Plugin Contributions

Default PayPal Express Checkout

I received several emails today indicating that someone on my site was trying to buy one of my products for the price I have it listed as.

In the email that is the error log, I noticed that the [SIGNATURE] looks like this:

[SIGNATURE] => ****************************************************aNkB

So I’m not sure if I have too many characters in my signature

Also, the user name should be an email address?
    Mine is a variation of my login email address but doesn’t have the “@“ anywhere in it.
    I copied the user name from the API page after I clicked on show so I could see what it is.

Not sure what’s happening but I do know the user gets taken to the PayPal site to log in.
    This user does not have an account created on my site since there are still only 2 users.

I’m not sure what other info I can provide from the number of emails I received about this attempt to buy something.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal Express Checkout

Make sure that you completely delete the information from the API Signature -- Signature Code block in your PayPal settings. Sometimes you think all is highlighted and it's not.

A common mistake for our customers is to copy the API from PayPal, go to PayPal settings, click on the API, and Ctrl V or Paste not knowing that over thirty characters of the API may be hiding, un-selected, in the background.

Plugin Contributions

The API Signature ([SIGNATURE]) is obscured for security such as supporting publicly posting so as not to give it away to everyone.

Whose user name are you talking about? If referring to the information captured in a paypal or Paypal log and representing the site owners credentials, then the logged result does not include the @. This too is normal.

As to creating an account, well, if in fact paypal express is active AND it is used for checkout, then the setting to generate an account is located within the PayPal Express module (modules->Payment->PayPal Express). If talking about the customer's login, then yes it should be an email...

Ok, all of that out of the way, what really seems to be the issue? I see you say that someone "tried" to buy an item... were they not successful? The information in the log should identify at what point in processing that a problem occurred... also, the log should basically identify the path of code executed so that can determine where a problem might have occurred.

What are the settings for logging as established in paypal express? Is a log to be generated always (and emailed) or only when there is an error/issue?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I went through the steps again to copy/paste the info after making sure the box was empty.

Plugin Contributions

The order was not successful as I did not get the notification the order was placed.
    The signature I’m referring to is the one assigned by PP API credentials and the user name was also assigned by PP.
    Could the purchase have failed if someone outside of Canada tried to order since I don’t ship any of my items at this point and want to start dealing locally first but be able to accept PP and Square for payments.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rensing View Post
    The order was not successful as I did not get the notification the order was placed.
    The signature I’m referring to is the one assigned by PP API credentials and the user name was also assigned by PP.
    Could the purchase have failed if someone outside of Canada tried to order since I don’t ship any of my items at this point and want to start dealing locally first but be able to accept PP and Square for payments.
    The basic ZC setup requires at least one method of shipping to be enabled. If one is not setup then completion of purchase is not possible. As part of the information in your paypal log(s), there should be some identification of the destination information or something that states that the purchase could not be completed because the destination is not supported...

Could that be the cause? Most certainly. If the store does not support sending a product the the desired destination then the purchase can not be completd and in the case of using the express method of checkout an incomplete purchase does not follow through and complete the account generation.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I do have one shipping method setup but it’s “store pickup”