Plugin Contributions

Default Force strict billing address shipping.

It's been a thought that has been kicking around for quite sometimes, and I have not been able to find a solution to this.

So here's the scenario. Let's say a product that is restricted by law to be only delivered to the billing address of the purchaser.
    Lots of people want to have it deliver to say , their work place or dorm room etc. But it's of course verboten.

Is there a way to disable shipping address altogether, and enforce the use of billing address only?

Saves a lot of headaches when it come to charge backs too.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Force strict billing address shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by chibipaw View Post
    It's been a thought that has been kicking around for quite sometimes, and I have not been able to find a solution to this.

So here's the scenario. Let's say a product that is restricted by law to be only delivered to the billing address of the purchaser.
    Lots of people want to have it deliver to say , their work place or dorm room etc. But it's of course verboten.

Is there a way to disable shipping address altogether, and enforce the use of billing address only?

Saves a lot of headaches when it come to charge backs too.
    Admin.. Config... Maximum Values, address book entries, set to zero 0

only account billing address is required! Works in ZC155f, not sure on lower versions..
    Dave
    Always forward thinking... Lost my mind!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by davewest View Post
    Admin.. Config... Maximum Values, address book entries, set to zero 0

only account billing address is required! Works in ZC155f, not sure on lower versions..
    Thanks. Looks like that worked. I've tried in the past using the value 1, but didnt think of using zero instead. Probably because I was assuming that includes the address that was entered during account creation.

Now, here's another question to clean things up. Is there a way to reset every account to use the address that was entered upon account creation.
    The address that is in the "customers" table in the database, so that I can simply delete every entry in the address_book table?

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by chibipaw View Post
    Now, here's another question to clean things up. Is there a way to reset every account to use the address that was entered upon account creation.
    The address that is in the "customers" table in the database, so that I can simply delete every entry in the address_book table?
    You could use a sql statement to delete all none primary addresses. However, there's nothing keeping the customer from editing billing address or editing there account address. There account address book shows all past addresses, they can not add, but they can change to another address, same as editing there account billing address. During checkout, they will not be offered a shipping address option.

How your payment processor functions would have to control that part..

I don't know of any functions in ZC to determine if the billing address is the same as card owner... maybe one of the fraud add-ons.
    Dave
    Always forward thinking... Lost my mind!

Plugin Contributions

I bet it doesn't help that my billing address is a PO Box. Or, does the law not care that my physical address is different from the billing?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by davewest View Post
    You could use a sql statement to delete all none primary addresses. However, there's nothing keeping the customer from editing billing address or editing there account address. There account address book shows all past addresses, they can not add, but they can change to another address, same as editing there account billing address. During checkout, they will not be offered a shipping address option.

How your payment processor functions would have to control that part..

I don't know of any functions in ZC to determine if the billing address is the same as card owner... maybe one of the fraud add-ons.
    I tried removing the address_book table entries. That only ended up just rendering the account having no shipping or billing address at all, and not taking the address from the default values from the customers table.
    So there's some kind of a mechanic I dont fully understand. I can only imagine existing customers would be very confused if that were to happen on the live server.

dbltoe:

Certain controlled products does not care, so long as it is delivered to the billing address.
    Aside from controlled products, Visa / MasterCard rules for all vendors technically require you to only deliver to the billing address, should you encounter a charge back for whatever reason.

Plugin Contributions

@chipiwaw, can the customers change/add their billing address? I've got an idea, but need to understand how you want to process before posting.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    @chipiwaw, can the customers change/add their billing address? I've got an idea, but need to understand how you want to process before posting.
    Sure, customers can change their billing address. This is mostly to keep users from sending products away from the card's billing address.