Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default v1.5.5f, Responsive Classic + PHP 7.1- Errors in Log Files

Hello guys,

Can anyone with knowledge please help me out with the following errors which might me template issues with php 7.1 in my Zencart log files?

I've been trauling through the forum and can't seem to fix these last few issues. I've checked things like file versions, permission etc unless I've missed something critical somewhere.

I've only recently switched to php 7.1 from 5.6. Everything appears to be working fine apart from these logfile issues.

Many thanks

Nathan

[12-Sep-2018 10:13:20 Europe/London] Request URI: /index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=300&zenid=0d0ee8f409592362b 67e77a17104ac34, IP address: ***.***.***.***
    #1 zen_categories_ul_generator->buildBranch() called at [/home/*******/**************.com/zencart/includes/classes/categories_ul_generator.php:85]
    #2 zen_categories_ul_generator->buildTree() called at [/home/*******/**************.com/zencart/includes/templates/responsive_classic/templates/tpl_modules_mobile_menu.php:38]
    #3 require(/home/*******/**************.com/zencart/includes/templates/responsive_classic/templates/tpl_modules_mobile_menu.php) called at [/home/*******/**************.com/zencart/includes/templates/responsive_classic/common/tpl_main_page.php:258]
    #4 require(/home/*******/**************.com/zencart/includes/templates/responsive_classic/common/tpl_main_page.php) called at [/home/*******/**************.com/zencart/index.php:97]

[12-Sep-2018 10:13:20 Europe/London] PHP Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/*******/**************.com/zencart/includes/classes/categories_ul_generator.php on line 73
    [12-Sep-2018 10:13:20 Europe/London] Request URI: /index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=300&zenid=0d0ee8f409592362b 67e77a17104ac34, IP address: ***.***.***.***
    #1 zen_categories_ul_generator->buildBranch() called at [/home/*******/**************.com/zencart/includes/classes/categories_ul_generator.php:85]
    #2 zen_categories_ul_generator->buildTree() called at [/home/*******/**************.com/zencart/includes/templates/responsive_classic/templates/tpl_modules_mobile_menu.php:38]
    #3 require(/home/*******/**************.com/zencart/includes/templates/responsive_classic/templates/tpl_modules_mobile_menu.php) called at [/home/*******/**************.com/zencart/includes/templates/responsive_classic/common/tpl_main_page.php:258]
    #4 require(/home/*******/**************.com/zencart/includes/templates/responsive_classic/common/tpl_main_page.php) called at [/home/*******/**************.com/zencart/index.php:97]

[12-Sep-2018 10:13:20 Europe/London] PHP Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/*******/**************.com/zencart/includes/classes/categories_ul_generator.php on line 73

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Zencart 1.5.5f, Responsive Classic + PHP 7.1- Errors in Log Files

PHP 7.1 is bringing up some interesting changes. Perhaps the second half of post https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....66#post1343166 can help. You're getting the error on a different line, but take a look.

Plugin Contributions

If you watch the Zen Cart 1.5.6 changes in Github, you'll see a lot of the PHP 7.1 issues are fixed in that upcoming version.

Here's the file you are having trouble with:
    https://github.com/zencart/zencart/b..._generator.php
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you very much both of you for your feedback, nothing appears to be broken so far.

I'll take a look at the links you've both kindly provided and possibly hold off for the full ZC1.5.6 release in the future unless the 1.5.6 file version of categories_ul_generator.php is backwards compatible with 1.5.5f although probably not wise to mix and match due to possible dependencies.

Thanks again.

Plugin Contributions

The mentioned files are backwards compatible, they only provide changes for php compatibility. No extra, or removed functionality
    Quote Originally Posted by himmon View Post
    Thank you very much both of you for your feedback, nothing appears to be broken so far.

I'll take a look at the links you've both kindly provided and possibly hold off for the full ZC1.5.6 release in the future unless the 1.5.6 file version of categories_ul_generator.php is backwards compatible with 1.5.5f although probably not wise to mix and match due to possible dependencies.

Thanks again.

Plugin Contributions

That's great, thank you for the confirmation.

Plugin Contributions

I had the same error logs and a symptom additional to yours but 'related' (1.5.5f & 7.1 code) - take a look at post #9 onward in this thread - the resolution to your errors is provided by MC123456789
    https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....ue-Breaks-Page

cheers,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shags38 View Post
    I had the same error logs and a symptom additional to yours but 'related' (1.5.5f & 7.1 code) - take a look at post #9 onward in this thread - the resolution to your errors is provided by MC123456789
    https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....ue-Breaks-Page

cheers,
    Mike
    Yes it was my post in that thread that offered the solution for shags38's posted issue, but I can't take full credit. There are others that had identified similar correction and I can recall a post by DrByte that offered the "simplified" solution. Unfortunately, I can not recall all of those that were involved in identifying the solution, but their contribution and those identifying the issue is what keeps improving this software.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the follow up guys. I'll take a look at the links you've provided, cheers!
    Replacing categories_ul_generator.php with the ZC 1.56 build did indeed clear at lot of my original errors in the first post.

I have since cleared down the logs folder and have these few new ones below, will see what I can find in case I've missed anything.

[14-Sep-2018 10:10:39 Europe/London] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /home/*******/************.com/zencart/includes/modules/responsive_classic/category_row.php:41
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home/*******/************.com/zencart/includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_modules_category_row.php(14): require()
    #1 /home/*******/************.com/zencart/includes/templates/responsive_classic/templates/tpl_index_categories.php(86): require('/home/*******/...')
    #2 /home/*******/************.com/zencart/includes/modules/pages/index/main_template_vars.php(236): require('/home/*******/...')
    #3 /home/*******/************.com/zencart/includes/templates/responsive_classic/common/tpl_main_page.php(171): require('/home/*******/...')
    #4 /home/*******/************.com/zencart/index.php(97): require('/home/*******/...')
    #5 {main}
    thrown in /home/*******/************.com/zencart/includes/modules/responsive_classic/category_row.php on line 41

Plugin Contributions

@shags38, mc12345678

Will backup and make the changes mc12345678 mentioned in post 10 regarding category_row.php errors in your link above. As you've mentioned they appear to be fixed in ZC1.5.6.

Thanks all.

UPDATE:

Made these changes to zencart/includes/modules/responsive_classic/category_row.php mentioned by mc12345678

"And for the second file changing $list_box_contents from being defined as a string to a proper array by changing:
    Code:"

$list_box_contents = '';

to:
    Code:

$list_box_contents = array();

Clear logs and will check again later.
    Last edited by himmon; 14 Sep 2018 at 11:47 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast