Thread: Using PhpStorm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Using PhpStorm

The inspections in PhpStorm flag up constants that it cannot find, such as those in the database, as errors.

As far as I can tell, the only way to stop these errors is to have the database constants (configuration_keys) duplicated in a file that PhpStorm CAN find/index.

So I did a script that generates a suitable file:
    https://github.com/torvista/zen-cart...tion-constants

Constructive criticism welcome!
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Using PhpStorm

Great idea.

As for naming convention, I have both my .gitignore and my FTP app set to ignore all "dev-*.php" files, so that they aren't committed to VCS nor uploaded to servers.
    Alternatively, other utility tools often use underscore prefixes, for example one of them is: _ide_helper.php
    (I avoid using dot-prefixed files for semi-sensitive things like this, just in case I accidentally ignore them because they're hidden-by-default.)

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Is there any way to get these sql inspections to work, instead of switching them off?
    Name:  Clipboard01.gif
Views: 1628
Size:  18.6 KB
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by torvista View Post
    Is there any way to get these sql inspections to work, instead of switching them off?
    Name:  Clipboard01.gif
Views: 1628
Size:  18.6 KB
    I haven't tried it in a while, but supposedly if a connection to a database was made, then those type of notifications would go away. I found this related to making that connection: https://www.jetbrains.com/help/phpst...-database.html

Last time I tried to do this a couple of years ago I ran into some sort of issue that I'm sure was my fault or doing.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

The problem is not the database connection (that is working ok), but that PhpStorm cannot read/substitute the database constants in those queries for the constant definitions in
    includes/database_tables.php with the DB_PREFIX.

So, this does not work:
    define('TABLE_PRODUCTS', DB_PREFIX . 'products');

but this does work (clears the error)
    define('TABLE_PRODUCTS', 'products');

web searches indicate this is not possible, I was just wondering if anyone had found a way to make it work without changing includes/database_tables.php.
    Steve

Plugin Contributions

There is a PHP inspection plugin for Phpstorm called EA Extended: another world of php nitpicking to spend endless hours with, but the principal things it spits out are

recommending strict comparisons when possible.
    ie.
    if ($action == 'edit')...
    to
    if ($action === 'edit')...

and using single quotes around sql text chunks

As there are so many of them to initially correct, it's hard to see any real issues (can't see the wood for the trees).

For ongoing code/PR submissions, should I "correct" these things or ignore them?
    Steve

Plugin Contributions

The problem is not the database connection (that is working ok), but that PhpStorm cannot read/substitute the database constants in those queries for the constant definitions in
    includes/database_tables.php with the DB_PREFIX.

So, this does not work:
    define('TABLE_PRODUCTS', DB_PREFIX . 'products');

but this does work (clears the error)
    define('TABLE_PRODUCTS', 'products');

web searches indicate this is not possible, I was just wondering if anyone had found a way to make it work without changing includes/database_tables.php.

Did you ever find a workaround? I have modified includes/database_tables on my local install to avoid the issue.

Zen Cart and it's community are the best!!

Plugin Contributions

There is a PHP inspection plugin for Phpstorm called EA Extended: another world of php nitpicking to spend endless hours with, but the principal things it spits out are

recommending strict comparisons when possible.
    ie.
    if ($action == 'edit')...
    to
    if ($action === 'edit')...

and using single quotes around sql text chunks

As there are so many of them to initially correct, it's hard to see any real issues (can't see the wood for the trees).

For ongoing code/PR submissions, should I "correct" these things or ignore them?
    I'll have to install that, thanks for pointing it out. I think it's important moving forward to future-proof so think making the changes as the code is being worked on would be the best way. That's what I've been doing, and the amount of warnings when the log all errors mod is on is steadily shrinking.

Zen Cart and it's community are the best!!

Plugin Contributions

Did you ever find a workaround?
    No. I did the same.
    Steve

Plugin Contributions

To prevent php inspection flagging up multiple errors as "undefined variables" for uses of messagestack and zco_notifier, you can add this to the start of the file you are working on, temporarily:

/**
    * @var messageStack $messageStack
    * @var zcObserverLogEventListener $zco_notifier
    */

Steve

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast