Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Address Book Entry - not saving when primary is selected

Zen cart 1.5.5f
    Fast and Easy Checkout 2.1.8

Update Address Book Entry does not seem to be working correctly when logged in via
    my account/address book

When a customer has an account, and wants to change information in there address book via My Personal Address Book it does not seem to be saving the entry when you select the new address as primary.

The address does save but the it will not change the primary.

If you go to the checkout and change the information there all seems to work correctly.

I looked at the forum but can’t seem to find an answer. If someone could assist me or lead me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Address Book Entry - not saving when primary is selected

Just some more information to my puzzle.

When you change the primary address and logout then log back in the change will work.

The primary checkbox seems to be the issue from what i can tell.

Plugin Contributions

Just to be clear because I still can’t find a solution.

When a customer logs into their account and changes their primary address via my address book there seems to be an issue during the checkout process where the primary address is not updated.

Please note the primary address is created when I first created my account.

When I either add or edit an address and select it to be the primary address it saves and displays as the new primary address. – which is correct

The problem is when I go to the checkout it is still showing OLD primary address. - this is incorrect

When I log out and log back in the the new primary address displays correctly.

If someone could assist me or lead me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Plugin Contributions

I am not able to check the code right now, but I suspect the address is stored in the session, and is not updated.

Plugin Contributions

hey design75,

I believe you are correct that it is stored in the session. But how would we go about and fix that.

Plugin Contributions

I figured I give it one more shot. Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this issue.

if someone could assist me or lead me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it,

Plugin Contributions

I just tried this on a zc1.5.5f installation:

Logged into my account and tried two paths:

1. Changed an existing address-book record to primary. Placed a product in my cart and went to checkout; the new address was displayed.
    2. Added a new address, ditto.

What I did see was that changing the primary address after I'd started the checkout process (i.e. login, go to checkout then go to account/address-book) any changes to the primary address had no effect on the address "chosen" for the checkout ... since I'd already selected that (now, not primary) address previously and that address-book-id is recorded in the session.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by chadlly2003 View Post
    I figured I give it one more shot. Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this issue.

if someone could assist me or lead me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it,
    As for the answers you got, its all working as expected for us..

Quote Originally Posted by chadlly2003 View Post
    I believe you are correct that it is stored in the session. But how would we go about and fix that.
    Yes the session variables is registered or re-registered depending on what the customer is doing. This is already done in the code so no fix is needed...

Before you get to far out, I would compare header file of a clean copy of ZC155f to both nodules/pages/address_book and modules/pages/address_book_process Do the same with the template files..

Somewhere you or something modified or the files was corrupted during upload... I'm not able to recreate the problem without destroying the files...

I've modified my account address book to behave as Amaz0n with the primary swatch within the book listing and not just in edit... I posted to by blog about it, but looks like I forgot to post the code… well have to do that..
    Dave
    Always forward thinking... Lost my mind!

Plugin Contributions

The issue happens when someone went to the checkout page and continues shopping then goes to the account and changes there information. That is where the issue comes into play. Then you go back to checkout and its the old address

Seems like lat9 has the same issue

Plugin Contributions

[QUOTE=chadlly2003;1347736]The issue happens when someone went to the checkout page and continues shopping then goes to the account and changes there information. That is where the issue comes into play. Then you go back to checkout and its the old address

I also swapped out the header files and still the same result.

It works on the initial checkout. But mentioned if you leave checkout page and go to my account and change information there that when the issue comes into play.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast