Plugin Contributions

Default Google Analytics module for v155?

I'm looking for a Google Analytics module that works with the latest version of ZC. It looks like the two most used ones do not support version 155.

Any advice? I don't need to do anything fancy with my analytics. Just want to see my store traffic in my GA account.
    Ellie Armsby

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Google Analytics module for v155?

Quote Originally Posted by earmsby View Post
    I'm looking for a Google Analytics module that works with the latest version of ZC. It looks like the two most used ones do not support version 155.

Any advice? I don't need to do anything fancy with my analytics. Just want to see my store traffic in my GA account.
    Version compatibility identification can be a bit of a "tricky" topic... a general suggestion for something that is not (yet?) identified as being compatible with a more recent version of ZC, besides reviewing the recent posts to the discussion thread, is to setup a test site and see if/how it works in that newer ZC version. I would hazard to guess that it still works just fine, but would also balance that statement with the idea that such usage may require some file merging. By that I mean the changes made for the plugin in its released state may need to be also made to the newer version.

Part of why I say it is also a tricky topic is that there still remain plugins that are reported to work with ZC 1.3.8 as the highest version, but the code affected hasn't actually changed since then and therefore still works even with 1.5.5.

So, even though a business is to be run, some adventure in a test environment could go a long way. And then sharing that experience in the applicable forum thread will help yourself and the next individual. How? Perhaps a situation encountered will be addressed/resolved and also by posting about it the situation or condition will be known for you or the next individual in the future.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckPhillips View Post
    I also use this one with 1.5.5f, to me it is the best one.

Zen Cart and it's community are the best!!

Plugin Contributions

Has anyone tried using the new GA4 analytics with a ZC shop yet? Curious if existing analytics plug-ins can be adapted for it or if I need to add some custom code somewhere in a core file.
    Ellie Armsby

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by earmsby View Post
    Has anyone tried using the new GA4 analytics with a ZC shop yet? Curious if existing analytics plug-ins can be adapted for it or if I need to add some custom code somewhere in a core file.
    I'm making some custom code based on the aforementioned EC Analytics plugin. The idea is the same (observer for the shopping cart/checkout/etc. notifications), however the event names and parameters are different.

Also I'm sending the events to GA server-side, through the Measurement Protocol API available on GA4 (it's still in Alpha, but I haven't experienced any issues so far). This is quite handy because there's no need to "translate" the events to js and then send them through js (especially useful also because I'm making several ajax calls in my ZC store), instead you can send them right away in the same observer class.
    You can still use the js approach of course, like the plugin does.

Plugin Contributions

Im trying to get google analytics to unload on a v157c website / cant get to it downloading in my admin.

Upgrading from V1.5.4 and struggling a bit.

Code:
    [05-Nov-2021 22:49:57 UTC] Request URI: /cart23/, IP address: 2.223.77.249
    #1 require_once(/includes/init_includes/init_google_analytics_config.php) called at [/includes/autoload_func.php:37]
    #2 require(/includes/autoload_func.php) called at [/includes/application_top.php:222]
    #3 require(/includes/application_top.php) called at [/index.php:25]
    --> PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant DIR_FS_ADMIN - assumed 'DIR_FS_ADMIN' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /includes/init_includes/init_google_analytics_config.php on line 8.

#1 require_once(/includes/init_includes/init_google_analytics_config.php) called at [/includes/autoload_func.php:37]
    #2 require(/includes/autoload_func.php) called at [/includes/application_top.php:222]
    --> PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant DIR_FS_ADMIN - assumed 'DIR_FS_ADMIN' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /includes/init_includes/init_google_analytics_config.php on line 55.

#1 scandir() called at [/includes/init_includes/init_google_analytics_config.php:59]
    #2 require_once(/includes/init_includes/init_google_analytics_config.php) called at [/includes/autoload_func.php:37]
    #3 require(/includes/autoload_func.php) called at [/includes/application_top.php:222]
    #4 require(/includes/application_top.php) called at [/index.php:25]
    --> PHP Warning: scandir(DIR_FS_ADMINincludes/installers/google_analytics): failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /includes/init_includes/init_google_analytics_config.php on line 59.

#1 scandir() called at [/includes/init_includes/init_google_analytics_config.php:59]
    #2 require_once(/includes/init_includes/init_google_analytics_config.php) called at [/includes/autoload_func.php:37]
    #3 require(/includes/autoload_func.php) called at [/includes/application_top.php:222]
    --> PHP Warning: scandir(): (errno 2): No such file or directory in /includes/init_includes/init_google_analytics_config.php on line 59.

#1 sort() called at [/includes/init_includes/init_google_analytics_config.php:64]
    --> PHP Warning: sort() expects parameter 1 to be array, bool given in /includes/init_includes/init_google_analytics_config.php on line 64.

#1 require(/includes/templates/responsive_classic/jscript/jscript_google_analytics.php) called at [/includes/templates/responsive_classic/common/html_header.php:170]
    #2 require(/includes/templates/responsive_classic/common/html_header.php) called at [/index.php:42]
    --> PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant GOOGLE_ANALYTICS_ENABLED - assumed 'GOOGLE_ANALYTICS_ENABLED' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /includes/templates/responsive_classic/jscript/jscript_google_analytics.php on line 3.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by toyseller View Post
    Im trying to get google analytics to unload on a v157c website / cant get to it downloading in my admin.

Upgrading from V1.5.4 and struggling a bit.

[CODE][05-Nov-2021 22:49:57 UTC] Request URI: /cart23/, IP address: 2.223.77.249
    --> PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant DIR_FS_ADMIN - assumed 'DIR_FS_ADMIN' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /includes/init_includes/init_google_analytics_config.php on line 8.
    i am not sure which plugin you are using, as the 2 referenced above in this thread do not have the highlighted file that is referenced in your log.

as it is complaining about an undefined admin constant, my guess is that init file needs to be on the admin side, not on the storefront.

what other files are copied in the wrong place, i can not say.

best.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you very very much for your reply.

Mistake on my part for not copying to the admin side.
    I knew it went there but the error message implied to me, that I needed to change my config file.