Plugin Contributions

Default Hacker 404 errors

Hi,

I have a plugin installed that sends me email when anyone 404s. I keep seeing similar style URLs from 404s, and wonder if it is a known hack that tells you something about the sites configuration based on what it returns, or if I'm just losing orders -

/index.php?disp_order=2&page=61&main_page=products_new2121121121212.1

Thanks,

Eric

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Hacker 404 errors

Quote Originally Posted by erica62 View Post
    Hi,

I have a plugin installed that sends me email when anyone 404s. I keep seeing similar style URLs from 404s, and wonder if it is a known hack that tells you something about the sites configuration based on what it returns, or if I'm just losing orders -

/index.php?disp_order=2&page=61&main_page=products_new2121121121212.1

Thanks,

Eric
    There basically sql injection attempts.. start off with a set of numbers then change depending on what the command line they used..
    Code:
    products_id=22%27%20and%20%27x%27%3D%27x
    If your up to date on versions, then you should be fine... I've been running basic scans on my development version of ZC155f to make sure my own created forms are safe. Runs about 123 404 errors in server logs by the time the scan is done. The tools are open source in Python2 and are illegal to use without site owner permission. Python is a command line tool and can run on any OS, fake IP, Host and user agent... Staying up to date is the best option for protection.
    Dave
    Always forward thinking... Lost my mind!

Plugin Contributions

So it used to be /index.php?disp_order issue above, and over the last 6 weeks or so it has now been 404s on /status?full and /console daily a few times. I'm getting people all over the world, so as a Zen Cart site, I'm wondering what I'm doing to attract these people, and if they know if I have a ZC site or if these things when working tell them I am using other specific software etc. Thanks, Eric

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

It would seem they're just probing to test whether your site is vulnerable to any weaknesses that other software is often prone to.

You can spend a lot of time looking at those kinds of things and never benefit from it. While it can be useful to watch for patterns and observe sudden changes, nothing you've posted here suggests anything alarming. Particularly if you're using the latest version of Zen Cart.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by davewest View Post
    The tools are open source in Python2 and are illegal to use without site owner permission.
    good luck trying to prosecute anyone on that legality!
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Dr. Byte. Using 1.5.1 and in a couple weeks will role out 1.5.5F.