Plugin Contributions

Default Layout issues with responsive template

I am having layout issues with my template.

It works fine for standard product but when the product is on sale or call for price, everything gets messed up.

Name:  scd.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  38.6 KB

Any ideas what i should look at?

This is on a local test site so no live version. I am using responsive shefield blue template.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Layout issues with responsive template

Quote Originally Posted by nicksab View Post
    I am having layout issues with my template.

It works fine for standard product but when the product is on sale or call for price, everything gets messed up.

Name:  scd.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  38.6 KB

Any ideas what i should look at?

This is on a local test site so no live version. I am using responsive shefield blue template.
    Your 'call for price' etc labels take up extra lines, and the space between labels is preset, so this makes the box bigger. Different photo sizes would do same thing. I don't use this template any more, but here are my notes from when I dealt with similar issue on Resp Sheff Blue:

Template format tweakSize of Product Listing boxes)
    1. what’s new listing to show on bottom of home page or other pages has different code that what’s new product listing that shows on What’s New page. The latter contains product stock available while the former does not.
    2, the product listing boxes are variable in height according to size of image and whether title has more than one line etc. This can make different size boxes push each other so instead of three in each row there may be one in a row followed by 2 in the next row. The css for this box has min-height but no max height or set height. The what’s new box and product listing box are styles the same.

So - I split out .centerBoxContentsNew, Featured and Specials on stylesheet.css from .centerBoxContentsProduct at approx #268. For .centerBoxContentsProduct I left the styling except I change min-height to height:480 which gives a constant product listing box regardless of image size diffs or extra labels.

But 480 is too big for my ,centerBoxContentsNew,Featured, Specials so putting it in its own line I used the same styling as .centerBoxContentsProduct, but used fixed height:375 (This can be smaller if I make all images the 700 x 560 standard I’ve started using)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by soxophoneplayer View Post
    Your 'call for price' etc labels take up extra lines, and the space between labels is preset, so this makes the box bigger. Different photo sizes would do same thing. I don't use this template any more, but here are my notes from when I dealt with similar issue on Resp Sheff Blue:
    Thank you. I will give this a try.

What template are you using now instead of Resp Sheff Blue?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by nicksab View Post
    Thank you. I will give this a try.

What template are you using now instead of Resp Sheff Blue?
    Clone of Responsive Classic - loved RSB but hitting too many issues with out of date components, and it seemed pretty clear the template wasn't going to be updated. I dithered about it for at least a year as I had put a lot of time into customizing RSB.