Plugin Contributions

Default Images loading randomly

v1.5.5f test site https://www.treeoflifejewellery.com/teststore/ fresh build in a directory of live site https://www.treeoflifejewellery.com -

Issue: product images are randomly not loading, i.e. some will be missing on a page (home page, category pages etc) but still have all the other data showing (see image below) - alt text, description, more details box etc - just the image itself does not resolve. Refreshing the page will often result in different images missing - navigating to other pages from any given page and then returning can also result in different images missing. Sometimes it will be just one image on a page, other times 3 or 4 or more. It is definitively random in nature.

I have recently upgraded a few other sites from 1.5.1 to 1.5.5f by the rebuild method and have not had this issue. (I DID have this issue some months ago but this instance seems unrelated - see notes below*). I am using IH4 v4.3.2 on all rebuilds (I am aware now that IH5 is available however I do not think it is an IH4 related issue) - all other plugins in this rebuild are exactly as per previous successful rebuilds.

The existing live site is v1.5.1 and there are no problems with images loading correctly. I have reinstalled IH4 but that hasn't helped. No myDEBUG error logs are being generated. I have done some searches on the internet and in here over the past few days but no solution found.

So at present I am not sure what to look for to attempt to resolve the issue hence looking for some assistance.

cheers, Mike

*notes: the same symptoms occurred on a number of my sites on a different host some months ago when the host changed over to LiteSpeed servers - after a lot of digging it turned out that that new generation of LiteSpeed servers had a problem in dealing with Apache mod_pagespeed which I had installed in my .htaccess - LiteSpeed would not admit it, nor my host, but the issue was discussed/reported in a bunch of forums - deleting mod_pagespeed solved the issue.

I have deleted mod_pagespeed from the server hosting this problem site but that was done in hope more than expecting it to work - this site is on GoDaddy (I know, I know) but as stated above there are no image loading issues on the live site.

Attachment 18009

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Images loading randomly in 155f

The images that are loading are coming from the bmz cache (IH is installed)
    eg: bmz_cache/0/0813101cc47ef2b9f0caf3d0d7dc4cf6.image.250x198.gif

The images not showing don't exist in the subdirectory
    eg: images/tol/tree_of_life_bracelet_009.gif

This exists in the existing store but doesn't exist in your "teststore" store

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Images loading randomly in 155f

Quote Originally Posted by gilby View Post
    The images that are loading are coming from the bmz cache (IH is installed)
    eg: bmz_cache/0/0813101cc47ef2b9f0caf3d0d7dc4cf6.image.250x198.gif

The images not showing don't exist in the subdirectory
    eg: images/tol/tree_of_life_bracelet_009.gif

This exists in the existing store but doesn't exist in your "teststore" store
    G'day Gilby - thanks for your response. I am feeling somewhat embarrassed about this - I didn't check what you checked because I 'assumed' I had loaded the images correctly ... wrong! I loaded some images from a wrong folder and they are named differently, e.g. tree_of_life_bracelet_009.gif is the 'old' format - new format is without the underscores treeoflifebracelet009.gif

I made the required changes to the particular products in admin and all is working now as it should!!

I very much appreciate your help mate - saved me a lot of angst.

cheers,
    Mike
    Last edited by shags38; 9 Aug 2018 at 04:44 AM.