Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Canít get past 2nd install page

Needless to say that trying to install Zencart is taking days is getting frustrating.
    I sent a message to my host to see if should close my account given all the trouble Iím having with with this.
    Last night I backed up my computer, a Mac, and wiped the drive.
    When I got up at 2 this morning I. Finished the reinstall of the Mac and there was an email that Zencart had been reinstalled and gave me the links for the main page and the administrative page.
    It also gave the username and password used for the install.

So I tried the main page and again, it loads fine
    When I tried the admin page it went to a blank page again.

This morning I contacted a hosting support site that supports Zencart but of course they only support Zencart if I have an account that with them.

Iím not sure what to do next.
    Any suggestions?

Plugin Contributions

Zapping the pram should have been sufficient. Seems a little harsh to wipe the drive.

You said the email gave you a link to your site. Please provide that link in the form of yourdomainDOTcom so the search engines don't grab it.

When you go to yourdomain.com what do you see on the screen?
    When you go to yourdomain.com/YOUR_ADMIN what do you see on the screen? You say it is blank. Is it partially or completely blank?

I'm still not clear where the site is setting, so this is a WAG. When you look in the folder yourdomain.coim/logs do you see any files that start with debug?

You should have two configure.php files on your site. yourdomain.com/includes/configure.php and yourdomain.com/YOUR_ADMIN/includes/configure.php. Can you see if there are any glaring differences in the two? You can post them here using the # sign above BUT make sure to ***** usernames, passwords, and database names.

Lastly, there's also some good information at https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....min-page-blank.

You should not be having these problems, but I fear your host used the autoinstall again. Who is the host?

Hang in there, literally tens of thousands have successfully installed Zen Cart. In most of the failures, it was not the installer but a setting unique to a host.

Plugin Contributions

My host seems to have fixed the issue. They claim to have reinstalled the cart using Softaculous and it's working now.
    We can close this issue but I have a new one I will post.

Plugin Contributions

As you have noted in your other post, the auto-installer is still creating problems. Either that or your host's settings.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12