Plugin Contributions

Default complete new install migrate customer info and products only

Currently on ZC 1.5.5a and I am basically rebuilding from scratch and on another server a new version of the live site.
    There is quite alot of junk in the old site, old plugins no longer needed etc, bad product images etc
    So I thought it may be best to start afresh completely.

Now, If I do this, I obviously need to be able to copy over existing customers details, orders and any other relevant information so that when they log in there are no issues.
    The products will still be the same, although the ID numbers may change due to some old products still on the live site.
    If I was to copy over ALL the tables from the live site as a test first before I start building, how do I then just update new customers and their orders while I am building the new site?
    If I recopy over again then it will just overwrite any SQL changes I have made?

Or am I better to copy over the live database to the test build, make the changes, copy the whole lot back and re-run the sql for the new plugins on the live site again?
    www.candlewithcare.co.uk
    Luxury Scented
    Candles at great prices!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: complete new install migrate customer info and products only

I would follow the rebuild instructions at https://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3...d-of-upgrading.

One thing to keep in mind as you do this is that some mods and some admin menu settings make changes to the database.

You will need to keep track of any new mod that has a manual MySql file involved. Most new mods that don't use this will automatically install when the admin is run.

Admin changes should be noted so that the updated database can match your new settings after update.

Having both of those things in your arsenal, you can wait till moments before going live with the new site:
    • set both sites to Down for Maintenance
    • move in the old database
    • update the old database with zc_install
    • run any new mod MySql files
    • re-make any new Admin settings
    • turn off Down for Maintenance on the new site
    • sell product.