Plugin Contributions

Default Change "Sold Out" button to "Order" button

First I'd like to thank those folks that were kind enough to help me get to where I am now. I have to admit that looking closer at the support site, most of the questions I have had are answered in the FAQ section on the right side of the page.
    I have printed them and put them in a new binder I'm creating for this new project.

Now for the current issue. I think I'm in over my head.

On my current site, afghansniagara.ca, when you click on an item I currently do not have, it shows "Sold Out".
    So naturally I thought, OK, change the button called "Sold_Out..." to "Order..." as that is what I want it to show. (Using the correct file name format)
    The new button I created has a .png ext so I renamed it in the .php file where that button is defined, but the new button doesn't show.

Now I must say that the sold_out button I searched for on my hard drive is not the same as the sold_out button on the site so I'm not sure where that button is located on my HD.

Next thing I thought, clone the template since I've read several messages referring to doing that.
    I've changed from the Responsive Classic to the Classic template and made some minor changes but I think I can re-do those in the cloned template.

I downloaded the Clone Template file and copied the files to where they needed to go as per the included HTML file.

I don't seem to be able to find where to run the Clone program and was wondering if I could get some more help please.

Sorry.
    After I saved this question I realized that if I do change that button to "Order", how do I get that to link to a page where the order can be placed?
    Should I just enable the Page_2 in EZpages and have order instructions there or is there a way to make that button clickable to send me an email with an order?
    Last edited by rensing; 23 Jul 2018 at 07:13 PM. Reason: thinking ahead

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Change "Sold Out" button to "Order" button

That "Clone a Template", once installed, adds an item to your admin's Tools menu; click Tools and you'll see Clone a Template as an option. Click that and you'll be taken to that tool's page.

Plugin Contributions

So a couple additional things. When you see the sold out image on your site, you should be able to right click on it and get some more details like the path for the image. That will tell you where the image is stored in relation to the base of your store.

Next, regarding the "sold out" condition. It sounds like you want to allow checkout of items even if there is no stock available. Also that the product remain shown on the site even if there is no stock available.

The question becomes, are you tracking stock on any items at all (if not then there is a setting that can be changed and the store will never "run out" of stock.) if there are some items where the quantity really matters, then that's a different solution. If everything's stock is to be and is being tracked and really the 0 or less quantity available is just an indicator to you, then that too is a different solution.

Basically, it helps if you explain what it is overall that you're trying to achieve. Not necessarily just this one little issue of the "right" image.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    That "Clone a Template", once installed, adds an item to your admin's Tools menu; click Tools and you'll see Clone a Template as an option. Click that and you'll be taken to that tool's page.
    Sorry but I did check that prior to my post. I’ll try to reinstall it and see what happens.