Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Produt Qty displaying whole numbers(rouding up) need show actual qty on hand

We have had our site up for several months but have found that when the qty in our instore system says 6.75 the zencart "Units in Stock" shows 7 and allows a person to place on order for more than we have on hand.

We are running 1.5.5e
    PHP 5.6.7
    Yourstore Template from Perfectus. v2.3.7
    Instore to web is handled automatically by a script that runs every 8 min.
    The product qty is set for 2 decimal places.
    Do not to allow more than available is also active.
    Customers can order other than whole number(i.e 1.25, 1.5, 2.67...)

I hope I covered everything for someone to offer a little guidance.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Produt Qty displaying whole numbers(rouding up) need show actual qty on hand

Status of check stock level and subtract stock? Both are found in configuration->stock.

What are the settings for units and minimum quantity for the product?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Produt Qty displaying whole numbers(rouding up) need show actual qty on hand

Both are set to "True".

Plugin Contributions

Min and Max .25

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tdbask View Post
    Both are set to "True".
    Well, in absence of any other information and it's been a while since I've compared 1.5.5e to 1.5.5f, but in 1.5.5f if I had product quantity decimals set to 2, a product set to a minimum of 0.01 and units set to 0.01, if I attempted to add more to the cart than was available, ZC notified me that the quantity added was set to the maximum and only allowed the maximum to be in the cart.

Tried with a quantity of 10.97 and 0.97 being available.

Would suggest at least using the includes/classes/shopping_cart.php file from 1.5.5f if you do nothing else.

Plugin Contributions

I got thinking about the rounding up and down so I took a look at the ZEN database. I found all the entries to be whole numbers. I randomly checked selected stock codes with our in store system and found when an item in store says 2.42 on hand, in ZEN it shows 2. When the in store on hand reads 2.75, ZEN has 3.
    The "products_quantity" field in the "products" table is set for "Floating". Should it not be set for "Decimal" so as to not round?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tdbask View Post
    I got thinking about the rounding up and down so I took a look at the ZEN database. I found all the entries to be whole numbers. I randomly checked selected stock codes with our in store system and found when an item in store says 2.42 on hand, in ZEN it shows 2. When the in store on hand reads 2.75, ZEN has 3.
    The "products_quantity" field in the "products" table is set for "Floating". Should it not be set for "Decimal" so as to not round?
    Float supports decimal type numbers. The fact that they are rounded is because of something else. Something like a plugin or other code modification.

Because you discuss a difference between what ZC reports and what is "in store", that makes me think you use something to "account" for the differences. It is that software that seems to be causing your issue. If as requested the posting tips were followed, then could help identify what is happening and perhaps why.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the guidance. We've made no code changes so that would leave me with the interface script.
    I will send this issue to the folks who handle that script to see what they say.
    This has gotten me thinking that maybe I should look at the older database(we keep copies of everything) and see if this was happening before the last updates.

Thanks again.

Plugin Contributions

Out of curiosity (but not helping with your issue), what type of products do you sell where the quantities are normally fractional?

Plugin Contributions

We sell fabric. Customers buy by the yard or fraction of. A customer could want 1.75 yrds. We allow them to order in .25 increments. But not all products are that way. A panel is sold as a whole unit. They cannot order .67 of a panel, although panel may be .67 of a yard (we've done that for them as we entered the item). That would be like printing only 2/3 of your picture. Panels are set to 1, so no fraction can be ordered.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast