Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

red flag Upgraded from v.1.5.4 to 1.5.5f and now getting AJAX errors and Admin section is down

Hi,

So, I tried to upgrade my existing v.1.5.4 environment to v.1.5.5f and following the "what's new" instructions and copied the new files up to my web host and even ran the "zc_install" to upgrade the database.

Everything looked OK on the storefront, but every time I try to do any shopping cart operations (add product to cart, checkout, etc.), I'm receiving AJAX errors:

An unknown response null: :text/html; charset=utf-8: :Bad Request was received while processing an ajax call. The action you requested could not be completed.

The items do get added to the cart and it appears that you can still checkout (haven't actually tested the entire PayPal integration, which was working fine previously), but I need to get rid of that error for potential customers.

Also, I can't even access the admin portal, even after removing the 'zc_install' folder from the web server, I'm receiving an HTTP 500 error every time.

What did I do wrong and how can I fix this (without rolling back my entire store to the previous version)? It look me hours to go through the list of files that have been updated since v.1.5.4 and to carefully upload only the changed files to my web server. I was using the Winchester template, prior to the upgrade.

My web host is using a Linux web server with PHP and mySQL installed.

I would be willing to grant an admin access to my store to help me fix it, I just really need some help....please!

Thanks.

Shannon

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgraded from v.1.5.4 to 1.5.5f and now getting AJAX errors and Admin section is

Here are some entries from the logs:

[24-Aug-2018 11:25:45 America/New_York] Request URI: /store/TPC_admin/, IP address: 98.26.234.161
    #1 require() called at [/home/shawat11/triadpc.com/store/TPC_admin/includes/init_includes/init_file_db_names.php:38]
    #2 require(/home/shawat11/triadpc.com/store/TPC_admin/includes/init_includes/init_file_db_names.php) called at [/home/shawat11/triadpc.com/store/includes/autoload_func.php:48]
    #3 require(/home/shawat11/triadpc.com/store/includes/autoload_func.php) called at [/home/shawat11/triadpc.com/store/TPC_admin/includes/application_top.php:171]
    #4 require(/home/shawat11/triadpc.com/store/TPC_admin/includes/application_top.php) called at [/home/shawat11/triadpc.com/store/TPC_admin/index.php:10]

[24-Aug-2018 11:25:45 America/New_York] PHP Warning: require(includes/filenames.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/shawat11/triadpc.com/store/TPC_admin/includes/init_includes/init_file_db_names.php on line 38
    [24-Aug-2018 11:25:45 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required 'includes/filenames.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/php5/lib/pear') in /home/shawat11/triadpc.com/store/TPC_admin/includes/init_includes/init_file_db_names.php on line 38

---------------
    Aug 24 2018 8:37 -- backupConfigureFiles
    PASSED

---------------
    Aug 24 2018 8:37 -- CheckWriteableFile
    PASSED
    (
    [fileDir] => /home/shawat11/triadpc.com/store/includes/configure.php
    [changePerms] => 0664
    [createFile] => 1
    )

---------------
    Aug 24 2018 8:37 -- CheckWriteableAdminFile
    PASSED
    (
    [fileDir] => includes/configure.php
    [changePerms] => 0664
    [createFile] => 1
    )

---------------
    Aug 24 2018 8:37 -- checkPhpVersion
    PASSED
    (
    [version] => 5.2.9
    [versionTest] => ge
    [localErrorText] => PHP Version should be greater than 5.2.9
    )

---------------
    PASSED
    (
    [version] => 7.2.0
    [versionTest] => lt
    [localErrorText] => PHP Version should be less than 7.2
    )

---------------
    FAILED
    (
    [version] => 7.1.0
    [versionTest] => ge
    )

---------------
    Aug 24 2018 8:37 -- checkIsZCVersionCurrent
    PASSED

---------------
    Aug 24 2018 8:37 -- checkExtension
    PASSED
    (
    [extension] => mysqli
    )

---------------
    Aug 24 2018 8:37 -- checkWriteableDir
    PASSED
    (
    [fileDir] => /home/shawat11/triadpc.com/store/logs
    )

---------------
    PASSED
    (
    [fileDir] => /home/shawat11/triadpc.com/store/cache
    )

---------------
    PASSED
    (
    [fileDir] => /home/shawat11/triadpc.com/store/images
    )

---------------
    PASSED
    (
    [fileDir] => /home/shawat11/triadpc.com/store/includes/languages/english/html_includes
    )

---------------
    PASSED
    (
    [fileDir] => /home/shawat11/triadpc.com/store/media
    )

---------------
    PASSED
    (
    [fileDir] => /home/shawat11/triadpc.com/store/pub
    )

---------------
    Aug 24 2018 8:37 -- checkHtaccessSupport
    PASSED

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgraded from v.1.5.4 to 1.5.5f and now getting AJAX errors and Admin section is

author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

So if understand correctly, files that were identified in instructions as being changed were uploaded over top existing files. After that was done the database was upgraded using zc_install (this process should have also updated the includes/configure.php and YOUR_ADMIN/includes/configure.php files)

What about new files and files no longer a part of the package?

With regards to the admin error, there likely (maybe) a myDebug-adm-xxx file in your logs directory that may give information about the issue. If you post that file (and obscure reference to the renamed admin directory) then it may be possible to provide guidance. When posting please first select the # button in the message toolbox to create [CODE][/CODE] tags between which the content can be pasted.

The popup message is likely due to some character set (for example, defines that include CHARSET) discrepancy between the database and the language files.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Yes, I followed those exact steps and added any net "new" files and removed any old files that the version notes suggested.

Initially, when i signed into the admin portal, it was blank, so I kept trying to fix the ajax errors in the store, but something happened and the admin portal wouldn't even come up (500 error). I posted the contents of the 'myDebug-adm-xxx' file in my previous post. I think it got caught up in the configure.php file or didn't like some other file that it was trying to read or upgrade.

If I run the zc_install option again, it shows that the database has been upgraded to 1.5.5, but it wants me to do a "clean install", which would wipe out my store configuration and data.

I got frustrated and wound up just restoring my old store configuration and files.

I understand that ZenDesk is a free tool but there has got to be a better way to upgrade from one version to the next without all of these issues.

Some type of installer that checks the versions/sizes of the files and prompts you to overwrite or skip and only update the files that have been updated in the newer version.

I've spent at least 8 hours on this upgrade, only to have to rollback to my previous version and I can't afford to do a "clean install" and lose the tons or hours and work I've done to build my catalog and make the store look like I want it to.

Plugin Contributions

Upgrading is a time consuming, complex task. I'm an expert who has done it dozens of times, and it generally takes me 10 hours to get through one.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    Upgrading is a time consuming, complex task. I'm an expert who has done it dozens of times, and it generally takes me 10 hours to get through one.
    So, what is the preferred method to upgrade, in a high-level summary of steps #1-x?

I'm using a custom template with some light to medium customizations.

Is it better to revert to the stock template, put the site in maintenance mode, upgrade all of the files listed in the v.1.5.5.x document, run the database upgrade from the zc_install folder, then download and install the latest version of the custom template, then re-apply any customizations to the template?

Just trying to get an idea of the order of upgrade, since there's a few variables at play here.

Are there any plans to support any future builds after v.1.5.5f or is this product being sunset by the developer? Just wondering, as there are always changes needed to keep php and mySQL update to date for security reasons and for PCI compliance.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by triadpc View Post
    Are there any plans to support any future builds after v.1.5.5f ... ?
    Yes. You can follow the progress of the project on Github if you want.

https://github.com/zencart/zencart
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

So, what is the preferred method to upgrade, in a high-level summary of steps #1-x?
    How do I rebuild my site on the new version, instead of upgrading?

Are there any plans to support any future builds after v.1.5.5f or is this product being sunset by the developer?
    As swguy said, Zen Cart continues to be openly supported and developed.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

From the sound of it as well, and realize that swguy as well as I, probably use some form of comparison software to implement the upgrade. There are changes being made to make the process easier by offering ways that software can change operation without modifying the core files.

Part of why I bring that up because (well actually wrote it before a more recent post asking about a recommended process) is that regardless what editorial content is provided or missed, operation depends on the content of the file(s).

As to the most general recommended process: http://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3-...d-of-upgrading

As to the "best" way? There is a lot of variation that is possible. Different changes to the cart require different ways to approach. It depends on what changes have been applied and in some cases whether anything needs to be added at all. In a comparison of older ZC versions to recent, the ability to have multiple admin users required a plugin, whereas that is a standard feature now.

Regarding the future? There is a version 1.5.6 that is still in development and there is a relatively complete rewrite that is being worked on as well. 1.5.6 is expected to handle php 7.2 and further support nginx. But yes it continues to be supported for upgrade and compatibility with newer technology. Just because it is on subversion f doesn't mean that there isn't more expected. It basically means that the changes that have been made/suggested do not meet the criteria to step up a version number...

In other words: what they said. :)
    Last edited by mc12345678; 24 Aug 2018 at 08:19 PM.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast