Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Westminster New - help please on 1.5.5f

I have recently installed this Westminster New template into a fresh install v1.5.5f version and have a few questions - I read a number of pages in the Westminster New specific forum to find answers but not the whole 159 pages :) ... I posted this query in that forum 6 days ago but it seems it is not frequented very often as I have not had a response.

So I would greatly appreciate some assistance with the following;

1. the drop down menu on the index page is not showing - what have I missed? where is that switched on? the categories side box is activated and shows on all pages except the index page - image of screen view on the readme docs page indicates there should be a drop down menu??
    2. Footer Menu - in modifying the urls for the social media (following the instructions page) the html text now shows in the footer and images have disappeared. (see image) I have re-read the instructions and redone the change with the same result - how do I solve this?
    4. Font issue - product info descriptions copied from old version DB >>> ● Ring Size: 6 3/4 (US size) - this ● should be a bullet ● - is there a font format adjustment somewhere that will resolve this correctly?

many thanks,
    Mike

Attachment 17961

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Westminster New - help please on 1.5.5f

You should not double post in the forum. It just confuses matters.

If you don't get a response in the mod's support thread, it's generally because you haven't given enough information for someone to help.

You need to give as much information as possible with EVERY post. Pictures seldom work with stylesheet questions as we can recreate the same look with completely different css code. A link is best. Use mysiteDOTcom if you don't want it indexed. And, especially, don't expect a forum volunteer to look up your info on another post. Enter the data in EVERY thread you open and things will move a lot quicker.

Plugin Contributions

For the footer menu - the hack for picaflor templates was to edit the footer directly in your database. But RBarbour posted actual fix on post #64 of this thread:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....or-1-5-x/page7

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by soxophoneplayer View Post
    For the footer menu - the hack for picaflor templates was to edit the footer directly in your database. But RBarbour posted actual fix on post #64 of this thread:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....or-1-5-x/page7
    Many thanks Soxo !!

cheers,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    You should not double post in the forum. It just confuses matters.

If you don't get a response in the mod's support thread, it's generally because you haven't given enough information for someone to help.

You need to give as much information as possible with EVERY post. Pictures seldom work with stylesheet questions as we can recreate the same look with completely different css code. A link is best. Use mysiteDOTcom if you don't want it indexed. And, especially, don't expect a forum volunteer to look up your info on another post. Enter the data in EVERY thread you open and things will move a lot quicker.
    Thanks for taking the time to respond dbltoe
    So to reiterate;
    new install of Westminster New template into a fresh install v1.5.5f version - website is www.sterlingsilverrings.com.au/ teststore/
    1. the drop down menu on the index page is not showing - what have I missed? where is that switched on? the categories side box is activated and shows on all pages except the index page - image of screen view on the readme docs page indicates there should be a drop down menu but it is not referred to at all in the readme doc??
    2. Font issue - product info descriptions copied from old version DB - example >>> — Ring Size: 6 3/4 (US size) - this — should be a bullet ● - is there a font format adjustment somewhere that will resolve this correctly? - in the DB maybe?

thanks for taking the time to offer some assistance.

cheers,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

For #1, check that you have the items turned on in ADMIN >> Configuration >> Layout Settings.

For #2, you've copied text that is of a different encoding. Your site is probably UTF-8 and the old code may be latin1. You'll need to standardize those.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    For #1, check that you have the items turned on in ADMIN >> Configuration >> Layout Settings.
    if it was only that simple.

For #2, you've copied text that is of a different encoding. Your site is probably UTF-8 and the old code may be latin1. You'll need to standardize those.
    -both DB's are utf-8 ... any other ideas?

cheers, Mike

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shags38 View Post
    any other ideas?
    The code and script for the menu is missing! Replace it to solve. lines 133-135 of common/tpl_header.php

Your using breaks to create a bulleted list, use correct html to solve and css if you want to modified bullets https://www.w3schools.com/html/html_lists.asp..
    Dave
    Always forward thinking... Lost my mind!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by davewest View Post
    The code and script for the menu is missing! Replace it to solve. lines 133-135 of common/tpl_header.php
    Many thanks Dave, your blood is worth bottling mate - I must have screwed up tpl_header when doing a merge.

Another question if I may? - (A) how can I remove space to RH side of page - I am trying to achieve full screen page width in desktop - I have admin/layout_settings >> Global RH & LH column set to off and RH & LH Column Width set to zero but RH Column 'space' is still showing - if I change LH Column width to any size it adds it to the RH column space - this is with all side boxes turned off. I cannot find a parameter in stylesheet.css to alter and have tried altering responsive.css and responsive_default.css in accordance with some suggestions in Westminster New support thread but to no avail.

Alternatively (B) - with side boxes turned off how can I 'centralize' the page(s), i.e. have equal white space Left and Right of the center canister? say equivalent to the RH column white space that currently exists in (A) above?

Not 100% sure which way I will go just yet.

I really appreciate your help.

cheers,
    Mike

Attachment 17967

Plugin Contributions

I just upgraded to zencart 1.5.5f and installed the new westchester responsive template. The problem I am having is with the login/register for the users. it gives me the error: An unknown response null: :text/html; charset=utf-8: :Bad Request was received while processing an ajax call. The action you requested could not be completed. It appears in a box, when I click ok it goes to the login/register screen. Not sure exactly what the problem is. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I did install the ajax.php file when I did the upgrade.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast