Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

application error Continue button no work good.

https://www.mysiteonmyserver.com/zc_...e=system_setup

ZC v155

No plugins installed

PHP 7.1

On the System Setup Page, the Continue button does not work; no error messages, no way to know what it wants.

I'm running the ZenCart Installer, and had several issues before reaching this page, and all were resolved. Now the Continue button just won't work.

I run my own web server, Apache/2.4.33 (Ubuntu 16.0.4)

I have not changed any permissions to 777, as those permissions are not safe on Linux, IMHO. The following directories have been chmod'd to 775.

admin
    cache
    images
    includes
    logs
    media
    pub

I looked thru all available documentation, but I probably missed something. I even Goooogled the problem, no joy.
    Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated,

=TwoCanes

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Continue button no work good.

Mention that using ZC 1.5.5, is there any sub-version associated? Such as ZC 1.5.5f (current latest copy)? How was this installed/retrieved? It doesn't sound like it is an auto-installer, but I don't want to second guess.

Are there any server logs? (would think you have access to them in your configuration).

As to permissions, the folders could be set as low as 755 generally speaking and still function.

What browser is being used and has an alternate one been tried?

When say that the continue button does not work, on what page of the install does this occur? Is there perhaps information still to be filled in as a reason for not permitting continuing?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Mention that using ZC 1.5.5, is there any sub-version associated? Such as ZC
    1.5.5f (current latest copy)? How was this installed/retrieved? It doesn't sound like it is an auto-installer, but I don't
    want to second guess.

ZC 1.5.5f

Are there any server logs? (would think you have access to them in your configuration).

Yes, but there are no errors listed.

As to permissions, the folders could be set as low as 755 generally speaking and still function.
    What browser is being used and has an alternate one been tried?

Chrome. What else is there? https://www.zen-cart.com/images/smilies/laugh.gif I tried Firefox, same exact behavior.

When say that the continue button does not work, on what page of the install does this occur? Is there perhaps
    information still to be filled in as a reason for not permitting continuing?
    https://www.mysiteonmyserver.com/zc_...e=system_setup

There are only two checkboxes on that page, both are checked. However, I discovered that if I uncheck the "Agree to license terms" checkbox, I immediately get a red error bar "You must agree to the license terms", and the Continue button will work then, but only to cause the page to scroll back to the top. If I check the box, the red error bar disappears, but the Continue button no longer responds at all.

FWIW, the cursor turns into the pointing finger whenever I hover over the Continue button.

Thanks for your help,

=TwoCanes

Plugin Contributions

Tried 1.55e version, same problem. Went back to 1.55f and started over, got the following error in /var/log/apache2/error.log at the "System Inspection" page:

[Mon Jun 25 14:25:51.437506 2018] [authz_core:error] [pid 25630] [client x.x.x.x:43406] AH01630: client denied by server configuration: /var/www/docs/ocat/includes/filenames.php

/var/www/docs/ocat is a link to /var/www/docs/zen-cart-v1.5.5f-12312017b
    /var/www/docs is a link to /var/www/html

The System Inspection page itself shows all is well: No errors or warnings were detected on your system. You may continue with the installation. Then hit continue and get to the "System Setup" page where Continue button does not work.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by TwoCanes View Post
    Tried 1.55e version, same problem. Went back to 1.55f and started over, got the following error in /var/log/apache2/error.log at the "System Inspection" page:

[Mon Jun 25 14:25:51.437506 2018] [authz_core:error] [pid 25630] [client x.x.x.x:43406] AH01630: client denied by server configuration: /var/www/docs/ocat/includes/filenames.php

/var/www/docs/ocat is a link to /var/www/docs/zen-cart-v1.5.5f-12312017b
    /var/www/docs is a link to /var/www/html

The System Inspection page itself shows all is well: No errors or warnings were detected on your system. You may continue with the installation. Then hit continue and get to the "System Setup" page where Continue button does not work.
    I've installed on Ubuntu 16.04 and installed ZC155f both using the default web root and symbolic link to public_html folder to user root and not had any issues with ZC installer working.

Installed from the Ubuntu repository...
    Apache/2.4.18 (Ubuntu)
    PHP Version 7.0.30-0ubuntu0.16.04.1
    MySQL 5.7.22-0ubuntu0.16.04.1
    phpmyadmin 4.5.4.1deb2ubuntu2

I don't do development within Ubuntu, I prefer using lampp so I can have more then one version of server installed for testing and coding on.

Check that your server root is right... this is what it is on my install. in apache cnf file.. $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] /var/www/html

Some things to check..
    Did you setup a file with phpinfo() in it and can access it?

Can you access MySQL and setup a database? ZC install needs a database setup for it to install to.

Did you install php-mysql? Not with php from the repository, but required so php can talk using mysqli...

Good site to start with but based on php5.
    http://www.linuxandubuntu.com/home/h...linux-computer

Better site and more on getting setup for outside access through your firewall.
    https://www.digitalocean.com/communi...n-ubuntu-16-04
    Dave
    Always forward thinking... Lost my mind!

Plugin Contributions

I had the same issue (xampp, local php 7.1.26).

On the database setup page, clicking on the Continue button does nothing and there is no error message, only debug logs in the /logs folder

"[07-Mar-2019 08:31:39 Europe/Madrid] PHP Warning: mysqli_connect(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user 'xxxxxxxxxxx' (using password: YES) in xxxxxxxxxxx\public_html\zencart_155f\includes\classes\db\mysql\query_factory.php on line 102"

due to a mistyped password.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Continue button no work good.

Exact same problem. Non responsive "Continue" button. Button only becomes responsive if you DO NOT enter some details then consequently giving you a warning message.

Using fresh install version 1.5.6a,
    PHP 7x
    All user /passwords have being re entered. I even re create the database with ALL Prev. Still no go.
    "Continue" button is on the /zc_install/index.php?main_page=database page
    Very frustrating
    Downunder QLD

Plugin Contributions

Zencart v1.5.6c - direct from download yesterday
    PHP v7.2.7
    Pugins: None
    Tested: Nope, totally new install to be built online :-)

Hmmm, same problem here with line 102 and I'm doing a new install today...

This is the message from my log file:

[12-Oct-2019 01:04:28 UTC] PHP Warning: mysqli_connect(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/sentialz/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 102 utf

I created the database last night, the details I have entered to connect to the database are

Database Host: localhost
    Database User: essence (I assume this is the database name that goes here, or is this where I'm going wrong?)
    Database Password: 3l3mi7 (yeah I know, I shouldn't be posting it, however I can always change it once I'm up and running)
    Database Name: essence
    Load Demo Data: Yes
    Database Character Set: utf8mb4 (default setting)
    Store Prefix: left blank
    SQL Cache Mode: No

PS: there was also no Cache folder in the download - I had to create one to get this far with the install.

Any assistance would be much appreciated :-)
    Elemi

The Art of Bespoke Aromatherapy
    www.AmorAromatherapy.co.nz

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Elemi View Post
    Database User: essence (I assume this is the database name that goes here, or is this where I'm going wrong?)
    The database name and the user name are 2 separate values. When you set up your database in CPanel->MySQL Databases, you create a database, create a user, then allow the user access to the database.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    The database name and the user name are 2 separate values. When you set up your database in CPanel->MySQL Databases, you create a database, create a user, then allow the user access to the database.
    Hmm, I don't recall it asking me for a user... I think I will delete the db and create a new one seeing as it's empty...

Thanks SW :-)
    Elemi

The Art of Bespoke Aromatherapy
    www.AmorAromatherapy.co.nz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast