Plugin Contributions

Default allow a customer to email me a file

Looking for an easy way to set up something like a contact us with the option where the customer can send me an attachment by email. Do not want this file uploaded to my site.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: allow a customer to email me a file

Quote Originally Posted by cubmanky View Post
    Looking for an easy way to set up something like a contact us with the option where the customer can send me an attachment by email. Do not want this file uploaded to my site.
    Please explain why the file should not be uploaded to the site. Ie. What is it about it being "on" the site that is the issue. Note: for ZC to offer the email capability, other than for it to call your local computer's email form, the file technically would have to be uploaded to the site to then be emailed by the email process...

So I guess, if you wanted a customer to email you an attachment that is neither stored nor handled by your server then basically you need to give your customer your email address...

Answering the above question would likely open the table for additional (more thoughtful) considerations.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Please explain why the file should not be uploaded to the site. Ie. What is it about it being "on" the site that is the issue. Note: for ZC to offer the email capability, other than for it to call your local computer's email form, the file technically would have to be uploaded to the site to then be emailed by the email process...

So I guess, if you wanted a customer to email you an attachment that is neither stored nor handled by your server then basically you need to give your customer your email address...

Answering the above question would likely open the table for additional (more thoughtful) considerations.
    For it to be emaild that is fine. Just thinking of security and dont want my site hacked.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by cubmanky View Post
    For it to be emaild that is fine. Just thinking of security and dont want my site hacked.
    So I would suggest looking into the upload process offered by ZC. I won't say that it is a double secret process, but there are a lot of things done to really minimize the systems that interact with a file. Even the filenaming upon upload is basically designed to make the file inert.

Certainly would suggest reviewing the how tos on making your site secure, but like I said, either the site will process the file(s) or can leave everything up to the sender sending an email and associating the email to a product/order.

Now I'm not saying that using the built in upload option is necessarily easy/convenient, but it appears to be designed to minimize the ways of that upload to interact or be externally called upon. Pretty much it seems that if it is accessible (assuming the site has been setup properly) that there is already an issue that has been introduced by some other method.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry, also just realized that didn't exactly answer the how part... basically, the product that are to include some sort of upload would have an upload attribute assigned to it through the attribute process. There are considerations to be made about the filename extension of the files to be uploaded and perhaps some additional code/configuration changes to be made to support those, but the capability is there.

See at least one of the below similar threads: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....-when-ordering

Then there are the FAQ(s):
    https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...to-my-products
    https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...ecommendations
    https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...ze-for-my-site
    To name a few found either by searching the FAQS on 'attributes' or 'upload'...