Plugin Contributions

Default paypal express checkout not working

Just did clean install of 1.5.5 for pkasperassociates.com/classes. Using responsive classic template. Trying to get paypal express checkout to work. I have done the IPN setup (which we had on old store using zencart 1.3.9h). I have also done the API security info setup (which we also had on our older store). Under Modules, the Paypal express checkout displays a green button.

But when checking out, there is a red box that appears: "We are sorry for the incovenience. The Paypal account authentication settings are not yet set up, or the API security information is incorrect."

Since I've done the API part (3 times actually to be sure there were no remnants between copy/paste), I need help on "Paypal account authentication settings". Does this refer to IPN? Or is it something else?

I am not sure about this and will ask my hosting company: "*CURL is used for outbound communication with the gateway over ports 80 and 443, so must be active on your hosting server and able to use SSL." We are not using SSL.

Any ideas on how to make express checkout work?

karine

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: paypal express checkout not working

Quote Originally Posted by karine View Post
    I am not sure about this and will ask my hosting company: "*CURL is used for outbound communication with the gateway over ports 80 and 443, so must be active on your hosting server and able to use SSL." We are not using SSL.
    Until you setup the correct SSL, it will not work. Your site does not require an SSL cert to work BUT PayPal needs to be able to make a secure connection to your site.

Once you get it going, you should check into SSL as most current browser will announce to your customers that your site is not secure.

Plugin Contributions

Hi dbltoe

I have SSL installed on pkasperassociates.com, including pkasperassociates.com/classes (the store page). API and IPN are done on paypal site. I am still getting the attached error snapshot. Any ideas?

karineName:  pkaspere-store-checkout.jpg
Views: 502
Size:  36.3 KB

Plugin Contributions

If you have triple-checked your settings, you might check with your host to see if they have any non-standard settings in this area.

https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....-no-error-code has a discussion about this.

Plugin Contributions

SOLUTION!!

Review your API information for a sixth time. As said elsewhere in this forum, you can add an extra space or delete a character. and when you come back to view your payment module, things can alter. In my case, the API signature-username appeared twice, so when I did one of my redos, although I had a blank text field, the former username was there but not visible. It was only when I left the payment module and returned back to it later for another try that the double username appeared.

When I called PayPal web services tech support (they are very helpful), they said the "Error 10002 Security header is not valid" is always an API information issue. Something has been incorrectly typed.

dbltoe helped me by saying to check with the web host that the ports are all correctly open since Paypal seemed not to be able to connect to our store. Ports were good, so next step was to call PayPal and ask them if there was a problem from their end to connect to our store. PayPal support person immediately checked the store and got the same warning box mentioned above. This led PayPal tech support to say that there was an API information issue. And the rest is history!