCHA to look at the tpl_subscribe_header.php instead of the tpl_subscribe_default.php?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mariemeh View Post
    sorry first language french... but what I'm understanding double opt in to mean avoiding the same email twice but the Newsletter-Subscribe modification was already doing that. Is that what you meant?
    Getting off track here... I'm not a fan of pay-for-spamming services but they are good at getting black listed instead of you.. I had to block them and constant contact ip's for spamming..

Double opt in is a pain at times for user, its a easy process to code. but needs a texting service which is not free.

The process can lead in a couple of methods, but something like this..
    user inputs email and phone numbers, hit submit...
    next page has a input field for a code which was texted to the customer phone..
    the customer inters the code hits submit, nothing submitted, wrong code or the page is closed.. end of process.
    If right code entered... then we have a live one and..
    The email is sent asking to get verified to complete the sign up process and acts as proof of permission along with privacy..
    Dave
    Always forward thinking... Lost my mind!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by davewest View Post
    Sorry, but you're losing me. Newsletter has only email input field so the stock ZC does a nice job filtering, which is why that field was not used. The code I use has a different header file for newsletter subscribers due to both subscribe and unsubscribe are within the same form, but it would not allow anything but email addresses too..

What type of spam are you getting?
    Thought I would confirm that you were right all along. ZC does a nice job filtering. It was all my fault. I didn't think of the link I had put on my index.html page and that's how they were getting in. As soon as I removed that, it stopped. Sorry for the confusion.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mariemeh View Post
    Thought I would confirm that you were right all along. ZC does a nice job filtering. It was all my fault. I didn't think of the link I had put on my index.html page and that's how they were getting in. As soon as I removed that, it stopped. Sorry for the confusion.
    Thanks for the update..
    Dave

Plugin Contributions

Hi Dave,

I had installed this plugin and then with the advent of Lat9's Access Blocker I decided to remove it BUT I am still getting the "please prove you are not a robot! message after clicking the register button - I have run the uninstall sql and the uninstall code you placed in this thread but to no avail.

Now my customers cannot create an account - any thoughts on what I should do to resolve this?

cheers, Mike

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shags38 View Post
    Hi Dave,

I had installed this plugin and then with the advent of Lat9's Access Blocker I decided to remove it BUT I am still getting the "please prove you are not a robot! message after clicking the register button - I have run the uninstall sql and the uninstall code you placed in this thread but to no avail.

Now my customers cannot create an account - any thoughts on what I should do to resolve this?

cheers, Mike
    Dave,

please IGNORE my previous post - I need to apologize .... it was the Google ReCaptcha 7 that was the problem.

cheers,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

I am sure it is probably mentioned somewhere in this thread though I have as of yet to find it.

How do you go about changing the slider so that it shows Human on another value other than the default of 10?

What if I wanted to go in monthly and change it to a different test value How would I go about doing this or could I somehow create it so that it randomly changes to a new value monthly?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by drm1963 View Post
    I am sure it is probably mentioned somewhere in this thread though I have as of yet to find it.

How do you go about changing the slider so that it shows Human on another value other than the default of 10?

What if I wanted to go in monthly and change it to a different test value How would I go about doing this or could I somehow create it so that it randomly changes to a new value monthly?
    In Configuration>Layout Settings
    Are all the settings for this mod. Change your answer, change the numbers, the number set is not displayed. The display answer is for the script response to the slider moving which works in all but IE.

Randomly changing the number is not done... If you have a range say 1 - 50, bots are guessing 50, 1, and 25 which you should not use as the answers. not sure if posted that here or my blog.. The range of numbers is not set in stone and can be changed in code from 1 to 256... only issue is fingers on phones can't slid that far.
    Dave

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast