Plugin Contributions

Default MOBILE renders only Single Column - should be 2 Columns - v1.5.5f

v1.5.5f php7.1

Mobile renders with only a single column instead of 2 columns (after navigating away from index page). I am using Westminster New template however the same problem exists when I change to Responsive Classic .... problem exists on all 5 sites that I have upgraded to 1.5.5f - aside from the specific issue of single column the site(s) appear to render as they should in mobile and I am not getting any errors registered in Google WMT

I am not sure if I have 'broken' the responsiveness somehow in respect to columns ... images too large?, column width settings? or the like, or that I have mis-configured or not configured something?

I have attached an image of my admin/configuration/layout settings in case it is helpful - not sure what else would be helpful at this point for anyone taking a look at this ... use this website as an example www.cliponearrings.net.au

thanks in advance,
    cheers Mike

Attachment 18026Attachment 18026

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: MOBILE renders only Single Column - should be 2 Columns - v1.5.5f

This is normal in responsive design. That said, one of the things that was incorporated in Anne's original design (pre 1.5.5) was to allow side columns to be displayed, though the left would be above the main content and right would appear below the main content.

There are both admin and catalog side things to add/modify to support this operation.

There is also a plugin that supports display of side boxes in the center/main area. I forget at the moment what it is called, but I think it has the word centerbox in it.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: MOBILE renders only Single Column - should be 2 Columns - v1.5.5f

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    This is normal in responsive design. That said, one of the things that was incorporated in Anne's original design (pre 1.5.5) was to allow side columns to be displayed, though the left would be above the main content and right would appear below the main content.

There are both admin and catalog side things to add/modify to support this operation.

There is also a plugin that supports display of side boxes in the center/main area. I forget at the moment what it is called, but I think it has the word centerbox in it.
    Thanks MC - it all makes sense now with your explanation.

again many thanks for y6our assistance.
    cheers,
    Mike