Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: non-CAPTCHA and Honey-pots

Hello All,

I've installed this mod on Zen 154. When a new customer enters their info and clicks "Submit the Information" register they get a white screen with "var-type undefined: stringIgnoreNull(TheirName)" in the upper right.

Have I missed something in the install or should I not be using this on 154?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kcb410 View Post
    Hello All,

I've installed this mod on Zen 154. When a new customer enters their info and clicks "Submit the Information" register they get a white screen with "var-type undefined: stringIgnoreNull(TheirName)" in the upper right.

Have I missed something in the install or should I not be using this on 154?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
    If you dragged and dropped on a vanilla ZC 155f, you would be OK, but any other ZC or modified 155f, you would need to do a compare and just do the edits for the spam test.
    Dave
    Always forward thinking... Lost my mind!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by davewest View Post
    If you dragged and dropped on a vanilla ZC 155f, you would be OK, but any other ZC or modified 155f, you would need to do a compare and just do the edits for the spam test.
    Thanks Dave. I'll try the compare and merge.

Plugin Contributions

I decided to look at it in my seldom used IE and find a problem with the display, but not the function. "Value: 25" always shows no matter what number is chosen as the key or on the slider. The ball is missing as well, although there is a ghost of it moving with the pointer. Has anyone come across this? It works fine in FireFox and Chrome. Many of our customers still use IE.

Plugin Contributions

This must be a css issue but i'm so rusty on that. Not sure if the constant "Value 25" is a css thing. Insights appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by athena View Post
    This must be a css issue but i'm so rusty on that. Not sure if the constant "Value 25" is a css thing. Insights appreciated.
    You didn't say what IE version... if its less then 9, the slider may show as an input field.. The value field is done with JS, if missing, no value is displayed. I'm unable to find anything that's older then IE9 to test with! Browsers capable of HTML5 would display the slider, older ones need JS to do sliders.
    Dave

Plugin Contributions

I looked at it in a very old ie where, you are right, there is an input field. My Windows 7, IE 11 is the one I'm working on where the slider ignores the word "human" and does not show the selection in the "value:" I can play with the css to show the ball instead of a ghost, but the js to move the "value:" & the word "human" as the slider moves may be beyond me.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you. So take a look at this in IE 11. I made a few changes to the css that show the slider with a contrasting color rather than a ball without compromising the look of it in FireFox. Still need the Human word to show. Since I know the number I can move the slider in IE 11 and it will send an email but there is no way for the customer to know they found "Human". see w h b e e . com/index.php?main_page=contact_us

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by athena View Post
    Thank you. So take a look at this in IE 11. I made a few changes to the css that show the slider with a contrasting color rather than a ball without compromising the look of it in FireFox. Still need the Human word to show. Since I know the number I can move the slider in IE 11 and it will send an email but there is no way for the customer to know they found "Human". see w h b e e . com/index.php?main_page=contact_us
    Link was no help, lead me to a bee site with many issues, but no contact form or any others I could find.. The word is for human to read, it matters not to the test which is based on the number you selected in the admin layout settings.

I used some basic css styling for the slider. I have a different style for my own page where the ball is an icon.. You can use cross browser css for catching IE bugs.

After many years of fighting windoze I gave it up and moved on to Linux.. I have the slider in use on my site.
    Dave

Plugin Contributions

zc156a the slider works well in Chrome and Firefox.

I decided to test in IE and Edge and the result is zilch. The slider line displays in IE and Edge but the ball does not. This is on a vanilla install.

WAMP 3.1.6, Apache 2.4.33, PHP 7.3.1, MySql 5.7.21, Windows 10

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast