Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default Sub-Categories show "L" in front of each

I noticed that after creating a main product and then adding subcategories it shows what looks like an "L" to the left of the sub name except the vertical and horizontal lines don't actually touch.
    I can't seem to find out why it does that and doesn't need to be there.
    Anyone point me in the right direction to fix that?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Sub-Categories show "L" in front of each

YOURADMIN >> Configuration >> Layout Settings >> Categories Separator between the Category Name and Sub Categories

Plugin Contributions

I removed it and it looks good.

I've also installed Google Chrome as my default browser on the Mac Mini and removed the latest auto-installed version of my store because in trying to edit the content of the main page, advising me I've successfully installed Zencart, I don't have a subdirectory called YOUR_TEMPLATE.
    I recall that being a big thing when I ran ZC several years ago so I'm currently FTPing the files back to my server so I can do the install as per the install instructions.
    Thank you again.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rensing View Post
    I removed it and it looks good.

I've also installed Google Chrome as my default browser on the Mac Mini and removed the latest auto-installed version of my store because in trying to edit the content of the main page, advising me I've successfully installed Zencart, I don't have a subdirectory called YOUR_TEMPLATE.
    I recall that being a big thing when I ran ZC several years ago so I'm currently FTPing the files back to my server so I can do the install as per the install instructions.
    Thank you again.
    YOUR_TEMPLATE is a generic way to reference the template that you have installed and are actively using. For example if you notice when using the responsive classic template (the responsive template provided), there is a directory called responsive_classic.. responsive_classic === YOUR_TEMPLATE when the responsive class template is active. If you selected the classic template (the really old style template) then YOUR_TEMPLATE would be the classic directory or YOUR_TEMPLATE === classic.

The thing is those two specific directories (and associated overrides) really should be left as they are provided (at least the existing files should basically be left unmodified) to provide a safety net for testing, a set of files for comparison, clear understanding of what has changed from one version to another when preparing the next upgrade, etc...

I just wanted to be clear that a directory or a template called YOUR_TEMPLATE is not specifically suggested or advised. Having a template that is not located in one of the default locations is advised and it *will* be referenced by the term YOUR_TEMPLATE.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for all help provided by various people.
    I spent the morning removing the auto-install in Softaculous, which incidentally I also found to be used on another host when I Google searched for Zencart supported hosts, and I re-installed using FTP and after some tense times creating the database and user with the correct privileges I'm now back on my way to restarting the site.

I have noticed however, that after setting Canada as my site location and default currency and shipping (which I won't be doing), when I start adding catagories, it shows the British flag to the left. before that just had a "?" as if it had no image to display. Should that not be the CDN flag or is there someplace I need to change that.

Also using Google Chrome now on my Mac Mini running High Siera the first thing I tested was creating a main category and tried deleting it. IT WORKS! :-)

Plugin Contributions

Do I need to close this threat when I'm satisfied that it's working, and if so, how. I don't see a "close..." option.