Plugin Contributions

Default Call to undefined function: mysql_connect(). Please install the MySQL Connector for P

[Hello, I need help!

I have install latest version Zen Cart and I got front page. But when I want to open any product or link I got this message: Call to undefined function: mysql_connect(). Please install the MySQL Connector for PHP.

I have also change PHP version on PHP version 7.1.

Please help, any solution....????]

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Call to undefined function: mysql_connect(). Please install the MySQL Connector f

Quote Originally Posted by aljosa View Post
    [Hello, I need help!

I have install latest version Zen Cart and I got front page. But when I want to open any product or link I got this message: Call to undefined function: mysql_connect(). Please install the MySQL Connector for PHP.

I have also change PHP version on PHP version 7.1.

Please help, any solution....????]
    When you say "latest" version, can you be more specific? What version specifically? From where was the version obtained?

Version 1.5.5f does not itself have any calls to mysql_connect, but does to mysqli_connect. The earlier mysql_ commands were deprecated in previous php versions (If I remember correctly it was in 5.6).
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Call to undefined function: mysql_connect(). Please install the MySQL Connector f

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    When you say "latest" version, can you be more specific? What version specifically? From where was the version obtained?

Version 1.5.5f does not itself have any calls to mysql_connect, but does to mysqli_connect. The earlier mysql_ commands were deprecated in previous php versions (If I remember correctly it was in 5.6).
    Hello.. I have use version from Zen Cart home page. In my admin page I see version (You are presently using: v1.5.5f).. I have find some solution in includes/configure.php file so it works, but I am not sure if I have make all the changes properly because the price of product is not show, the icons are not my own,..

Sory on my english, I am from Slovenia

Could you please help me??

Plugin Contributions

I have find some solution in includes/configure.php file so it works ...
    Can you be more specific about what you added or changed?

As mc says, there are no direct calls to "mysql_connect" in Zen Cart - have you added a mod or a template that does this perhaps?
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Hello.. I have use version from Zen Cart home page. In my admin page I see version (You are presently using: v1.5.5f).. I have find some solution in includes/configure.php file so it works, but I am not sure if I have make all the changes properly because the price of product is not show, the icons are not my own,..

Sory on my english, I am from Slovenia

Could you please help me??
    That's okay, typically when asking for more clarification we are asking for specifics. What url, what output is provided, what error message.

There are questions asked as part of the posting tips (included below) that when answered can help solve the problem:
    [LEFT][COLOR=#FF0000]NOTE: When making a new post, be sure to include relevant information such as:[/COLOR][/LEFT]
    [LIST][*]What version of Zen Cart are you using?[*]Has your site been upgraded? When? From what version(s)?[*]If you've upgraded, HOW did you upgrade? (official upgrade procedure or an automated script from your hosting company?)[*]What plugins/addons have you installed? When? If your problems are payment-related, what payment module(s) are you using? If it's shipping-related, which shipping module(s) are you using?[*]If your problems are language-pack related (non-English), have you checked that all the language files are loaded and correct?[*]HOW did you install Zen Cart? (upload via FTP and run zc_install, or a one-click install from your hosting company? (one-click installs might mean you don't have enough information about your site/server to make customizations easily))[*]What version of PHP and MySQL is your server using? (See Admin->Tools->Server Info)[*]WHEN did the problem "start"? How does that compare with other events of your hosting company, changes you've made to your site files/addons, or your admin settings, etc?[*]Please post the contents of related "[URL="http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?124"]debug logs[/URL]" generated by Zen Cart (wrap the content in [code] and [/code] tags please!). [*]If this is your first store, have you tested all aspects of transactions before going live?[*]In what ways is your site customized or different from a brand new uncustomized install?[*]Please post your site URL[COLOR=#FF0000]*[/COLOR] so we can take a look at it. This is especially important if you're encountering display/layout problems, so the problem can be seen directly.[*]If you're encountering problems that could be related to your server or hosting company, include the name of your hosting company (not their URL).[*]HAVE YOU LOOKED [URL="http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?2-FAQs-and-Tutorials"]IN THE FAQ AREA for answers to your question?[/URL] (ie: a search for your error message or what you want to edit/change, etc)[*][URL="http://www.zen-cart.com/search.php"]Have you searched the FORUM for your error message or for answers to the question you're asking?[/URL][/LIST]
    [LEFT][COLOR=#3E3E3E][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#3E3E3E]Also read the [/COLOR][/LEFT][URL="http://www.zen-cart.com/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_before_posting"][U]"Before You Post" and "Forum Do's and Don'ts"[/U][/URL][LEFT][COLOR=#3E3E3E] to be sure you provide at least the basics of information in your post. The more detail you supply, the more likely you'll get a usable answer. If you don't give enough information then you'll likely just get a reply asking for more info, or worse: no reply at all. We'd rather give excellent answers than have to ask you more questions![/COLOR]

[COLOR=#3E3E3E] [/COLOR][COLOR=#3E3E3E][COLOR=#FF0000]*[/COLOR][I]NOTE: Search engines index this Zen Cart® support site very quickly. Posting your URL will cause your site and your post to show up in search engines. If you want to prevent that, put spaces between each letter of the domain name in your URL.[/I][/COLOR][/LEFT]
    Also, could use your admin->tools->developers tool kit to search for: mysql_connect on the catalog and identify what files contain that code and that may help us help you.

Also, you could review the myDebug-xxxx files in the logs directory to maybe find more areas of code causing the issue and things needing to be updated.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...