Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Unable to get popup image to show on Products Info page

Hello. I have zen cart v1.5.5.f installed on my site. I've also installed a Theme Monster template, theme688. In addition to all of this I've installed Stock_By_Attributes (SBA), the Combined Master version that should work all they way up to ZC 1.5.5. Everything works fine until I get to the Products Info page. It's there I click on the image to show a larger image and a popup appears, but no image.

I've also got a zen cart install similar to the above EXCEPT I didn't install SBA. On this version it works fine.

The problem appears to be in tpl_modules_main_product_image.php file. Here is the code for the nonworking file:

<?php
    /**
    * Module Template
    * @package templateSystem
    * @copyright Copyright 2003-2011 Zen Cart Development Team
    * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003 osCommerce
    * @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License V2.0
    * @version $Id: tpl_modules_main_product_image.php 18698 2011-05-04 14:50:06Z wilt $
    * Updated for Stock by Attributes 1.5.3.1
    */
    ?>
    <?php require(DIR_WS_MODULES . zen_get_module_directory(FILENAME_MAIN_PRODUCT_IMAGE)); ?>

<div id="productMainImage" class="centeredContent back">

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript"><!--
    document.write('<?php echo '<a href="javascriptopupWindow(\\\'' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE, 'pID=' . $_GET['products_id']) . '\\\')">' . zen_image(addslashes($products_image_medium), addslashes($products_name), MEDIUM_IMAGE_WIDTH, MEDIUM_IMAGE_HEIGHT,'id="SBA_ProductImage"') . '<br /><span class="imgLink">' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '<\/span><\/a>'; ?>');
    //--></script>
    <noscript>
    <?php
    echo '<a href="' . zen_href_link($products_image_large, . '' . zen_image($products_image_medium, $products_name, MEDIUM_IMAGE_WIDTH, MEDIUM_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '<br /><span class="imgLink">' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</span></a>';
    ?>
    </noscript>
    </div>

I've compared this code to the file that works on the non_SBA version, which uses a simple <href> link versus a javascript popup window here. I'm certain based on my own tests, the problem is in the DOCUMENT.WRITE line of code. However, I'm lost from there on. Help!

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I've also, as a test, removed what looks like html comment tags from that particular line...no difference.

P.S.S my test zen cart site is at: yarndogPress.com/zencartTest
    Last edited by loveSeesAllColors; 18 Sep 2018 at 02:21 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Unable to get popup image to show on Products Info page

First of all, may want to address/correct the html validation errors on the page, then I got these javascript errors when clicking on the main product image:
    1. HTTP403: FORBIDDEN - The server understood the request, but is refusing to fulfill it.
      GET - http://yarndogpress.com/zencartTest/...-btn-close.gif

2. HTTP403: FORBIDDEN - The server understood the request, but is refusing to fulfill it.
      GET - http://yarndogpress.com/zencartTest/...co-loading.gif

Perhaps could use a slightly more modern lightbox/colorbox tool that possibly works with jQuery more recent than 1.7.1?

Or perhaps making sure that the folder permissions support retrieving the image(s) as when I try to access those directly I get an error message like:
    Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /zencartTest/images/lightbox/lightbox-btn-close.gifon this server.
    Additionally, a 403 Forbiddenerror was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

...mmm, i checkout out the permissions. It appears I donīt even have an ./images/lightbox folder to begin with....mmm....maybe this is the problem! Is the ./images/lightbox folder something zen cart creates or am I supposed to created it an populate it? I go look at what the forums say....thanks for your reply to my post :)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by loveSeesAllColors View Post
    ...mmm, i checkout out the permissions. It appears I donīt even have an ./images/lightbox folder to begin with....mmm....maybe this is the problem! Is the ./images/lightbox folder something zen cart creates or am I supposed to created it an populate it? I go look at what the forums say....thanks for your reply to my post :)
    No, images/lightbox is not a default ZC folder. Also not sure in which images directory that is expected to be referencing, but it relates to the template or other lightbox related plugin has been installed or included.

Plugin Contributions

Looks like you got it.

Don't forget to post the fix so that others may benefit.

Plugin Contributions

highly recommend to use the lightbox or ajax pop-up script (spoiled by choice in google and normally very easy to implement), as old javascript can be blocked by browser

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by web-project View Post
    highly recommend to use the lightbox or ajax pop-up script (spoiled by choice in google and normally very easy to implement), as old javascript can be blocked by browser
    Curious about how ajax will still work when blocking javascript, as you will still need it to make ajax calls? Care to elaborate?

Plugin Contributions

I installed lightbox and got same results. Everything works fine until click picture (or Larger Image link) on Product Info Page and then a page pops up, but no image. I can go into Admin>Configuration and see the settings for Lightbox, but I still donīt have a ./images/lightbox folder that, I think, should contain the images the Lightbox Mod uses. Do I create that folder or should it have been created by Lightbox during install?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by loveSeesAllColors View Post
    I installed lightbox and got same results. Everything works fine until click picture (or Larger Image link) on Product Info Page and then a page pops up, but no image. I can go into Admin>Configuration and see the settings for Lightbox, but I still donīt have a ./images/lightbox folder that, I think, should contain the images the Lightbox Mod uses. Do I create that folder or should it have been created by Lightbox during install?
    Which "lightbox" app did you try to install? I know zen colorbox works and offers a similar lightbox feature.

Plugin Contributions

I installed Lightbax 1.7.1, I think, itś the latest download

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast